Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Corrie

(130 Posts)
sodapop Fri 20-Aug-21 12:40:56

Did anyone else see the scene between Brian & Abi on Weds night. It was so well done, brought a tear to my eye.

theworriedwell Sat 04-Sep-21 15:53:39

JaneJudge

Blubelle, I imagine in real life he wouldn't be able to represent her as it would be a conflict of interests but atm there are only two wig wearers in corrie, Imran and his ex wife grin

It was brilliantly done, I thought so too.

I'm not sure it would be a conflict of interests, surely as her foster parent and as her solicitor he is there to support her. What would the conflict be? Maybe it is different in legal situations.

theworriedwell Sat 04-Sep-21 15:54:59

Calendargirl

Some of the young actors really show the ‘oldies’ how to act. I’m thinking of Steve McDonald who used to be good years ago, but now has a range of about two gestures and facial expressions.

Corey, Kelly, Nina, all very believable.

Oh yes that silly voice Steve does. I find it really irritating.

dogsmother Sun 05-Sep-21 09:56:30

Apart from the obvious storyline I am loving the undertaker!
He is just what the street needs, a new character who fits right in with old Corrie ethos/pathos.

Aveline Sun 05-Sep-21 10:31:32

I agree. He's an ideal new cast member.

vegansrock Sun 05-Sep-21 10:32:48

I remember Roy Hudd used to be the undertaker.

Aveline Sun 05-Sep-21 10:48:52

I think this is supposed to be Archie Shuttleworth's son. He's good juxtaposed with horrible Todd.

Calendargirl Sun 05-Sep-21 14:04:01

Did anyone else notice the photo of Roy Hudd (Archie Shuttleworth) on the shelf behind George and Todd?

What a nice human touch. Like the picture of Betty Turpin as was on the wall of the Rovers.

A lovely gesture to much loved cast members no longer here.

vegansrock Sun 05-Sep-21 14:10:51

Yes and there’s a photo of Deidre at Tracey’s.

Sarnia Sun 05-Sep-21 16:53:11

There used to be a black and white photo of Albert Tatlock on the sideboard at Ken's house. Nice touch.

Lilypops Tue 14-Sep-21 08:03:55

I loved the Norris special programme last night, showing Corrie when it was fun , all the oldies Mavis, Derek ,Rita, then , on the next Corrie. It was Dev , acting (if you call it that). Drunk as he and the gay vicar attempted to entertain Dev, s son and his girl friend with a meal and wine, The acting from Dev was just awful I thought, No wonder the son and his girlfriend sneaked out when they got Dev and the vicar to “ close their eyes and count to 100”. Excruciatingly bad acting ,

Kandinsky Tue 14-Sep-21 08:23:07

Agree Lilypops - the wonderful Norris tribute really highlighted how much better the characters & acting was back then.

As for Dev…………speechless.

sodapop Tue 14-Sep-21 12:36:09

I agree Lilypops Dev was excruciating to watch. His so called acting skills are minimal.

Grannynannywanny Tue 14-Sep-21 12:44:49

Completely agree about the silly scene involving Dev and Billy. It made me cringe. Daft idea in the first place and the acting from both men was excruciatingly bad.

Kate1949 Tue 14-Sep-21 13:07:42

No sure how people in hospital are allowed visitors in Corrie? My brother has been in hospital for 3 weeks and visitors are not allowed due to Covid. Probably because it's not real (that's courtesy of my husband).

Calendargirl Tue 14-Sep-21 14:21:24

The Norris tribute was lovely. Barbara Knox in particular looked very upset at the end. Must be hard for the older actors to see other oldies either retire or die.

love0c Wed 15-Sep-21 13:17:57

I watched the 'Norris' tribute last night. quite frightening at just how long ago some of the clips were! shock Brilliant one liner in Monday's episode from 'Nan' to Tyrone, 'You can't expect to have your tart and eat it'! grin

sodapop Wed 15-Sep-21 17:38:34

Maureen Lipman is great isn't she love0c taken over from Blanche who had some brilliant one liners as well.

BlueBelle Wed 15-Sep-21 18:44:15

I thought Dev was dreadful but I thought Billy was equal as bad and it was all totally cringeworthy
Such a shame as others were acting so brilliantly Kelly, Abi Maureen Lipman not forgetting Roy who is a darling

vegansrock Thu 16-Sep-21 05:58:24

Alina has taken the Corrie taxi - what will Tyrone do now?

glammanana Thu 16-Sep-21 08:02:02

There have been some characters using that taxi over the years,I was surprised how much "Ken Barlow" has aged since I last watched the programme I know he is 80+ but he looked very unwell to me.

Sarnia Thu 16-Sep-21 10:44:30

Tyrone gets himself in some right pickles. Alina, pregnant again, has gone back to Romania and Fizz has no feelings for him and seems smitten with her new man, Phil. Mary got on my nerves last night.

sodapop Thu 16-Sep-21 12:08:19

She did a bit Sarnia but I had to smile at her clutching her bottle of milk outside the hospital

Daisend1 Thu 16-Sep-21 12:11:48

Without question, Fiz.

vegansrock Thu 16-Sep-21 14:41:32

For those who might not know - there’s an hour long extra Corrie on at 8.00pm tonight !

BlueBelle Thu 16-Sep-21 14:58:12

glammananna I agree about Ken he hasn’t been in it for some months and he looked very old and drawn last night
I m afraid Mary didn’t do it for me last night she was very irritating
Has Norris died in real life or did they just want to ‘finish him off ‘ he hasn’t been in it for some time