Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Vigil on bbc1

(209 Posts)
travelsafar Mon 30-Aug-21 08:36:38

I started watching this half heartedly last night as it has the same small pool of current popular actors and actresses in it, and one of them i am not really keen on. But to my surprise it drew me in. The setting of being underwater in a submarine is different and i am looking forward to the next episode this evening.

Lizzie72 Mon 27-Sep-21 13:00:57

Yes, the lesbian relationship came after the car crash

theworriedwell Mon 27-Sep-21 13:22:08

Thought it was a letdown. Loved Martin Clunes in Manhunt, that was very well done I thought.

Petera Mon 27-Sep-21 13:37:38

Lizzie72

Yes, the lesbian relationship came after the car crash

Thanks Lizzie, apart from my own lack of concentration, I think I was also confused by the fact that, between the car crash and the bend of the series, Poppy didn't appear to age enough for there be an intervening relationship.

Esspee Tue 28-Sep-21 00:03:17

Well we have watched it over two evenings and I enjoyed it once I mentally managed to block out the comments from ex submarine coxswain OH.
I found the scene inside the torpedo tube harrowing, some scenes really ludicrous with hammy acting but all in all entertaining. I couldn’t possibly repeat OH’s opinion.

Eloethan Fri 01-Oct-21 13:48:06

I enjoyed it at the beginning but was confused and bored with it by the end - it just sort of fizzled out.

Calendargirl Sun 10-Dec-23 21:00:10

Anyone going to watch this next series?

BlueBelle Sun 10-Dec-23 22:55:02

Yep just watch it tonight
Tough to understand all the military jargon and happenings but I didn’t fall asleep so I must have been interested I do like Suran Jones as a actress so I ll definitely be sticking with it
So a thumbs up so far 👍🏼

Calendargirl Wed 20-Dec-23 06:57:39

Will have another go and see if this reaches the ‘Active’!

What did you think BlueBelle?

I had my suspicions about Eliza…….