Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Killing Eve

(77 Posts)
Ohmother Sat 08-Jun-19 22:05:35

Fantastic beginner episode for new series. Fast paced and funnier. Do you agree?

trisher Tue 11-Jun-19 20:50:56

Just caught the end of that Avor2. There is something about him. He was great in The Bridge as well. So pleased he is in Series 2 I did wonder.

Patsy70 Tue 11-Jun-19 21:34:02

What channel is Killing Eve on? My children are avid fans, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Avor2 Wed 12-Jun-19 21:04:17

Patsy70 it is on BBC1

trisher I think his accent helps - he has a sort of lived in face full of character, when you get to my age I prefer that to a pretty boy (although George Clooney is quite pretty)smile

Labaik Wed 12-Jun-19 21:09:57

Isn't Carolyn's house fabulous...envy

Avor2 Wed 12-Jun-19 21:23:03

Labaik yes her house is very lovely, better than Eves anyway!

Labaik Thu 13-Jun-19 19:07:56

Why does Eve's husband look so 1970's ? [or is it 80's]

gillybob Thu 13-Jun-19 19:12:48

Eve’s husband (Niko) reminds me of an electric cowboy ! I normally don’t like men with facial hair but I find both him and Konstantin strangely attractive blush

gillybob Thu 13-Jun-19 19:17:30

My favourite country band at the minute (Midland) remind me of Eve’s husband Niko, don’t you think ?

gillybob Thu 13-Jun-19 19:18:23

Oops ......Midland

Labaik Thu 13-Jun-19 19:38:44

Yes; he is strangely attractive...blush

AyjayF Sat 15-Jun-19 22:12:51

Very creepy episode tonight. Julian was scarier than Villanelle!

notanan2 Sat 15-Jun-19 22:27:50

How exaxtly is Eve still paying her mortgage? Her employment is so sporadic these days... (am I missing the point? ?)

notanan2 Sat 15-Jun-19 22:28:09

"Exactly"

Labaik Sat 15-Jun-19 23:00:27

You must suspend disbelief when watching such things. I often wonder how Daenerys has time to do those elaborate hairdo's in Game of Thrones etc but I have to put it to the back of my mind....

Callistemon Sat 15-Jun-19 23:08:00

I think Eve's husband is creepy!

Where is Julian's mum by now do you think? How far did she get in her nightie?

travelsafar Sun 16-Jun-19 06:45:24

Ha Ha, loving the comments about this program. It is the whackiest one i have seen in a while and i love it. There is something about V which draws me in and although she is awful violent at times i find myself liking her!!! smile

Anja Sun 16-Jun-19 06:56:54

Hate it!

Caledonai14 Sun 16-Jun-19 07:44:38

I can see this is not going to be popular but I think it's really awful. The level and kind of violence is way over the top. I can't get the humour and I hate the "smacked bum" look on Eve's face, which is only relieved when she adopts the "sorry-for-myself-but slightly-bemused-by-everything" look.

I know we're supposed to suspend belief for drama, but in this case belief is suspended from a gibbet and has all sorts of medieval tortures applied before the drop.

And it is not at all funny.

I was pretty sickened the first time round, but stuck with it because so many people seemed to see brilliance in it.

This time I just watched bits and it is still awful. I know I don't have to watch and I won't, but I really don't get the attraction and object to licence payers' money being spent on violent rubbish.

Calendargirl Sun 16-Jun-19 08:31:38

It must be me, but I would far rather watch Killing Eve than the dreadful Mum which so many people think is wonderful. I know it’s violent and far-fetched, but the humour is more my cup of tea than the unkind comedy in Mum.

mcem Sun 16-Jun-19 09:36:21

100% with you there Calendargirl!

Lazigirl Sun 16-Jun-19 10:05:37

I was a great fan of the previous series because it was original and whacky and for once women were playing the main and atypical roles. This series I think is trying too hard, and has become more of a not so funny comedy. They are now apparently introducing a second psychopath!

notanan2 Sun 16-Jun-19 10:44:31

You must suspend disbelief when watching such things. I often wonder how Daenerys has time to do those elaborate hairdo's in Game of Thrones etc but I have to put it to the back of my mind....

But that makes sense because Dolthraki plaits = battles won and she had Missandei to help

Agree re mum. Its snooty look down on everyone passive aggressiveness, if she dislikes her family and friends so much why does she keep inviting them round?

trisher Sun 16-Jun-19 10:52:25

I've tried with "Mum" and it does occasionally have a funny moment but I don't think it's hilarious. I really can't believe anyone would be so accommodating all the time.
As far as 'Eve' goes am I mistaken or has Carolyn suddenly had a style make-over for series 2? Don't remember her being so glam in series 1 until they went to Russia.

Lazigirl Sun 16-Jun-19 13:10:55

She's still wearing her BAFTA outfit and makeup trisher smile

AyjayF Sun 16-Jun-19 13:30:46

"moisturiser"!