Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Millionaire - Did they cheat??

(31 Posts)
mrsmopp Thu 16-Apr-20 17:28:55

It must be nearly 20 years since the Major won a million pounds on the famous game show. Just watched the program about it over the last 3 evenings. They were found guilty of cheating and lost the lot. He could have gone to prison n but ended up with a suspended sentence. The programme was well done .

Callistemon Fri 17-Apr-20 22:10:26

Nor fastest brain.

I always remember the answers in the middle of the night!!

lemongrove Fri 17-Apr-20 23:33:57

Not sure how true any of the evidence in court was ( to the real thing) as no jury could have found them guilty otherwise.
As a drama based loosely on a real case it was interesting and entertaining though.
If they were guilty then they lost so much in every way by the cheating, but if not, then even more so.They were certainly obsessed as a family by quizzing and gaining money.

BlueBelle Fri 17-Apr-20 23:39:38

Yes I m pretty sure they cheated just my opinion mind as good as anyone else’s I guess

FindingNemo15 Sat 18-Apr-20 16:48:52

As someone said he has since been done for fraud and on the radio yesterday they said he has been made bankrupt four times!!

Grammaretto Sat 18-Apr-20 17:53:33

I would suggest he, the major, is a flawed character but what a name Tecwen Whittock has! It's not a name to hide behind but apparently, now in his 70s he does live out of the limelight.