Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Corrie

(130 Posts)
sodapop Fri 20-Aug-21 12:40:56

Did anyone else see the scene between Brian & Abi on Weds night. It was so well done, brought a tear to my eye.

Charleygirl5 Thu 26-Aug-21 19:29:29

I cannot stand Dev and I agree, Jack was walking normally in the last episode. I hope Tyrone returns to Fizz soon before that little madam Alina bankrupts him. She will keep the ring when they do part company.
I do hope that scheming conniving bitch is not given the house by the Baileys.

Aveline Thu 26-Aug-21 19:34:14

I wish that house was in Hull and all the Baileys were moving into it.
I love Dev. He has a particular style of speech that's a bit daft but endearing.

Curlywhirly Thu 26-Aug-21 19:49:23

Calendargirl

Fiz and Alina might have whiney voices, but it’s Carla’s non-dulcet tones that set my teeth on edge.

Agree with all of the above and must add Kirk to the list - he delivers all his lines in monotone; he makes the Bailey clan look like really good actors!

Aveline Thu 26-Aug-21 20:08:13

Awwww Kirk's lovely!

BlueBelle Thu 26-Aug-21 20:22:22

I think Jacks really whimpy he looks about 14 and acts about 7 and no sign of a limp
I too thought Craigy was the only policeman in wetherfield
When are we ever going to find out ‘what’s his face’ killed Kelly’s Dad

DiscoDancer1975 Sat 28-Aug-21 10:22:09

I think Jack looks like a very old, young man, if you get me. The Bailey’s....the worst actors in the Street?. Kirk....what is the point of him? He never has a storyline. He just pops up. My SIL says he’s on £150,00 a year. Not bad for a complete waste of space! Don’t get me started on Daisy, Alina and Fizz.

Why do I watch it? Old habits die hard, and they represent real people...somewhere. I love Steve, Tracy, Tim, Sally, Abbey, Nina is so good too. Gary, Maria, Jenny, most of them really. I will give it another 45 years!!

JaneJudge Sat 28-Aug-21 11:00:40

Gloria's Mother is bonkers isn't she? grin

Kandinsky Sat 28-Aug-21 11:09:52

Daisy has grown on me. I think she’s actually quite funny and definitely livens things up.
I can’t stand Fizz. That voice for one thing. Ughh.

Ilovecheese Sat 28-Aug-21 11:33:53

I like Dev and Kirk.

Maggymay Sat 28-Aug-21 11:58:11

Jack Webster is almost 11 but the actor that plays him is actually 14.

Aveline Mon 30-Aug-21 21:33:17

Harrowing viewing tonight!!

Sarnia Tue 31-Aug-21 08:18:38

Last night's episodes were riveting. Excellent acting from the main characters showing what happened to Seb and Nina. We all knew Corey was responsible. Let's hope the jury do too. One question. Should Imran and his ex-wife be discussing this case as much as they do, given they are on opposite sides?

BlueBelle Tue 31-Aug-21 08:21:36

I don’t think Imran should be discussing any cases with his wife or anyone else and I m not sure how he could possible represent Kelly as they were fostering her weren’t they ? Surely that would be a no no
Otherwise well done Abi and Nini Abi really is a good actress (tears snot and all)

love0c Tue 31-Aug-21 08:48:52

Sodapop Yes, brilliantly done. In real life though I find it horrendous that a victim has to give their account of how it has affected them. If you do not do a 'good enough job' then it is you to blame if the sentence given is low??!!

Aveline Tue 31-Aug-21 09:41:02

She's an actual witness. It's gone beyond a victim impact statement.
I expect the writers will drag it out as usual. At first Corey will get off then some dramatic fact will come to light and he'll eventually get what he deserves.
I bet that actor can hardly go out these days though!

Grannynannywanny Tue 31-Aug-21 10:11:00

I bet that actor can hardly go out these days though!

I was thinking the same last night Aveline. Excellent acting as a violent, menacing thug.

His appearance is reminiscent of the bovver boys in the 60s and 70s.

JaneJudge Tue 31-Aug-21 10:12:21

Blubelle, I imagine in real life he wouldn't be able to represent her as it would be a conflict of interests but atm there are only two wig wearers in corrie, Imran and his ex wife grin

It was brilliantly done, I thought so too.

Sarnia Tue 31-Aug-21 11:41:36

Grannynannywanny

^I bet that actor can hardly go out these days though!^

I was thinking the same last night Aveline. Excellent acting as a violent, menacing thug.

His appearance is reminiscent of the bovver boys in the 60s and 70s.

Thanks for your post. I was trying to remember what he reminded me of. I read somewhere that the actor who plays Tyrone got an almighty ear bashing in the supermarket from a lady letting him know where his duties lay. grin

Aveline Tue 31-Aug-21 11:58:38

Sarnia quite right too! I'd have to struggle not to say anything to 'Tyrone'. Must be so difficult for these actors who are such regular visitors to people's homes via the TV.

sodapop Tue 31-Aug-21 12:25:57

Excellent episodes again last night. Abi is really giving this part her all I think.
Nina's flash backs were handled well. This has been a really good story line unlike the dreadful Bailey story.

love0c Tue 31-Aug-21 15:34:26

Aveline, I was referring to Abbie, his mum.

Aveline Tue 31-Aug-21 17:40:45

Oh yes. Poor Abbie. I bet that between them Abbie and Brian will have produced an excellent one.

Calendargirl Tue 31-Aug-21 18:02:47

Some of the young actors really show the ‘oldies’ how to act. I’m thinking of Steve McDonald who used to be good years ago, but now has a range of about two gestures and facial expressions.

Corey, Kelly, Nina, all very believable.

Aveline Tue 31-Aug-21 18:16:42

But Steve McDonald is so funny. He was VG when his little boy was so ill.
I suppose a lot depends on the writers: the situations they put the characters in and the dialogue they give them.

Calendargirl Sat 04-Sep-21 15:30:37

This week’s Corrie has been pretty good. The court scenes have been very tense, some good acting all round from Nina, Kelly, Corey, Imran and his ex wife and of course Abi.