Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Coronation street

(1001 Posts)
Allsorts Wed 22-Sep-21 20:55:26

Freda and the implants for Aled. Now she has kidnapped the little chap to stop the operation. She comes over as the most impossibly selfish woman and I have no sympathy for her. One storyline that has disappointed.

Namsnanny Wed 20-Oct-21 20:59:45

Harvey ends up exactly where the gun is? Their 'avin a larf

Bridie22 Wed 20-Oct-21 21:00:59

Its certainly been tongue in cheek episodes!

Namsnanny Wed 20-Oct-21 21:01:17

Calendargirl

Thank goodness Roy’s coat was obviously made of sturdy, Made In Britain fabric, not cheap, imported, shoddy stuff. Anything else would have ripped under the strain of hauling two people from a watery grave.

And as for Roy! Well, look no further for the next James Bond! Super strong, eloquent and masterful under pressure.

What a guy!

That scene stretch my credulity the most I think.

Ah well there is yet more to come.

Kim19 Wed 20-Oct-21 21:02:01

Well....... tolerated it to the bitter end. Such a load of unrealistic bunkum I've yet to see. Sure, I know it's fiction but.... c'mon.

sodapop Wed 20-Oct-21 21:15:51

Have to agree Kim Corrie has gone down in my estimation.

NotTooOld Wed 20-Oct-21 21:17:19

What are they thinking of? What a load of (mostly) badly acted rubbish. I can't believe the actors who play Cory and Abi managed to film their scenes without bursting into laughter. Surely all the houses would have fallen down by now with all those sink holes opening up everywhere. I had to laugh when Harvey fell through the floor, though, I could see it coming. And where was Craigy whilst all this was going on?

Kandinsky Wed 20-Oct-21 21:17:35

I could barely understand a word Abi was saying.

Kate1949 Wed 20-Oct-21 21:24:38

I love Corrie but I thought tonight's was actually comical.

Elizabeth27 Wed 20-Oct-21 21:31:10

Absolutely ridiculous, was more like a spoof disaster movie.

Maggiemaybe Wed 20-Oct-21 21:49:47

Oh dear, oh dear, what a load of baloney. I told DH someone’d be written out tonight and he kept asking me every 10 minutes who was dead (while otherwise engaged with his crossword). I can’t believe the answer’s still nobody, yet… They obviously make ‘em tough in Weatherfield.

Namsnanny Wed 20-Oct-21 21:50:55

Did I hear Harvey tell Leanne he was 'going to give her one'?grin

If I miss heard I'm sorry to have lowered the tone. But I burst out laughing, and I don't know how Jane Danson managed not to.

NotTooOld Wed 20-Oct-21 21:55:58

Yes, he did say that, Namsnanny. I could hardly believe it myself. Mostly though I couldn't tell what many of them said, especially Abi and the goth girl.

Aveline Wed 20-Oct-21 22:01:40

Oh thank goodness. I thought it was just me who could hardly make out what people were saying.
Roy was good though as ever. Excellent suggestion for the next James Bond.

vegansrock Wed 20-Oct-21 22:06:43

It was hilarious. Haven’t laughed so much in ages….

Calendargirl Wed 20-Oct-21 22:07:15

I should think most of the actors were chortling behind the scenes at the daft lines they were having to deliver.

Doodledog Wed 20-Oct-21 22:08:37

It was comical, wasn’t it?

Who was the tall ghost wandering round at the end?

Kate1949 Wed 20-Oct-21 22:12:29

I couldn't hear what half of them were saying either and couldn't see half of it as it was so dark. When Harvey plunged down that hole, I actually burst out laughing. Leanne shuffling through the streets was very funny.

Kandinsky Wed 20-Oct-21 22:14:18

I wonder how many complaints they get for Harvey saying to Leanne ‘I could give you one’? shock

luluaugust Wed 20-Oct-21 22:16:10

I kept thinking Abi must have a really sore throat from all that shouting. Very funny, I hope they got extra pay for getting so wet.

BlueBelle Wed 20-Oct-21 22:19:57

It was hilariously stupid wasn’t it
I didn’t have any problem hearing them speaking (shouting) though
Leanne shuffling along made me laugh out loud
It really was a pantomime I was waiting fir someone to shout ‘he’s over there’
Roy was good though

Namsnanny Wed 20-Oct-21 22:53:58

Oh and in the pantomime vein, did anyone think that Harvey looked a bit like Frankenstein's monster (I think they intended it to look that way) when he climbed out of the prison van?
He was silhouetted against the black sky with lightening flashing behind his head, as he pulled himself up by his arms.

As a fantasy spoof sort of scene it was quite effective. I still laughed though.

Calendargirl Thu 21-Oct-21 06:38:09

Namsnanny

Oh and in the pantomime vein, did anyone think that Harvey looked a bit like Frankenstein's monster (I think they intended it to look that way) when he climbed out of the prison van?
He was silhouetted against the black sky with lightening flashing behind his head, as he pulled himself up by his arms.

As a fantasy spoof sort of scene it was quite effective. I still laughed though.

Either that, or Scarlet O’ Hara in the cotton fields shouting “As God is my witness, I’ll never be hungry again!”

Calendargirl Thu 21-Oct-21 06:39:07

I think Harvey’s getaway plane will have gone without him by now.

Sarnia Thu 21-Oct-21 07:37:57

I have mostly enjoyed Coronation Street for years but this week's offering has bordered on the laughable. I am sure the scriptwriters thought we would be on the edge of our seats with the drama of it all but I have fast forwarded through some scenes. As for who dies, my list is getting longer. Too many threads all coming together and reducing Corrie to overkill.

sodapop Thu 21-Oct-21 09:00:01

Love your suggestion Aveline Roy Cropper for the next James Bond, he is great isn't he smile

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion