Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Kirsties Homemade Christmas

(37 Posts)
overthehill Wed 11-Dec-19 08:28:34

Anyone watch this? Like to see all the different Christmas crafting ideas although some are completely bonkers.
Each episode, there is a competition between 4 people to be awarded best in the show. One time it will be cakes, decorating Christmas trees, knitting jumpers etc etc.
Each time I pick a winner and most times I am correct. This selection is not based on the best but on the worst and the other competitors must feel robbed.

Daisymae Wed 11-Dec-19 08:31:15

I enjoy watching, but it's really too late in the day to start crafting a lot of these things. Maybe it does inspire people to start a new craft.

shysal Wed 11-Dec-19 09:23:55

I love the programme, but rarely take up any of the crafts featured. I agree that the competition winners would not be my choice either.

Beechnut Wed 11-Dec-19 09:35:40

Last night my favourite to win was the field mouse on a candy cane. Sadly it didn’t.

ninathenana Wed 11-Dec-19 12:19:49

I absolutely loved the scrap metal reindeer last night.
Kirsty can be OTT at times but I enjoy seeing the creations.

Callistemon Wed 11-Dec-19 12:25:37

I watched it with a growing sense of disbelief last night!

The paper Christmas tree - I thought who has time for that? Then I thought me, perhaps, if I got off GN!

The parcels filled with home-made confetti? What was that all about?
There's enough mess to clear up on Christmas Day without adding to it.

Bonkers but fun.

Gonegirl Wed 11-Dec-19 12:28:05

The paper Christmas tree - I thought who has time for that? Then I thought me, perhaps, if I got off GN!

gringringrin

Gonegirl Wed 11-Dec-19 12:29:11

Oh! I don't want Christmas to come too fast. I don't want it to be over.

overthehill Wed 11-Dec-19 12:32:00

Not all, but some of the judges look like they've raided the dressing up box.

Ellianne Wed 11-Dec-19 12:38:50

I enjoy it; the end products, the contestants and the judges. A pleasant afternoon's viewing.

Callistemon Wed 11-Dec-19 12:42:00

Judges?
Was I watching a different programme?

shysal Wed 11-Dec-19 13:22:34

Callistemon, perhaps you only watched the 8pm programme last night. The judges were on the daily 5pm shows which are in their third week.
I agree with those who liked the metal reindeer and the field mouse, and thought the confetti ridiculous.

whywhywhy Wed 11-Dec-19 13:29:36

It's such a great programme but I always pick the wrong one to win, or maybe the right now. Last night I wanted the mouse on the candy cane to win.

Namsnanny Wed 11-Dec-19 13:39:40

Kirsty is an acquired taste I think.
I love her one min then I've had enough of her the next!

I couldn't watch any of the previous series because it felt like the program was pandering to over indulged childish adults!

I had this image of Kensington yummy mummy's getting their au pair's to 'nip out' and buy everything pre cut, glued and painted etc,. Then making them assemble said craft and showing it off to their girl friends at the next coffee morning with a 'Voila! Something I prepared earlier!'

Over thinking it a tad?smile

In the main I agree with Callistemon enjoyable but totally bonkers!! smile

Namsnanny Wed 11-Dec-19 13:40:53

Now if the confetti was exchanged for fivers I could understand it!

Namsnanny Wed 11-Dec-19 13:44:45

BTW I didn't catch how the paper snowflake Christmas tree was made, or how long it took, but the finished article did look good blush

Callistemon Wed 11-Dec-19 17:04:20

Yes, I was flicking through programmes last night shysal so it was probably halfway through the 8pm one.

Callistemon Wed 11-Dec-19 17:06:46

Namsnanny for you:

www.realitytitbit.com/whats-on/kirsties-handmade-christmas-make-the-snowflake-tree-and-resin-tray

good luck

AllotmentLil Wed 11-Dec-19 22:31:15

Totally bonkers but good fun!

Namsnanny Wed 11-Dec-19 22:41:23

Callistemon .....I know you have a great sense of humour, but I'm not sure if your pulling my leg here grin

Although it did grab my attention once I started reading the article, and I sort of thought what if....????shock

When I die the kids will find thousands of unfinished paper snowflakes in the attic, and I can imagine their reaction
'what the flippin' 'eck was she up too? Proof if ever it was needed, that she's lost it!!'

Namsnanny Wed 11-Dec-19 22:42:56

Allotmentlil … yes I agree smile

Callistemon Wed 11-Dec-19 22:43:40

I've nearly finished mine wink
The one on the programme was, I think, 9 ft tall

Namsnanny Wed 11-Dec-19 23:10:03

So there will have to be holes in the ceiling where tacks or some contraption holds it up?

Stop me now, I'm pondering how it works....that's a bad sign!!grin

QuaintIrene Wed 11-Dec-19 23:19:34

I love all this, and think oh, I must try that..never do, though.
Was it last year she tie dyed knickers? Squealing all over the place “ ooh, these would cost at least fifteen pounds in the shops “
? I don’t think so, Kirsty ?

Callistemon Wed 11-Dec-19 23:27:35

I'm not sure.
They don't show minor details like that!
Or when the ceiling starts to come down