Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Great Pottery Throwdown

(35 Posts)
GrandmasueUK Mon 11-Jan-21 00:33:15

This started tonight and it was a lovely gentle hour of creativity. I’m looking forward to seeing more coffee it and getting to know the contestants. Keith Brymer Jones is ready to be emotional again.

BlueBelle Mon 11-Jan-21 15:18:47

Oh * felice* you don’t know me I take lots of interest in the contents of peoples posts but rarely remember who posted what but anyway there’s lots of new posters so we don’t all know or in my case ‘take note’ of who is where ?but now I understand
** Note to self pay more attention in future

felice Mon 11-Jan-21 15:32:11

No worries Bluebelle, at the moment we are all wondering if the BBC will pull the plug on the EU for TV, our cable channels pay highly for it here but about four years ago stopped buying 3 and 4.
The BBC had tripled the cost for each channel, I would miss it for things like Mock the Week etc and also quiz shows, I always look forward to Monday nights.
The Flemish and Dutch channels show a lot of English speaking dramas Midsomer etc so not short of those but DGS would be distraught without Strictlyhmm.
One Flemish channel shows only USA stuff and my guilty pleasures are NCIS and all that stuff.

Luckygirl Mon 11-Jan-21 15:38:06

I thought this was on BBC last time - I must be dreaming.

I thought the lady who came out on top was astonishing - very talented.

felice Mon 11-Jan-21 15:54:56

That's why I asked Luckygirl as I saw last years competition repeated over the Christmas period.
Bit of a sneaky move !!!

BlueBelle Mon 11-Jan-21 16:48:55

Can you get it on an iPad or am I barking up the wrong tree felice

LauraNorder Mon 11-Jan-21 19:17:48

Hi Felice
When we lived in France we used a sky box with a viewing card originally purchased in the U.K. we had a satellite dish and a very clever tv engineer who set it up for us. We got all the freebies channels.
Not sure if it was strictly legal but all our U.K. and several French friends had the same.
Might be worth quietly asking around your U.K. friends to see what they do.

LauraNorder Mon 11-Jan-21 19:18:57

Freeview not freebie, predictive text.

sodapop Mon 11-Jan-21 20:08:44

Same here LauraNorder but like Felice I wonder what will happen in future.

WOODMOUSE49 Fri 15-Jan-21 18:55:35

trisher

Keith's cried his way through the other series so I think he will continue to do it. And why shouldn't he? A lovely creative emotional man.
Love this programme and it was great to see Siobhan McSweeny as the presenter. She's wonderful as Sister Michael in Derry Girls.

I'm with you trisher about Keith.
Derry Girls were brilliant on the Christmas Bake off episode. Siobhan is excellent.

I watch this programme with my daughter. We do a big catch up about it the next day (Facetime) as she's 300 miles away.