Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Unforgotten.

(245 Posts)
Calendargirl Tue 23-Feb-21 07:40:29

Good to see the new series of this. Looks promising.

Nicola Walker looking as miserable as ever, but I don’t suppose she had a lot to look happy about really.

Several back stories going on behind the obvious suspects.

Forsythia Tue 28-Feb-23 14:53:05

I couldn’t understand what she was saying. The plot line was good. The acting was very good.

Calendargirl Tue 28-Feb-23 19:45:23

I didn’t care for the new boss, but think the plot looks promising.

Sparklefizz Wed 01-Mar-23 09:36:20

I shall have to put sub titles on as I couldn't understand what the new boss was saying some of the time.

J52 Wed 01-Mar-23 10:14:58

I have very good hearing, but the new detective Sinead Keenan mumbles so much it spoilt the whole programme.
Obviously, as a main character her script is important to the plot.
Such a shame.

Calendargirl Wed 01-Mar-23 10:35:07

She ( the new lead) was in another drama a while ago, playing a physiotherapist or chiropractor who seemed to be a prostitute also to earn extra money, being blackmailed I think.

Can’t recall the title, but I didn’t enjoy it, think murder and adultery was involved.

Boz Wed 01-Mar-23 11:30:20

Another unhappy cop. Bit tired of them, I must say. and she does mumble. Dislikeable, as well.

Shirleyw Wed 01-Mar-23 18:55:42

Cant say she is a likeable character, not at the moment anyway, but i am enjoying watching it all the same.

She was in deep water calendargirl*,

Calendargirl Thu 02-Mar-23 07:07:00

Thanks Shirley.

BlueBelle Thu 02-Mar-23 07:39:18

So far not liking the lead person guess it’s very hard to follow Nicola walker ll keep on but not exactly excited so far

Sparklefizz Thu 02-Mar-23 09:03:19

I have been binge watching this series and now that I've got the sub titles on, I'm enjoying it. My hearing is fine but the new female lead definitely does mumble and I couldn't even lipread what she was saying. Yes, she comes across as unlikeable but I think it adds to the storyline.

What I love about Unforgotten in previous series is the way in which Chris Lang, the writer, gradually draws in all the separate threads/characters until the whole is revealed. I am on episode 4 and can see this happening now.

Eloethan Thu 02-Mar-23 10:18:04

I think probably the new officer replacing Nicola Walker is meant to be unlikeable to viewers but that she will be slowly redeemed.

TerriBull Thu 02-Mar-23 17:08:00

Missing Nicola of course, but still think this story has the potential to be as good as some of the previous ones. I'm giving the new actress a chance, obviously her character is rather brittle and frosty, also she has been hit with a devastating development in her life, but that is no reason to think that she won't be a good addition in spite of having big boots to fill.

Parsley3 Sat 04-Mar-23 08:02:30

I have just binge watched this. I was moved to tears by some of the story lines. The problems of the main characters are secondary compared to the lives that the victim's family led. A brilliant script and excellent acting.

TerriBull Sat 04-Mar-23 09:25:35

It's a wonderful series, having re watched all the previous four, now halfway through season 5. I love all the different threads and sub plots and how cleverly they cantilever together at the end, clever writing. This and Happy Valley imo, are of a very high standard which many others don't even get close to.

Sparklefizz Sun 05-Mar-23 08:33:04

I've binge watched this new series and it's excellent - easily as good as past series, and I'm sorry that I've finished it and have run out of decent dramas to watch.

LadyGracie Sun 05-Mar-23 09:48:22

We binge watched it too and thoroughly enjoyed it. We’re now watching The Bay on ITVx which is also very good.

Sparklefizz Sun 05-Mar-23 11:09:54

LadyGracie Thanks for reminding me about The Bay.

Pittcity Sun 05-Mar-23 11:12:59

Just finished the latest series and had to listen with headphones as some of the dialogue wasn't clear. I really enjoyed it although I guessed some of the twists.
Lots of familiar actors to spot.
I don't think I'll be using ITVX much in future though as it is very stop/start on my TV. Probably stick to recording and fast forward through the ads.

Clawdy Tue 28-Mar-23 19:42:14

Enjoying it, but wow, last night's was complicated! So much to take in.