Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Netflix

(56 Posts)
mrsmopp Thu 02-May-19 15:20:15

Looking for something good on Netflix. Spoilt for choice! What's the best thing you've watched on Netflix? I need some recommendations please.

Floradora9 Thu 02-May-19 15:29:16

Instead of being spoilt for choice I found little I would like to watch , just my taste . I enjoyed "Sense of an Ending " on Amazon prime .

Jane43 Mon 13-May-19 19:02:09

The Staircase is the best thing I’ve watched, absolutely gripping.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 13-May-19 19:11:43

Is that on Netflix jane?

rosecarmel Mon 13-May-19 19:26:57

Mad Men

The Gilmore Girls

The West Wing

Parenthood,

Kolchak The Night Stalker

Ash vs. Evil Dead

Stranger Things

The OA

Jane10 Mon 13-May-19 19:30:05

Mad Men,
The Crown
Suits
Grace and Frankie
That's just for starters.

J52 Mon 13-May-19 19:48:25

Dead to Me was quite good. I didn’t like Wine Country much.

Willow500 Mon 13-May-19 20:18:08

Just watched Safe which was great if you like crime and mystery

The Crown
All 6 series of Line of Duty
Hinterland

A friend just recommended Wallander today

Jane10 Mon 13-May-19 21:25:59

Wallander is very good. I saw a good film yesterday about Agatha Christie's missing 12 days.
Miss Fisher's Mysteries is good too.

GillT57 Mon 13-May-19 21:33:47

Jane43. At last someone else who has seen and enjoyed The Staircase! Really enjoyed it. The Crown was excellent and looking forward to next series.

grannyqueenie Mon 13-May-19 21:38:35

Unforgotten was good, with lots of well know names I popping up. Shades of Silent Witness but more believable and lots of twists and turns. I was hooked!

Bathsheba Mon 13-May-19 23:10:05

Wallander
The Crown
Safe
The Sinner

Lots of films, too many to remember. The latest one I watched was Still Alice, which was superb, very moving. But they come and go, so you have to catch them. One that was hilarious was Death at a Funeral. Then it was no longer on Netflix, but I watched it again with DH recently on Amazon Prime, because he missed it the first time.

Flossieturner Tue 14-May-19 08:28:46

Empress in the palace
Dead to me
Russian doll (stick with it gets better )
Project Runway
Once upon a time
Velvet
Line of duty
Nothing to Hide
Carol
Howard’s End
TheNotebook
The light between the Oveans
The Empress Ki
Rebellion
Weeds
The Kominsky method
Episodes
House of cards

crystaltipps Tue 14-May-19 09:24:41

After Life
Breaking Bad
The Crown
Suits
The Good Wife
The Good Fight
Glow
Orange is the new Black
Ozark
Top of the Lake

Humbertbear Tue 14-May-19 09:29:31

Shtisel - a series about a young Orthodox Jewish man in Jerusalem searching for love and acceptance. Absolutely compulsive viewing. There’s been such a reaction to it over here that they have commissioned a third series.

Grannyknot Tue 14-May-19 09:37:28

Has anyone mentioned Dirty John?

I watched it, and then watched interviews with the real people on which it was based. Mostly, I couldn't believe that the main character could be that dim. Couldn't stop watching it though.

Isn't it Romantic? - a film with Rebel Wilson is really clever. It takes the mickey out of romantic comedies the whole romance thing in a really funny way.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 16-May-19 14:22:55

In the middle of Staircase. Excellent!

Already causing hot debate between DH and myself

Jane43 Thu 16-May-19 21:16:21

Flossieturner. I didn’t realise Project Runway was on Netflix. I used to love to watch this when it was on tv so I will be able to watch series 9 and 10 now. Thank you.

Jane43 Thu 16-May-19 21:18:55

Another Vote for Top Of The Lake. Stars the excellent Elisabeth Moss from The Handmaid’s Tale and there are two series.

Flossieturner Fri 17-May-19 19:27:18

There is another series on Lifetime on main TV. I don’t know if Project Runway Junior is still on. They were such lovely children and very talented.

NanKate Mon 03-Jun-19 20:42:46

I’m looking for something to watch on Netflix or Amazon. Just started Top of the Lake but half way through I realised it was not for me. May try Safe.

I like thrillers and police series like Line of Duty. Anything suggestions ?

I thought theStaircase was great.

Bathsheba Mon 03-Jun-19 22:33:33

If you like thrillers, you will love Safe NanKate. Also try The Sinner. Two series, both really intriguing, and a bit different.
Wallander is great too - a police/detective series. The title role is very well acted by Kenneth Branagh.
I also enjoyed The Indian Detective. Not sure if it's still on there, I watched it quite a while ago.

NanKate Tue 04-Jun-19 07:23:13

Thanks Bathsheba you have set me up for a week or so, excellent. ?

janeainsworth Tue 04-Jun-19 07:33:05

The Making of a Murderer.
True story about Steven Avery, framed for a murder in Wisconsin. Allegedly.

Liz46 Tue 04-Jun-19 07:40:18

We enjoyed The Boat that Rocked. Anyone who liked rocknroll in the sixties will probably enjoy this. Light hearted, easy watching.