Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Angela Black.

(113 Posts)
Calendargirl Sun 10-Oct-21 21:50:50

Just watching this.

Another psychological thriller.

Joanne Froggatt playing another abused wife.

Where does she work? I thought she was a veterinary assistant, then I wondered if it was a prison, or a dog rescue centre. Still not sure.

6 episodes, no idea where it’s going.

ninathenana Sun 10-Oct-21 22:18:10

Can't work out whether the guy in the park is a goody or a baddie

BigBertha1 Sun 10-Oct-21 22:22:42

Only watched first half. I wasn't keen but have recorded the rest. I expect at least one murder and Me Frogatt crying a lot.

tanith Sun 10-Oct-21 22:40:31

Wasn’t she in something very similar before?

Chestnut Sun 10-Oct-21 23:07:02

She was in 'Liar' where she and others were the victims of a rapist. Of course she was fully justified in being a tortured soul but she does rather overdo the angst and I think she will again, it's her trademark.

JenniferEccles Sun 10-Oct-21 23:12:08

Enough in this first episode to make me want to at least watch the next one.
I read in the tv guide that there are lots of twists and turns to come so hopefully it won’t turn out to be too predictable.

Two very contrasting new series on Sunday nights!

Eloethan Sun 10-Oct-21 23:46:35

I thought it was good, but very nerve racking.

I couldn't understand whether she was doing voluntary or paid work. The house she was living in looked very expensive so it all seemed a bit odd.

Ohmother Mon 11-Oct-21 05:16:44

Apparently she researched DV but they’re already talking about murder in the first episode. Is it going too quick?

FannyCornforth Mon 11-Oct-21 05:27:13

I refuse to watch anything that is about abused or murdered women. I have done for ages, even old stuff like Frost.
I used to enjoy psychological thrillers, watching and reading, but I can’t be doing with anything upsetting now

BlueBelle Mon 11-Oct-21 05:43:09

Your choice FC but it happens and needs to be seen that it happens The worst thing is hiding it under the carpet it’s important that dramas cover it as it’s a major problem for some women (and some men)

I like Joanne F I think she’s a good actress and usually in good dramas
I m enjoying it so far

FannyCornforth Mon 11-Oct-21 05:48:31

Quite so, BlueBelle
I can’t disagree with that

Calendargirl Mon 11-Oct-21 06:50:53

Another one where they live in a posh house, but apparently don’t have a dishwasher, as she was busily washing up after their dinner party.

Kandinsky Mon 11-Oct-21 07:35:22

These dramas are pretty much all the same.
Beautiful million pound home ( even though they appear to have average jobs? ) slim, attractive main cast, one of them is always having an affair.
But I suppose the formula works.
I enjoyed last night ( apart from the abuse scene which you didn’t actually see thank god ) I wonder how many women pretend ‘they walked into a door’ sad happens every day.
I can’t work out if the private detective is a goody or a baddy, but I’ll keep watching to find out.

Gingster Mon 11-Oct-21 07:40:46

I enjoyed it but found it quite tense. The PI seems very odd. I’m looking forward to the next episode.

BlueBelle Mon 11-Oct-21 07:47:57

Kandinsky most if not all women pretend they walked into a door the first few times in my case I was quite inventive I d been moving a heavy chest of drawers that banged into my rib cage
I guess we are meant to be unsure of the private eye if he is genuine he ll probably end up getting killed

Kandinsky Mon 11-Oct-21 08:04:15

BlueBelle
Very sorry to hear that. I hope your life is much happier & calmer now.

BlueBelle Mon 11-Oct-21 08:11:12

Haha don’t worry kadindsky life is a rollercoaster, as they say
Who knows what’s happy and what’s not until it’s all over

Jaxjacky Mon 11-Oct-21 08:17:16

Stayed with it, even though early on it was a bit ‘same as’, agree, is the PD good or bad. No apparent family for either of them?

sodapop Mon 11-Oct-21 08:33:11

Sorry to hear you suffered in this way BlueBelle hope life is kinder to you now.

Does seem to be a trade mark for Joanne Froggett playing this sort of role. Like Gingster I found the PI quite strange I will continue to watch to see how it all unfolds

BlueBelle Mon 11-Oct-21 08:50:13

I guess if you play a certain role well you will get cast in it and I do think she’s good at dark terrified characters

MissAdventure Mon 11-Oct-21 08:56:12

I wish I'd watched it now.

Bridie22 Mon 11-Oct-21 09:03:00

looks intriguing, looking forward to episode 2.

TerriBull Mon 11-Oct-21 09:54:27

I think I need to watch it again on Catch up, I drifted off and can't help thinking I missed something crucial. My husband wouldn't watch it on the basis that he doesn't like seeing women getting bashed, so no good asking him what happened.

henetha Mon 11-Oct-21 10:37:49

I can't understand why she kept taking that dog off his dog lead and removing his muzzle. Did I miss something?
I quite like it though and will keep watching.

DiscoGran Mon 11-Oct-21 11:13:38

Another drama with a female victim of violence. I can't see the attraction.