Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Bridgerton on Netflix

(58 Posts)
Sparklefizz Sat 26-Dec-20 07:24:01

Anyone watching this Regency drama? It was released yesterday and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Fabulous buildings, sets and clothes. Good storyline.

TerriBull Fri 01-Jan-21 11:25:19

We finished watching it yesterday, it was ok, passed the time, although I did think the actor who played The Duke of Hastings was one of the most handsome actors I've seen in a while. Just to clarify I'm thinking more about his face than his bottom, although that looked good too! Look and weep Kim Kardashian smile

Esspee Fri 01-Jan-21 12:49:34

TerriBull What about his abs?

Pittcity Fri 01-Jan-21 13:55:02

am I the only one who found the sex scenes overlong and laborious?

I think we saw rather too much, but it was all over rather quickly to be realistic, if you see what I mean!!

TerriBull Fri 01-Jan-21 14:46:07

Esspee his abs are fabs grin just listen to us all objectifying this poor man, it's really quite shocking blush

Lucca Fri 01-Jan-21 15:26:18

There was marvellously wrong dialogue “good luck with that one”. “I’m all danced out”
I thought the sex scenes were gratuitous and I’m no prude.
May I mention something else....has anyone noticed a tendency for female masturbation being featured in so many dramas ?
I can’t believe I watched it all (insomnia) because frankly it was pants. (Well no pants a lot of the time)

Lucca Fri 01-Jan-21 16:20:03

Talking of gorgeous leading men i zapped channels and caught bit of sound of music, oh my word Christopher Plummer in his uniform.........?❤️?

glammagran Sat 02-Jan-21 21:04:42

I was dead set against NOT watching Bridgerton but husband said imagine it’s an alternate universe and that worked for me. It is sparky and a great piece of escapism.