Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Dancing on Ice starts on Sunday

(114 Posts)
Sparklefizz Sat 15-Jan-22 11:12:06

Hooray! I like this as a 2nd best to Strictly. Don't like Holly & Phil but have to tolerate them to enjoy the skating.

Grandmadinosaur Sun 27-Mar-22 19:47:54

I thought that too Tilly I like Regan but bring a Strictly fan I like Brendan too even if he does have dance experience.

vickymeldrew Sun 27-Mar-22 19:55:46

Unfortunately I cannot warm to this programme. The meaningless ‘10s’, and the canned music, together with the recorded clapping and cheering pretending to be an actual audience. The only people there are friends of the performers.
Strictly it is not ……

TillyTrotter Sun 27-Mar-22 20:01:06

Regan is a professional dancer too Grandmadinosaur.

Grandmadinosaur Sun 27-Mar-22 20:02:11

Oops yes of course he is Tilly ?‍♂️

TillyTrotter Sun 27-Mar-22 21:00:00

Delighted to see Regan and Karina win,
but there could only have been a whisker between him and Brendan (who would also have been a worthy winner).
? ? ?

Charleygirl5 Sun 27-Mar-22 21:35:07

I also was happy to see Regan win but being a Strictly fan I really wanted Brendan to win.

I thought Bez had improved a lot since he last wobbled on to the show.

There were a few non skaters at the start of the show but most had had previous dance experience which does help.

JaneJudge Sun 27-Mar-22 21:41:02

I thought it was a very close call! smile they were all so good

Grandmadinosaur Sun 27-Mar-22 21:47:57

Yes it was a close call and I was happy for either of the final 2 to have won. Congratulations to Regan.

Sweetpeasue Sun 27-Mar-22 21:58:00

I agree, it was very close. I loved Kimberley's Tango but thought of the final 2 Brendan's Bolero was stunning. Regan a worthy winner though.

gillgran Sun 27-Mar-22 22:07:52

I've just watched on +1, I'm also a Strictly fan, so was a Brendan fan.
It was so close, the standard very high this year.

Great to see Jane & Chris performing again, will they ever stop?!!

I really enjoyed the whole series.

LilyoftheValley Sun 27-Mar-22 22:45:02

I really wanted Kimberly to do well. Brendan's Bolero easily surpassed Regan's. He was robbed!!

Sparklefizz Mon 28-Mar-22 08:08:35

What superb skating! In reality there could have been 3 winners, but when it came to skating the Bolero, I agree Lily that Brendan's surpassed Regan's and I voted for him.

Kimberly's tango was so exciting to watch.

Overall it was a great show.

Charleygirl5 Mon 28-Mar-22 08:47:58

I am aware it was choreographed by Jayne and Chris but Kimberley spent more time being carried in the air than actually skating.

I think 10s were being handed out willy nilly too early in the programme so towards the end they became almost meaningless for superb skating.

I had a problem telling the professional from the celebrity they were so good.