Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Keeping Faith BBC1 9 pm tonight

(82 Posts)
Puzzler61 Sat 27-Mar-21 17:05:15

“Keeping Faith” drama about a family is back tonight for a further 6 episodes. (This is series 3)
I’m excited about it - are there any other fans amongst GN?

ninathenana Sat 17-Apr-21 22:11:24

Can someone remind me who Gael Reardon was please

Puzzler61 Sat 17-Apr-21 22:40:57

Gael Reardon was the widow of the head of an Irish criminal gang. Faith’s husband Evan had got involved with her before he went to prison - falsifying contracts, money laundering, drug deals etc.
We haven’t seen her in this series as she fled back to Ireland in the last one.

BlueBelle Sat 17-Apr-21 22:48:00

Now she’s dead
I love Faith and Steve he’s such a rough diamond but he s kind and cares

Chapeau Sat 17-Apr-21 23:17:12

Love the soundtrack. Amy Wadge has a great voice.

BlueBelle Sun 25-Apr-21 06:40:30

Really enjoying this
Oh Steve where are you I do hope he’s ok I ve got a feeling there’s not going to be a happy ending here I m having to hold myself back from not watching it online as I don’t want to wait a week but I don’t want it to finish either so I ll have to
Rose is playing a blinder such a saccharine baddy

Puzzler61 Sun 25-Apr-21 08:44:37

I was on the edge of my seat while Susan was looking in the woods for Steve.
We heard his voice on the phone to Faith at the end didn’t we? Has he been kidnapped?
I’m resisting finding the the follow up episode to last night’s and will wait until next Saturday - tempting though it is to know we don’t have to wait Bluebelle ... ?

Puzzler61 Sun 25-Apr-21 08:46:09

When Steve and Faith both said “I Love You” I had a sinking feeling that something bad was to follow.

eazybee Sun 25-Apr-21 10:36:38

I'm sorry for those three children; it seems as though Faith will rush to anyone's aid other than her own children, particularly the girls who are both in distress.
And why doesn't she put all her papers in that lovely leather satchel type bag she carries round all the time?

Aveline Sun 25-Apr-21 10:43:05

I did enjoy this series. (I had to binge watch). Great characters, story and location. The acting was VG too. I hope that production company is commissioned for more programmes.

Puzzler61 Sat 01-May-21 20:22:58

Well, Saturday again and not long to wait for the finale.
I have no idea what’s going to happen as I resisted watching it online.
I’m getting a Plymouth Gin & tonic ready at my side ....

Pittcity Sat 01-May-21 21:58:57

That was an unlikely ending!!

Puzzler61 Sat 01-May-21 22:04:33

It was, but the romantic in me was glad that Faith is having Steve’s baby.
I thought Celia Imrie as Faith’s mum was a believably mother and grandmother. Took the family saga to another level.

tanith Sat 01-May-21 22:40:40

I’m so glad that Oisin survived and enjoyed the series.

Puzzler61 Sun 02-May-21 08:55:56

Yes, that was a joyful surprise - I thought he was too ill to respond to treatment once he fell unconscious, did you tanith ?

sodapop Sun 02-May-21 09:28:13

I thought it ended well too. I enjoyed the series more and more as I got into it, sometimes Faith was over the top though. I don't think they are making any more are they ?

Aveline Sun 02-May-21 09:30:39

I became quite fond of Faith. Daft woman but very believable.

Greyduster Sun 02-May-21 09:34:30

What a brilliant and versatile actress Celia Imrie is! It’s been a joy to see her in this.

Greeneyedgirl Sun 02-May-21 09:41:54

I really enjoyed this series, Faith’s flamboyant persona, and glam style, with superb Celia Imrie as the archetypal baddie. The kids were great, and an unbelievable, but curiously satisfying ending. Sweet that rugged Steve left a little memento smile. Lastly I just loved the accompanying soundtrack.

Lollin Sun 02-May-21 10:00:58

Totally agree greeneyedgirl
I normally like to wait for each episode being broadcast, but after the third one I couldn’t resist and enjoyed watching it all in one go! Then as I had enjoyed it so much I watched it again as it was broadcast! The acting, the music, the scenery, the filming, the storylines, all 10 stars from me.

ElaineI Sun 02-May-21 11:05:44

I have grown to enjoy it. I agree about her not being bothered about her own children's distress especially the middle girl. I would expect it to get worse now! Perhaps if there is another series they will focus more on that.

merlotgran Sun 02-May-21 11:12:15

Who is going to take care of Steve’s daughter?

TerriBull Sun 02-May-21 11:27:25

There are some strange shots of Faith, I like her though quirky and off the wall, my husband really likes her I think its the gap in her teeth that appeals grin

I believe in real life, Eve Myles is married to Evan and are having another baby to add to their two children. Hope that all goes well for them and we see them both again in something else. Ditto Steve, I remember him playing the love interest in Ruth Jones' "Stella" a very good Welsh series. Steve (sorry don't know his real name) popped up in "The Crown" mentoring a young Prince Charles on all things Welsh prior to him becoming the Prince of Wales and I think he was also in Chernobyl so I'm sure we'll see him again.

Apropos of discovering "Keeping Faith" we are off to Laugharne in the summer whenever that arrives! hopefully it will, l have previously been lucky with the weather in Wales.

Puzzler61 Sun 02-May-21 11:33:47

I hope you have the good weather to enjoy the forthcoming Welsh holiday TerriBull. It is a beautiful country.
I too watched Ruth Jones’ “Stella”. I enjoy hearing the accent of the Welsh people even when speaking English.
My dad was part Welsh so I think the affinity I feel may stem from there.

TerriBull Sun 02-May-21 12:03:05

Thank you so much Puzzler. I also like the Welsh accent.

Meant to add, as many others have already mentioned, what a great soundtrack by Amy Wadge, such a talent, wonder where she's been, hadn't heard of her before Keeping Faith.

ninathenana Sun 02-May-21 12:19:29

Puzzler is it Steve's ?
Don't forget the one night stand with the black copper ??