Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Line of Duty

(371 Posts)
Lily65 Tue 26-Mar-19 20:01:07

Oh wow! I have gone back to episode one and it is so good, so relevant.

Maggiemaybe Mon 22-Apr-19 13:17:44

Oh, good theory, Pittcity! shock

Parsley3 Mon 22-Apr-19 13:46:01

Do we know that H is a man? What about that Jill seducing our Ted then. She is clearly a rank bad yin. I am beginning to wonder if she could be H.

Namsnanny Mon 22-Apr-19 15:32:49

Sorry everyone because this is a stupid question but it’s rattling around my brain and I need an answer!!!
Re the Last series (Roz Huntley), Tim Ifield (played by Jason Watkins) owned (he pulled it out of his haversack) and was seen wearing a black balaclava.....was it ever addressed why???? It’s probably me being slow on the uptake but even after watching again I can’t find a reason why? ?

Callistemon Mon 22-Apr-19 16:19:12

Namsnanny you are just confusing my poor brain even more grin

oldgimmer1 Mon 22-Apr-19 17:04:44

@nams: do you mean why did he need to wear a Balaclava outside the store, when, once inside the store, he was only wearing a baseball cap?

Greyduster Mon 22-Apr-19 19:39:14

I just caught up with this! Bloody hell!!!

1inamillion Mon 22-Apr-19 20:35:23

Lovebeigecardigans1955 - you have to watch Series 1 to know the identity of the body in the freezer.
The Telegraph Online do a pretty good resume of each episode.

oldgimmer1 Mon 22-Apr-19 21:14:37

I think body in the freezer is still relevant somehow. She's still missing, isn't she? Denton briefly swiped past her photo when she was at Mispers.

Namsnanny Mon 22-Apr-19 22:23:27

Oldgimmer1.....Yes! That's the section. I know he took it off to go into the shop to buy a saw (yuck!), but surely actually owning a balaclava is suspicious?

Sorry I've taken a while to answer you!

Joyfulnanna Tue 23-Apr-19 00:24:30

I'm getting a bit browned off with Mr Mecurio keeping us guessing whether Hastings is corrupt. Steve Arnott had a close call on Sun, but the stand off was a bit wooden. Lisa knew that Hastings message to "close" things meant that she had to kill the bent copper. I was a bit disappointed because I was starting to like him!! Now just her running things and her bone heads. It's opened my eyes a bit to human trafficking. Kate is still so good in this series. I'm enjoying her acting. How many episodes are there in this series?

Joyfulnanna Tue 23-Apr-19 00:27:18

Genuinely feel for Hastings' situation.. He obviously still feels alot for his wife.

Joyfulnanna Tue 23-Apr-19 00:27:49

That barrister is using him

Alima Tue 23-Apr-19 07:32:23

Caught up this morning. Heavens, this is good! Wasn’t expecting that at all. (There are six episodes in this series. The last one is going on for longer than the hour apparently).

oldgimmer1 Tue 23-Apr-19 07:54:04

@nams: I never really understood this either.

There's a good chance Tim had a Balaclava due to his work. Or even fancied himself as a Balaclava man, out of sheer weirdness.

I have another theory. I believe that Tim was part of the dodgy enterprise and that his role could have been that of cutter-up of bodies. All the bodies were dismembered AFAIK and that would have taken expertise and tools.

And poor old Jackie Laverty - her legs in that freezer! Not sure if her torso in in there too but her dismembering looked pretty expert.

Poor Tim!

Charleygirl5 Tue 23-Apr-19 16:01:11

Radio Times online is running an excellent breakdown of who could be H and more importantly why. It filled a few gaps for me, especially stuff I had totally forgotten.

Iam64 Tue 23-Apr-19 18:55:50

Joyfulnanna - how can you possibly be browned of with Jed M keeping us guessing whether Ted is corrupt. That's the focus of this series init.
Course he isn't corrupt. Have faith (mother of God have faith said Ted)

Joyfulnanna Wed 24-Apr-19 00:48:29

Yeah "mother of god" lol. I hope it's not the focus of this series..that would be disappointing..and hope it's a red herring for what's really going on with Lisa.

Grandma2213 Wed 24-Apr-19 01:06:16

Never watched before this series but it is compelling though rather brutal (and I am not easily shocked). My problem is that I never remember names so your comments are not really helpful.

I also made the mistake of watching some of the earlier series which have just served to confuse me more. I don't even recognise some of them when they change hairstyles, grow moustaches or even (as they all seem to do these days
) grow beards - the men I mean - I think I would recognise a bearded lady!!

I guess the end will be unexpected though.

Namsnanny Wed 24-Apr-19 01:36:06

Oldgimmer1....
So you think a few badies were working in cahoots together and Tim was one of them?
Well, that's as good a theory as any other grin

Honestly, try as I might it's hard to follow all the shenanigans (channelling Ted grin).

The acronyms...….well, a whole new post!!

kittylester Wed 24-Apr-19 06:14:26

I love it! I've watched every episode since the beginning and have no blessed idea what is going on. But, I love it!!

Iam64 Wed 24-Apr-19 07:39:50

kittylester - I'm with you, often bewildered about what's going on and who the new characters, who turn out to be from earlier series are. I love Ted and the way his one liners have become legend. I loved his muttered "little gob sh**e" directed at Steve when he disobeyed Ted's order to arrest John. Fantastic stuff.

cornergran Wed 24-Apr-19 07:40:06

Me too kitty. Mr C says he totally understands but won’t explain as it would spoil it for me. Hmm, do I believe him? Nope! grin.

Iam64 Wed 24-Apr-19 07:41:53

He's fibbing cornergran.

Callistemon Wed 24-Apr-19 15:17:07

Of course, if Steve had arrested John, John would not now be dead.
Little gobsh**e indeed.

kittylester Wed 24-Apr-19 15:18:58

They have to keep the quotient up!