Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Princess Anne at 70

(84 Posts)
Cherrytree59 Wed 29-Jul-20 19:10:06

Looking forward to watching this documentary about the Princess Royal as her 70th birthday approaches.
ITV 9pm this evening.

There is a clip in the daily newspapers (online) about how Anne helped her Mum the Queen to take part in a zoom conference.

Zoom wasn't my radar until covid19 lockdown.

Callistemon Fri 31-Jul-20 16:13:18

They should have put her in charge of home schooling.
Enforced nature walks and wildflower identification!

I remember one of my nieces and I going for a country walk many years ago, she would have been about 7, and she knew the names of all the wildflowers in the hedgerows and different grasses too. She taught me a lot.

NotTooOld Fri 31-Jul-20 16:34:30

As others have said, PA seems to be a lovely person with a lovely family. I'm glad I watched the programme now. I admire her for sticking to the same hairstyle all these years. I don't know anyone else who has done that. I wonder if she would secretly prefer to have it all cut off now. She might look rather nice with a pixie cut.

varian Fri 31-Jul-20 18:53:32

The hairstyle is quite unique to Princess Anne, but the the Queen has a unique hairstyle and has Camilla. They all seemed to find a hairstyle which suited them at an early age and stuck to it.

Calendargirl Fri 31-Jul-20 19:01:10

And she does her own hair often, by the sound of it.

Happygirl79 Sun 02-Aug-20 09:52:36

Princess Anne is a credit to her mother and father and a very hard working royal
Unlike her brother PA who at the moment is a crushing embarrassed to them all

Anniebach Sun 02-Aug-20 10:05:39

Yes a hard working royal As are her other two brothers ,

Parsley3 Sun 02-Aug-20 11:28:41

I thought that this no nonsense, straightforward, honest documentary reflected Anne’s working life very well. I have always liked her and now that I know that she told her children to expect to earn their own living I like her even more.

Lovetopaint037 Sat 05-Sep-20 10:05:11

Captain Mark Phillips did NOT abandon his wife. He was doing everything he could to stop her from being pulled out of the car. He came out of it as behaving like any normal loving husband. He was a military man after all and trained for emergencies.