Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Sewing B starts tonight.....any takers?

(36 Posts)
HildaW Tue 12-Feb-19 13:56:41

I loved the earlier series. No Claudia this time so am just hoping it will be as enjoyable. Why oh why does it clash with Shetland? I know I'm a bit old fashioned but I much prefer to watch a programme as its being broadcast...adds to the sense of occasion. Sounds a bit pretentious I know but I can still remember the times when EVERYONE would be watching an episode of something hey ho simpler times!

Parsley3 Tue 12-Feb-19 14:35:18

I am a big fan if this series. I will record it to watch later as I OH and I love Shetland.

jusnoneed Tue 12-Feb-19 14:40:57

Shetland wins hands down for me.
I'm not convinced about the comedian presenting Sewing B, just on the trailer his flapping about annoys me.

KatyK Tue 12-Feb-19 15:00:14

Shetland for me. I've never seen Sewing Bee.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 12-Feb-19 15:11:58

I love the Sewing Bee and will tune in with joyful anticipation as sewing is my first love. I wouldn't dare go on it though.

HildaW Tue 12-Feb-19 15:40:36

Nor me....its the time restraints I would not enjoy. I love sewing and have done some lovely complicated stuff but I take my time, walk away when it gets tricky and come back to it when a solution has occurred to me. I also enjoy doing hand sewing when its called for but I have to be in the right frame of mind, rushing its not conducive to neat stitches!

M0nica Tue 12-Feb-19 16:07:09

Yes, yes, yes and yes.Oh hang on, this post has just reminded me that I have a committee meeting tonight, expletives, deleted.

I will have to watch it on iplayer tomorrow.

Ilovecheese Tue 12-Feb-19 16:09:47

I love it, but am afraid Shetland comes first so will watch it on iplayer. Not sure about the new presenter either, but will reserve judgement.

Nanabilly Tue 12-Feb-19 17:15:47

I can't wait for this . Always record it though just in case of any calls or unexpected visitors .

rockgran Tue 12-Feb-19 17:27:46

Oh yes - but will watch on iplayer as I'm out at that time. I've just caught up with all the other series on youtube.

petra Tue 12-Feb-19 17:48:04

Another chance to gaze at the beautiful Patrick grin
I do love the sewing as well, honestly.

Tweedle24 Tue 12-Feb-19 18:03:04

I love this programme but, have still not seen a final effort that matches up to that beautiful red and black evening gown bases on a riding habit in the first series,

Jane43 Tue 12-Feb-19 21:31:29

I love this programme too. I will miss Claudia as I love her quirkiness and sense of fun. Patrick is indeed a feast for the eyes and he comes across as very intelligent and charming. Some people just have it all. I will watch Shetland a few episodes at a time.

DanniRae Tue 12-Feb-19 22:11:52

I have recorded it as we had our sister-in-law here for dinner. I look forward to watching it tomorrow........too tired tonight.
I think Joe Lycett will do just fine - Claudia got on my nerves anyway!

BlueBelle Tue 12-Feb-19 22:15:48

I enjoyed it but I have to say the routine with all these competitions even down to having three presenters is getting a bit boring I d love for it to change round a bit The third presenter comes across better than Noel Fielding does as the third leg on Baker
Now got to find Shetland on my iPad

Day6 Tue 12-Feb-19 22:27:29

I enjoyed the previous Sewing Bee programmes, so thanks for the reminder. I'll catch it on iplayer. I used to make my own clothes when I was a student. (Does anyone remember the Clothkits packages? I made my children several little lightly padded jackets, all with toggles and piped edges, sewn by hand.)

Now I am curious as so many of you enjoy Shetland. Feel I am missing something!

Susan56 Tue 12-Feb-19 22:49:04

I remember the Clothskits packages Day6,my daughters had matching jackets.I will watch sewing bee on catch up as Joe Lycett is one of my favourite comedians.

Jalima1108 Tue 12-Feb-19 23:10:43

Dougie Henshall wins by a whisker but Patrick comes a very close second
smile

Knittynatter Tue 12-Feb-19 23:21:29

I’m always very impressed by the talent on this programme. I do a lot of sewing but following a pattern and taking my time.

M0nica Tue 12-Feb-19 23:25:41

Really enjoyed it this evening. Jo Lycett is s infinitely preferable to Claudia Winkleman, yes, she really got on my nerves as well. Jo is friendly low key and interested in what the contestants were doing. He was great.

DGD, 11, is an eager sewer, since Christmas with her own 'proper' sewing machine. She will be watching the programme for the first time and I think she will really enjoy this weeks episode.

mcem Tue 12-Feb-19 23:36:24

Enjoyed this first show but Joe ( never heard of him) contributed nothing at all! Much rather have quirky Claudia!

Bathsheba Wed 13-Feb-19 08:52:17

Now I am curious as so many of you enjoy Shetland. Feel I am missing something!
That's exactly what was going through my mind Day6 smile. Think I may have to investigate this programme!

littleflo Wed 13-Feb-19 09:13:07

I love this programme but wish they would give them enough time to make a wearable garment. The problem for me, with all these types of programmes, is that I like all the contestants and don’t want any to go.I feel sorry for those who go out on week one. I think they should wait till week 3 before losing anyone.

Last nights group did seem exceptionally talented. I am watching the previous series at the same time so it is good to compare. I had never heard of the new presenter, but I really liked him.

Greyduster Wed 13-Feb-19 09:47:44

Previous series of Shetland have been brilliant, so I’m looking forward to it, having taped it, but Sewing Bee just won out in the ‘watch it now’ stakes. I like the new presenter too, and what can you say about Patrick??. I am a hopeless sewer, but have been taken by this programme from the outset. I still wish they would bring back Pottery Throwdown, though!

Parsley3 Wed 13-Feb-19 10:14:33

I watched it and it was great viewing. Joe is good but as I am not a Claudia fan there was no competition for me. Patrick and Esme are a quirky duo and I love their comments on the garments. I am looking forward to the next set of challenges.
I also watched Shetland.
Douglas and Patrick in the same evening! ?