Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Bancroft

(46 Posts)
Auntieflo Wed 01-Jan-20 22:23:45

Just watched this, as I thought it would be good.
It wasn't, just awful.

anna7 Wed 01-Jan-20 22:25:52

I agree. I liked the first series but I couldn't get into tonight's episode. Shame because I like Sarah Parrish.

Pittcity Wed 01-Jan-20 22:27:46

I think I gave up on the first series because I don't remember what happened. Have up on this one too...

Sara65 Thu 02-Jan-20 06:17:54

We all remembered we had enjoyed the first series, but no one could really remember what it was about.

I agree, I wasn’t gripped by last nights episode at all.

mumofmadboys Thu 02-Jan-20 06:29:15

I enjoyed it although not sure how the 2 story lines are going to come together. Sarah Parish looks older than previously ( don't we all!) . I like her as an actress.

ninathenana Thu 02-Jan-20 07:07:12

smileblush
I'm feeling pretty daft right now. We watched all the first series but I had forgotten it and did think a couple of times last night 'this is familiar'
The first series obviously made such an impact on me.

sodapop Thu 02-Jan-20 07:45:58

I don't remember the first series either. It took me a while to get into last night's episode but enjoyed it more towards the end. I loved Sarah Parrish in Cutting It.

tanith Thu 02-Jan-20 07:50:16

Haven’t watched yet but when I saw it was coming on I rewatched the first series so at least I might get it.

LullyDully Thu 02-Jan-20 08:18:50

I agree with everyone else. There was too much reference to what had gone before which I have no idea about.

tanith Thu 02-Jan-20 08:53:43

For anyone who’s that interested the first series is available on ITV hub it’s only 4 episodes.

TerriBull Thu 02-Jan-20 08:55:20

Rubbish! Too many references of what went before, which I have a vague recollecion of but it seems too much time has elapsed between then and now. I wish I'd watched Dracula on the other side, I heard that was good

Teetime Thu 02-Jan-20 09:24:42

We had just rewatched the first series in preparation for the second serties so I am looking forward to it.

Shelmiss Thu 02-Jan-20 09:31:09

We rewatched the first series as it was on ITV player this week otherwise I wouldn’t have remembered it at all.

I enjoyed the first series and I love Sarah Parish and am a little bit fascinated by watching how much work she has had done on her face with each programme she does.

But this series? When it showed her son was involved that did it for me. Too much coincidence having him directly involved again. Shame.

Auntieflo Thu 02-Jan-20 10:19:15

I don't remember watching the first series, it was just the far fetched, rubbish story line last night.
So I won't watch the other two programmes.

Also I was wondering if she has had her lips done? But seeing the post from Shelmiss, it seems as though she has

Calendargirl Thu 02-Jan-20 11:32:10

I fell asleep through most of it, also cannot remember what happened in the first series, just that she was a baddie!

FlexibleFriend Thu 02-Jan-20 12:32:21

I only watched the first series a month ago so it all made sense to me.

Flossieturner Thu 02-Jan-20 16:23:03

Can anyone summarise the 1st series as I am lost

tanith Thu 02-Jan-20 16:56:59

It’s pretty complicated to explain all the intricacies. Could you not watch on the ITV hub. Needless to say Bancroft is not a Goodie.

tanith Thu 02-Jan-20 16:57:28

I really enjoyed it.

Greeneyedgirl Thu 02-Jan-20 17:30:35

I'm new to this series, and am a bit thick, but this is a very unusual police drama.
Did Bancroft really murder the police woman, and is heavily involved in the drugs trade? In other words is she a Baddie??
It seems entertaining and certainly is different to the usual, but whacky and unbelievable.
Is it supposed to be a surreal send up?

Happygirl79 Thu 02-Jan-20 17:43:43

I found myself distracted by Sarah's face. Her lips look lumpy. I couldn't concentrate on the drama because I was fascinated by the 'work' she'd had done to her face?
She doesn't look as pretty now.. Just false. I hate it when good actresses like her do that to themselves. They lose their facial expressions
As for this series its not very good so far
The storyline is a bit far fetched in my opinion

Calendargirl Thu 02-Jan-20 17:57:44

Flossieturner

Just google ‘Bancroft Series 1’ and you will be able to see a summary of the first series, which will help you follow this series.

Calendargirl Thu 02-Jan-20 17:59:42

I also agree about actresses who have work done on their face. Sarah Parish was very pretty, now she has that shiny, frozen look that so many of them seem to end up with.

Flossieturner Fri 03-Jan-20 08:54:04

I did look it up on google and it brought it all back to me. We both said the same about the lips. Why do such attractive women do this to themselves?

Greeneyedgirl Fri 03-Jan-20 09:33:14

I hadn't seen her before but wondered why she looked odd around the mouth.
Surgical "enhancement" and cosmetic "treatments"with fillers often has this unnatural effect I think.