Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The play/show that goes wrong

(33 Posts)
Franbern Tue 24-Dec-19 10:24:30

Last night was the first episode from this wonderful!! AmDram society. Over the past two years they have given me some real enjoyable 'laugh out loud' times with their Peter Pan and Christmas Tale. Now we are being treated to six short episodes of their plays.
Brilliant last night - really looking forward to seeing the rest of them next year.
Entertainment at its very best

Alishka Wed 22-Jan-20 20:23:51

I was at home today, waiting in for a delivery, so was able to catch up with all the episodes. Great compensation for the non-delivery of my goods.....now! what can I catch up on tomorrow? (the first person who says "housework" can just go take a running leapwinkgrin)

Lovetopaint037 Wed 29-Jan-20 09:59:34

We saw the Play That Went Wrong at the Duchess theatre. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen on a stage. Seen theBank Robbery one which was also funny but was different and good but not quite as funny.

POGS Wed 29-Jan-20 10:58:52

I really enjoyed the past t. v shows, especially Peter Pan but having looked forward to the new series of shows I find they are not as funny.

I have 2 left to watch and will stick with it but something is falling a tad short for me and I feel mean for saying so oddly.

I liked David Suchet as the narrator and miss that role.

Franbern Wed 29-Jan-20 14:17:31

I just so much enjoy these- such a change from most tv shows which are all about murder etc. Must say I also enjoy sitcoms like Outnumbered, Not Going Out and also enjoy Would I lie You. As can be seen I am quite a Lee Mack fan!!!
TBH, I want my television to entertain me, and even make me laugh and feel good, do not want horrible reality shows and intense dramas.

Alishka Fri 31-Jan-20 11:23:38

I 100% agree with you Franbern - and yes, I'm a Lee Mack fan toogrin

Deedaa Sat 01-Feb-20 20:33:34

I laughed out loud several times this week

Ohmother Sat 01-Feb-20 21:32:30

I loved The Play... and the Christmas and Peter Pan. I loved the first of this series but like an earlier poster I thing having a series to soon and too near to each other. I need to forget it’s going to go do wrong to enjoy the shock. I now really like rather than love the series.