Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Googlebox, new series, new family.

(36 Posts)
phoenix Fri 22-Feb-19 22:36:01

Evening all, I know this programme isn't to everyone's taste, but must admit to sort of enjoying being a habitual watcher of it!

However, I'm finding Olivia (one of the daughters of a new family of viewers) a bit.............

Anniebach Fri 22-Feb-19 22:53:04

I didn’t know it was back, hope Giles are Mary are still on it.

KatyK Fri 22-Feb-19 23:08:06

I love Gogglebox but Olivia's language was a bit choice.

Maggiemaybe Fri 22-Feb-19 23:43:08

I agree. It made me cringe.

Yes, Annie, Mary and Giles are back!

Maggiemaybe Fri 22-Feb-19 23:48:08

Mary did make me laugh when she told Giles that if he ever told her he wanted to be a woman, she’d just think he was attention-seeking as usual. He’d said he’d thought about it once “for about a week”. smile

petra Sat 23-Feb-19 08:11:37

Do the production crew 'advise' them on some of the really really dim comments ?

Anniebach Sat 23-Feb-19 08:16:07

I shall watch it today, ?

TerriBull Sat 23-Feb-19 08:54:07

Mary and Giles, just love them and the Siddique family, who unlike some of the others come across as well informed and well read, plenty of witty asides with both the former and the latter. I'm not keen on the brother and sister they get too much airtime imo, they often make nasty comments and aren't very interesting or funny. Think the Leeds sisters don't add a lot either. Glad Scarlett Moffet departed, her father, who seemed far more informed, was always explaining the most elementary things to her, whilst she wore a puzzled/baffled expression, in spite of telling the public she was super bright. Time will tell with Olivia, she is certainly foul mouthed and I suspect a bit ignorant, but she did raise a laugh when her mother was explaining something or other addressing her by her name "Olivia" and she said "who's Olivia?" Haven't explained that very well, it needs to be in context to appreciate it. Don't think you will like her Annie grin too sweary.

phoenix Sat 23-Feb-19 09:22:11

Mary was very cross about the shirts!

BlueBelle Sat 23-Feb-19 09:24:18

I haven’t started the new series I liked Scarlett when she first started but as time went by she got more and more up her.....
I used to like Léon and June, the Sddigues seem a lovely family and the two old ladies are funny sometimes, Mary and Giles are very droll, also the very funny lady whose name has jumped out of my mind in the caravan with her gay best friend not very keen on any of the others The family with the big dogs make me feel ill when they are drooling round biscuits and can’t take to the rather large hairy family or the brother and sister
Do you think it’s filmed all in one go and I wonder how much is scripted ?

TerriBull Sat 23-Feb-19 09:36:10

Also loved Mary's comment about not using 2nd class stamps, because it looks mean and Giles' riposte to that.

Very sorry when Leon died, he and June were favourites of mine. Also like the other June, I think that's her name, and best friend Lee (caravan)

Oldwoman70 Sat 23-Feb-19 09:42:38

I have never watched this programme - yes I know lots of people enjoy it - but I can't understand the attraction of watching other people (strangers) watching TV!

Nannylovesshopping Sat 23-Feb-19 09:44:27

Love gogglebox, but can’t stand the brother sister couple,
just so crude unnecessarily, also her laugh is so irritating, the Siddiques are my favourites, met the couple whose son George used to appear with them, they were so happy to chat, really nice people.

Auntieflo Sat 23-Feb-19 09:44:44

Ohhh!!! I recorded it last night, and usually watch it while having lunch on Saturdays. (I am a little bit addicted. Can you be a little bit addicted?). So haven’t seen the mouthy Olivia yet. DH will be appalled, and I will probably cringe. I suppose the programme makers look out for the controversial ones.
I love the Siddiques, the Welsh couple, Lee and ? in the caravan, why can’t I remember her name? Mary and Giles, and the family with the huge St Bernard dog. Are they still on?
Not keen on the brother and sister, the two Leeds? sisters, who scream too much.
Anyway, I shall watch later, and no doubt choke on my sandwich.

MissAdventure Sat 23-Feb-19 09:46:34

Oh, I missed it!
I love the two older ladies and Lee and June (?) in the caravan.
I must be the only person who doesn't like Giles.
I think he plays to the camera.

KatyK Sat 23-Feb-19 10:04:57

Lee and Jennysmile

KatyK Sat 23-Feb-19 10:05:41

I agree re Giles MissA He seems to be acting.

MissAdventure Sat 23-Feb-19 10:08:15

Ah yes. Jenny; I think she is just so lovely!
She exudes warmth and compassion. smile

phoenix Fri 29-Mar-19 21:10:57

Who else thinks that the man in the family who always have cakes on the table has an expression like a bulldog licking piss off a stinging nettle?

Urmstongran Fri 29-Mar-19 21:32:32

Leon & June definitely the best.

Gonegirl Fri 29-Mar-19 21:36:41

I can see what you mean phoenix. Spot on. grin

Urmstongran Fri 29-Mar-19 21:39:51

I agree MissA there is something lovely and cosy about watching Lee & June in their caravan. Comforting somehow, I don’t know why.

Gonegirl Fri 29-Mar-19 21:41:05

I like the posh couple best.

Urmstongran Fri 29-Mar-19 21:52:20

Steph & Dom are so funny Gonegirl and quite outspoken!

Urmstongran Fri 29-Mar-19 21:58:40

Oops! Jenny of course.