Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Unforgotten.

(245 Posts)
Calendargirl Tue 23-Feb-21 07:40:29

Good to see the new series of this. Looks promising.

Nicola Walker looking as miserable as ever, but I don’t suppose she had a lot to look happy about really.

Several back stories going on behind the obvious suspects.

kircubbin2000 Tue 30-Mar-21 17:14:00

Atqui

I think I shall have to watch the last episode again., as I still don’t get the blackmail set up. Sorry to be so slow!!!

I didn't get that either.

janeainsworth Tue 30-Mar-21 18:35:23

I think Ram was blackmailing Dean because he knew Dean had killed Matthew Walsh.
And Dean was facilitating Ram’s little cocaine sideline.
Disclaimer: I could be completely wrong of course!

Sara1954 Tue 30-Mar-21 19:03:19

Atqui
I watched the penultimate episode three times, and every time I fell asleep. I would like to watch the whole series again, because there are bits I didn’t quite get, but I couldn’t bear to watch that ending again.

Welshwife Tue 30-Mar-21 19:47:25

I sometimes find that to fully understand a plot line you need to have seen the whole thing and then fuller understanding comes with a second viewing.

I had to watch the film - The Sting- twice to understand all the little bit of why they did things etc.

Atqui Tue 30-Mar-21 21:41:00

I think you are right Jane

mokryna Tue 30-Mar-21 21:44:49

Thank you Jane it’s clear in my mind now.

nadateturbe Tue 30-Mar-21 21:57:25

Sara1954 grin

We usually watch on catchup so that we can pause if we don't understand something or forget a name! I think plots are getting very complicated or we are getting slower.

GrannyRose15 Tue 30-Mar-21 21:58:31

Golly. It's Spooks all over again. How depressing! sadsadsad

GrannyRose15 Tue 30-Mar-21 22:03:44

I must admit the blackmail aspect still flummoxed me. I couldn't quite understnad who was blackmailing who.

NotAGran55 Wed 31-Mar-21 06:09:21

I absolutely loved this series but hope that the programme dies with Cassie . It wouldn’t be the same without her in it .
RIP Unforgotten.

Delila Fri 02-Apr-21 00:57:48

Perhaps she’ll come back as a ghost detective as she did in River (a much better drama I thought).

Calendargirl Fri 02-Apr-21 07:31:48

I thought River was awful.

Blinko Fri 02-Apr-21 18:02:51

Who's River?

Calendargirl Fri 02-Apr-21 18:24:00

Blinko

Who's River?

‘River’ was a different detective series, but it had Nicola Walker in it, and she died in that also. Her partner was Swedish or similar, an older man. She kept re-appearing to him in a sort of ghost form, if I remember correctly, but I found it completely un-riveting I’m afraid. Glad there was no follow up.

Juno56 Fri 02-Apr-21 19:30:57

I have just finished watching Unforgotten (series 4) and I am in bits at the death of Cassie?. Wonderful performances from the whole cast but particularly the two leads. There were many confusing bits, some I worked out for myself and some from this thread thank you. I was wondering if anyone could help me with another explanation. The story the four 'suspects' told was that after the arrest of Fogerty Liz drove the car back to his house dropping the other three off first and then walking home. Was it said, or are we meant to infer, that the body remained in the boot until Fogerty was released and then he cut the hands and head off the body and refrigerated them with no further reference to the others?

Urmstongran Fri 02-Apr-21 20:01:41

As an aside ... Our eldest daughter rang this afternoon and mentioned how poignant she found the words inscribed on Cassie’s headstone.

Cassie's gravestone epitaph – “She longest lives, who most to others gives, herself forgetting” – may be generic but it fits her like a comfy slipper. She took every case to heart, and, as damaging as it was to her personally, that empathy was her biggest strength as a detective it seems.

We both thought those words were just perfect for any unselfish and ‘giving’ person.

Atqui Fri 02-Apr-21 21:58:18

Yes , a lovely epitaph ,but unfortunately her life was cut short

Blinko Fri 09-Apr-21 16:53:04

Calendargirl

Blinko

Who's River?

‘River’ was a different detective series, but it had Nicola Walker in it, and she died in that also. Her partner was Swedish or similar, an older man. She kept re-appearing to him in a sort of ghost form, if I remember correctly, but I found it completely un-riveting I’m afraid. Glad there was no follow up.

Thanks, CalendarGirl.

Calendargirl Mon 27-Feb-23 07:49:19

I’m resurrecting this thread as a new series starts tonight with a replacement for Cassie.

I posted at the close of the last series that I thought it should end there, on a (sad) high.

I shall watch the new series with interest, and hope I am proved wrong.

TerriBull Mon 27-Feb-23 08:30:06

I love, love this programme, it's right up there with Happy Valley for me. I shall miss Nicola Walker I loved the pairing of her and Sanjeev Bhaskar, happy he's still going to be in at least. I look forward to this new one, having re-watched all of them fairly recently.

BlueBelle Mon 27-Feb-23 08:35:45

Oh I can’t see it feeling right without Nicola Walker
But will give it a go

merlotgran Mon 27-Feb-23 09:00:53

I’m looking forward to it having caught up with the old ones on ITV3 a few weeks ago.

Sparklefizz Mon 27-Feb-23 09:14:55

I'll give it a try. As long as it has the same script writers, it should be good.

Forsythia Mon 27-Feb-23 09:38:01

I don’t think it will be as good or the same, but time will tell. The Bay was never as good once the lead female actor went.

Clawdy Tue 28-Feb-23 14:49:12

The replacement for Nicola just didn't work for me. She's a hard act to follow.