Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Death in Paradise

(34 Posts)
annsixty Sat 11-Jan-20 10:08:26

So very disappointed in the first of the new series.
It has always been lightweight and frothy but lovely scenery and likeable main characters.
No longer, sadly, the two women are not my cup of tea at all and the solving of the mystery a laugh.
Another series well past its best.

LullyDully Fri 17-Jan-20 08:49:10

callistimomWhen I say the second detective I meant the second on command, that is the new woman. Not even sure of her name. She has no chemistry with anyone. Sorry not to be clear.

cornergran Fri 17-Jan-20 08:59:20

I used to look forward to this series but sadly I’m not finding this one engaging. Mr C likes it. Good job we’re all different.

Juliet27 Fri 17-Jan-20 09:04:01

Ralf Little also does the narration for Monkey Life

JessK Fri 17-Jan-20 10:25:33

I used to really like this programme but Ardal O'Hanlan seems to look so uncomfortable in the role it just doesn't work any more. Such a shame as the idea is a good one. Agatha Christie in the sun.

Mapleleaf Fri 17-Jan-20 18:54:05

I quite enjoy it for what it is - lighthearted fun. It’s an easy watch. I quite like Ruby, but really miss Dwayne - he had some cracking lines.

Fiachna50 Thu 23-Jan-20 12:44:24

I cannot stand Ruby, though thankfully they seem to have calmed her down a bit. All that manic stuff really grates on me. Does anyone know if Ardal O' Hanlon is preparing to leave the series? It's just Im wondering how his romance is going to play out? I cannot see his lady friend staying on the island. Have to say Im not enjoying this series as much, I think it's reaching the end of the line. What does everyone else think?

MiniMoon Thu 23-Jan-20 13:18:00

He is leaving Fiachna50. Ralf Little is taking the part of the new detective.
Madeleine Dumas is the new sergeant, she was originally called in from France to investigate Inspector Mooney, she decided to stay on as she was impressed by his methods!
I must say that I miss previous characters. I liked Dwayne and Camille.

Fiachna50 Thu 23-Jan-20 18:26:21

Minimoon, thanks for that. I didn't know Ardal was leaving, thats a shame. Like yourself I really miss the previous cast. I do not know Ralf Little at all, so will just need to watch it and see what it is like when he joins after Ardal.