Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Bake Off is back ?

(56 Posts)
MawB2 Wed 23-Sep-20 07:24:47

“Strictly” leaves me cold but you know it’s Autumn when Bake Off is back.
Despite my misgivings I really like the new line-up. As for the contestants, they will no doubt grow on me. But I wonder what planet my subconscious was on when I read Monday’s TV investigation title as
“Panorama - the baking habits of the rich and powerful“ - now that would be worth watching! gringrin

Lucca Thu 24-Sep-20 08:39:17

Giggled stupidly at the busts. So glad to hear other posters saying they couldn’t stand Mel and Sue! Also bored with Mary Berry so like Prue. I usually end up just watching bits of the programme.
I am a useless baker!
I also can’t sew but love the Sewing Bee.

March15 Thu 24-Sep-20 09:35:15

I love a carrot cake Helgawills!! Please could you share your version?? Love Bake Off, a welcome distraction after all my crime programme binges!!

gulligranny Thu 24-Sep-20 10:57:28

So glad Bake Off is back, it's a thoroughly relaxing and enjoyable hour-and-a-bit of tv. Unlike last year's kindergarten contestants, this year's lot seem to have a bit more oomph about them, so looking forward to getting to know them a bit more. So far Pete, Hermine and Sura are impressing.

I love Prue Leith, respect Paul Hollywood for his baking abilities and thought Matt Lucas was very sweet and loveable and fitted in well, but I cannot stand Noel Fielding, can't see the point of him at all.

biba70 Thu 24-Sep-20 12:00:48

Didn't watch- but just seen a clip of Matt's intro that caused 1000s of complaints. Brilliant smile

Oopsadaisy4 Thu 24-Sep-20 12:52:10

Matt Lucas seems ok, but I don’t know why there are 3 men on there, and why is Noel Fielding still there? I can’t see that he brings anything to the table.

Although I heard that the 2 presenters are with the cooks all day to keep them going and cheer them up when things go wrong, so maybe they are good at that.
If they are all quarantined though how are they practising the bakes? When they go home they practise all of the time, for the following week.