Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Game Of Thrones

(71 Posts)
nanasam Wed 10-Apr-19 10:16:11

Anyone else excited about Series 8 next Monday? I've just binge-watched all of the previous 67 episodes to remind myself of the twists and turns.
If you're going to watch it, what do you think will happen?
If you're not going to watch it, please don't lambaste the programme, this thread is for the lovers of GOT!!!

nanasam Tue 16-Apr-19 11:20:21

Did you see the trailer for Series 8 last week?

What I'm wondering is what on earth could Arya have seen to make her run through the crypt in sheer terror? She's always been the coolest killer, ever since she took up with the face changers so it must be something really, weally, weally scary shock.

Maybe it was the white walkers..

Gonegirl Tue 16-Apr-19 11:23:41

I know I'm behind the times! Had the first lot of Dvds given to me. They haven't been forthcoming with the rest of them. hmm

Gonegirl Tue 16-Apr-19 11:24:38

Anyway, 'Jon' looks lovely with his hair cut. (can never remember his real name)

Gonegirl Tue 16-Apr-19 11:25:12

I did plough through all the books. Which was a feat in itself.

Gonegirl Tue 16-Apr-19 11:26:24

Ooh! I remember the whitewalkers!

Greyduster Tue 16-Apr-19 12:26:16

I was another who couldn’t get enough of the books, but haven’t seen any of the tv series, despite various members of my family trying to lend me the dvd’s! I was hoping there would be another book, but it doesn’t look like it will be forthcoming, so it looks like I will have to “get with the programme”, as they say.

sassenach512 Tue 16-Apr-19 12:35:46

... Or all of her ancesters buried there are raised to life by the night king nana? that girl doesn't get spooked easily ?
Do you watch 'Thronecast' straight after the show with Sue Perkins? it's a hoot and they get some of the stars on as guests.
I'm so glad I have you fellow geeks (?!) to natter to grin my family just don't understand sad

sassenach512 Tue 16-Apr-19 12:38:55

Don't wait for George Greyduster watch the dvds you'll be glad you did smile

lemongrove Tue 16-Apr-19 15:54:30

Well, watched it last night and the first episode didn’t disappoint.
‘He’s got blue eyes!’.....’I’ve always had blue eyes!’ grin
Poor Sam, although his brothers and Father treated him badly he is still upset to hear they have been killed by D.
I laughed at the expression of the Dragon watching Jon at the end.

sassenach512 Tue 16-Apr-19 20:42:32

Don't you just love Tormund? I'm glad he survived the wall's collapse.
I think Sansa is one to watch, she's certainly not the gauche young thing she used to be, Littlefinger has taught her well I'm afraid hmm

nanasam Tue 23-Apr-19 12:22:17

How touching, when Jamie knighted Brienne. She's bound to die now! Who else will die in the battle? What characters will survive? DD brought up a conversation last week between Tyrion abd Ser Davos where they mused "what if the seven kingdoms were ruled by a strong woman and an honourable man" - wonder if that could be Arya and Gendry? BTW Arya, OMG!

sassenach512 Tue 23-Apr-19 12:56:31

Her huge smile afterwards too Nana
I fear Davos and Jorah perhaps won't make it out and even Theon may die defending Bran ? I just hope they leave my boy Tormund alive. I loved the "is the big woman still here?" line ?
Did you notice the emphasis on the bloomin crypt being the safest place? I just have a bad feeling about all those dead Starks in there ?

GrannyGravy13 Tue 23-Apr-19 13:34:29

I have a bad feeling about “keeping women and children safe in the crypt”

It’s full of the dead, can the king of the white walkers call them to arms?

sassenach512 Tue 23-Apr-19 13:56:15

That's what I fear Granny I heard somewhere that there may be a secret entrance into the crypt

GrannyGravy13 Mon 29-Apr-19 17:21:34

Well I will not give any "spoilers", I have just watched episode 3 (sky+ 2am).............but flipping heck 90 minutes of experiencing every known emotion and a few I didn't know I had ?????

Lemmony99 Mon 29-Apr-19 17:30:06

It was such a dark screen , it was difficult to decipher who lived or died .Great stuff and I'll miss it when it ends.

tinaf1 Mon 29-Apr-19 17:46:55

Agree Lemmony 99 I’m still not sure who has survived please but great episode,I will miss this as well

notanan2 Mon 29-Apr-19 18:09:14

To those of you who are starting out I will say this: not sure what #series it is but the whole series before battle of the bastards is just unrelenlessly dark and hard going with no comic relief or lighter moments. But IT IS WORK IT stick with it!

Everyone in the crypt are doomed arent they? Its gonna be hell down there!

notanan2 Mon 29-Apr-19 18:12:30

A few years ago loads of people named their baby girls Khaleesi, and now Dani may be the new "mad monarch"/Cersi (just my theory not a spoiler) so wonder how all those little Khaleesi/Daeneryses will feel about THAT??

notanan2 Mon 29-Apr-19 18:18:20

I used to love thronecast when it was a proper fan theory show back in the day. Cant stand how Perkins has "breakfast TV"ed it so dont watch it any more

notanan2 Mon 29-Apr-19 18:20:33

Haven't seen a single episode and have no intention of doing so.

Thanks for that ninathenanny grin
We will bear that in mind before voting for the Everyone.Must.Watch.The.Same.TV.Shows party grin wink

notanan2 Mon 29-Apr-19 18:23:01

Didnt the acresses who play Arya and Sansa get "the pack survives" tattooes after filming? Spoiler?

nanasam Tue 30-Apr-19 14:30:26

We watched it during the day yesterday and closed the doors and curtains so we could see in the darkness. It worked!
I thought most of the cast were killed until I saw it again at 9pm so it'll be interesting to see who actually did die.

Interesting tattoo point notanan and I agree with you about Thronecast, the guests seem more interested in making jokes and being flippant than giving a serious opinion.

Arya should take the throne, I reckon.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 30-Apr-19 14:57:09

I told Mr.Gravy around 2 series ago that Ayra would end up on the "iron throne".

notanan2 Tue 30-Apr-19 18:13:12

SPOILERS BELOW

Arya pregnant with a stark/barathian future king/queen?

Surely now the north will be plunged into famine after all of their resources being exhausted to feed all the armies that came. Cersie doesnt need to invade them, just needs to cut off trade/food routes from the south.

3 potential throne related pregnancies: Cersie, Dani & Arya.

There cannot possibly be any sort of closure by the end of this season.