Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

What are you watching tonight?

(1001 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 18-Mar-20 16:30:11

Seeing as we're all staying in a little lot more, we'd imagine the telly is getting a fair amount of attention. If you want to chat about whatever you're watching while it's on (or the next day) please do check our Telly forum topic and join in if there's already a conversation running. If not, why not start one? There's almost certainly someone else on here who's watching alongside you and would love the opportunity to dissect the plot/suggest whodunnit/debate actor's suitability to role/just want to say they love or hate it. grin

Susie42 Tue 26-May-20 10:07:30

A House Through Time (BBC2) and The Architecture That The Railways Built (Yesterday)

ginny Tue 26-May-20 12:23:09

The A word and A house through time.

Puzzler61 Tue 26-May-20 13:14:26

The A Word.

Mancjules Tue 26-May-20 18:27:08

Watching the last 2 seasons of Nurse Jackie on box sets.

seacliff Tue 26-May-20 22:34:40

I've been watching Ben Fogle New Lives in the Wild revisited. He went back after 7 years to see a family in a very remote part of New Zealand. I'm not sure if it was another repeat, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The man was really touched that Ben had come back again.

Callistemon Tue 26-May-20 23:00:51

We watched that too, seacliff and enjoyed it.
We found it very touching.
It's interesting that the couple's son has travelled the world.

grannylyn65 Wed 27-May-20 11:14:02

Loved Nurse Jackie, didn’t like A Word

WOODMOUSE49 Wed 27-May-20 11:23:30

Wednesday is sewing bee ?. I’ll follow that up with The A Word. Started this a couple of nights ago

Just noticed when this thread was started, how many were going to watch the Dominic Cummings programme way back in March. ?

annodomini Wed 27-May-20 11:43:12

Watched the Professional Bake-off. I can't get excited about the presentation of objects that disappear in one mouthful. the woman judge, Cherish, is a real destroyer of contestants' pride in their work!

Puzzler61 Thu 28-May-20 18:13:49

The Real Marigold Hotel tonight (Thursday). ?

gulligranny Fri 29-May-20 10:24:33

We are working our way through box sets of "Hustle" - what great fun, and such stylish production. All the cast are marvellous and it's an absolute joy to watch.

starbird Sat 30-May-20 17:16:46

I will watch X Factor because it’s nice to have some light relief and a hopefully a laugh, then watch some of the things I’ve recorded, such as Most Scenic Railways - last week’s in Mexico was stunning!
I never watch anything live as I fall asleep!

BlueBelle Sun 31-May-20 07:37:45

Last night (I think) of Normal people I don’t want it to end
The beggining of the week is so much better for me than the end Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday and then a huge dirth

Maggiemaybe Sun 31-May-20 08:06:18

Isn’t Normal People on tomorrow, BlueBelle? I’ll miss it as well, it’s been so good. Killing Eve tonight for me. I’m not as keen as I used to be, but will stick it out till the end.

MayBee70 Sun 31-May-20 13:11:22

I’m afraid I binge watched Normal People and watched the whole series. Are people who can’t resist doing that the same ones that have to eat a box of chocolates in one go unlike people who keep them in a cupboard and have one or two a day (asking for a friend .....)

Maggiemaybe Sun 31-May-20 13:56:58

Oh no. ? A box of chocolates wouldn’t ever see the day out here, but I don’t usually binge watch. The most I’ve ever done is watch a couple of episodes back to back. I was very tempted with Normal People though.

Tabbycat Sun 31-May-20 16:35:37

Killing Eve tonight, and possibly Brief Encounter which is on BBC i-player.

What can I say, I have eclectic tastes!

MayBee70 Sun 31-May-20 17:56:50

That’s putting it mildly !

granfromafar Sun 31-May-20 22:07:26

Two sisters, one body. Very moving documentary about 18 year old conjoined twins in USA. They don't just have to contend with being conjoined, but they are part of a Mexican immigrant family who can only stay in the US because of their medical conditions and health problems. A must watch.

paddyanne Sun 31-May-20 23:06:12

The last episode of White Lines on Netflix,it has been really good,great cast and a storyline that has kept me interested ,worth a watch

tanith Mon 01-Jun-20 07:06:07

Struggling to find something to watch last night I found on BBC iPlayer films ‘The Guernsey Literary and PotatoPeel Pie Society’ a lovely gentle film I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sparklefizz Mon 01-Jun-20 12:33:45

granfromafar I meant to watch "Two sisters, one Body" last night and forgot. Having read your post, I'll check it out on catch-up. Thank you.

lemsip Mon 01-Jun-20 16:49:27

I shall be watching Long Lost Family: Born Without Trace
9pm - 10pm on itv. It's about foundlings, abandoned at birth!
have the tissues at my side!

Luckylegs Mon 01-Jun-20 16:59:38

I recorded Two Sisters, One Body and started to watch it last night. My husband took one look and said “Good God! That will cheer you up”!! and stomped off to bed!

paddyanne Mon 01-Jun-20 22:19:42

hope you had a full box lemsip its heartbreaking

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion