Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Durrells.

(29 Posts)
travelsafar Tue 09-Apr-19 18:28:18

Decided to watch this on Netflix and was hooked straight away.The family are all bonkers but had me hooting with laughter at their antics. smile
There are only two seasons on netflix and the new series which started on Sunday on ITV is season 4.
Anyone know where will i find season 3, seems a shame to miss out on a huge chunk.?

Auntieflo Wed 15-May-19 14:26:20

I was like Namsnanny, in that I read the books years ago, and couldn’t picture the actors as The Durrells. I also found a copy of ‘Whatever happened to Margo?’ in a charity shop, and have just begun to read it.

DanniRae Wed 15-May-19 16:37:03

I have put the 3 books that the series was based on on my kindle to read on holiday - a Greek Island but not Corfu (Rhodes).

SueDonim Wed 15-May-19 17:06:57

I got the three books for 99p on Kindle last year. I hadn't read them since I was a teenager and I thought that the tv series reflected the books very well.

Artistic licence was used on tv with the love affair between Louisa and Spiros but then Gerald Durrell used atistic licence when he wrote the books so I don't see a problem with that.