Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Dancing on Ice starts on Sunday

(113 Posts)
Sparklefizz Sat 15-Jan-22 11:12:06

Hooray! I like this as a 2nd best to Strictly. Don't like Holly & Phil but have to tolerate them to enjoy the skating.

Kim19 Sat 15-Jan-22 12:41:46

Yes, I'll give it a look in too. Agree on the H/P distraction but always fascinated by the inappropriate outfit H wears. Only know a few of the celebrities so far (none of the professionals) and interested to see the the full line up.

Kate1949 Sat 15-Jan-22 12:43:44

Oh good. More Willoughby and Schofield.

MissAdventure Sat 15-Jan-22 13:01:54

I'll be watching, mostly to see how Bez shapes up. smile

Sparklefizz Sat 15-Jan-22 13:19:56

Brendan Cole has obviously got tremendous dance experience from being a dancer on Strictly for years, but also I see Rachel Stevens is one of the contestants and she was a beautiful celeb dancer on Strictly.

I've never heard of Bez. Sorry.

MissAdventure Sat 15-Jan-22 13:35:44

youtu.be/KzJ2nRzg9z0

He needs to brush up his dancing skills, I'd say.
He was famous for it back in the day.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 15-Jan-22 13:47:49

Sparklefizz

Brendan Cole has obviously got tremendous dance experience from being a dancer on Strictly for years, but also I see Rachel Stevens is one of the contestants and she was a beautiful celeb dancer on Strictly.

I've never heard of Bez. Sorry.

One of the Pussycat Dolls Kimberly Wyatt is also a contestant, she is a trained dancer. I think she could be a strong contender.

Josieann Sat 15-Jan-22 13:52:02

GrannyGravy13 I thought Kimberley Walsh was in Girls Aloud with Cheryl Cole. Pussycat dolls is Nicole S and co.

Josieann Sat 15-Jan-22 13:54:08

My mistake. I read your post wrong GG13. Apologies.

TillyTrotter Sat 15-Jan-22 13:55:52

GrannyG has the name right - Kimberley Wyatt - American - Pussycat Dolls - is in DOI 2022.
Kimberley Walsh is British and was in Girls Aloud but is not in DOI 2022 Josieann.

TillyTrotter Sat 15-Jan-22 14:07:27

I’ll watch after recording it and whizz through the adverts. That is the bugbear for me when it’s ITV.

dragonfly46 Sun 16-Jan-22 10:31:37

I hate it, can't watch it - it is like watching trapeze to me and keep waiting for them to fall and injure themselves. Give me Strictly any day!

Lincslass Sun 16-Jan-22 14:16:18

Oh no. Definitely not for me. Netflix calls.

Ladyleftfieldlover Sun 16-Jan-22 14:24:55

Never watched it. Probably never will. But for those who haven’t heard of Bez, he was a member of the Happy Mondays, a Manchester Band discovered by Tony Wilson. Bez danced at the front and played maracas.

Charleygirl5 Sun 16-Jan-22 14:27:15

I am looking forward to watching it but I doubt if I will "know" more than Brendan Cole and Sally from Corrie.

EllanVannin Sun 16-Jan-22 14:58:01

I only know that Sally and Bez are performing, don't know any others in the line-up.

Sweetpeasue Sun 16-Jan-22 16:43:15

This will be a welcome distraction for me. I will definitely be watching. Sounds like at least 3 celebs with dancing experience. I absolutely love professional ice dancing but it's so much more difficult for most of the celebs to achieve anything that can resemble a high standard, compared to Strictly. It will be interesting to see what Brendan Cole can achieve.

gillgran Sun 16-Jan-22 19:59:31

Another one of my favourite programmes.
I'm a great fan of Jane Torville & Christopher Dean, ( also like Ashley Banjo, & Oti M.,).

As on Strictly, the pro skaters work really hard. ( I've just watched & enjoyed.)

Ohhh, Bez!! Shame for the girl in the skate off.

Sparklefizz Sun 16-Jan-22 20:04:48

Great dancing from the pro skaters, especially the opening one.

Ria does NOT deserve to be in the skate-off. I thought she was great.

I didn't get the judges' votes for Kye. To me he didn't seem that good, but then I know nothing. sad

I thought it was a very enjoyable show. Do you think Holly puts on a cardi in the breaks? She must be frozen.

Bobbysgirl19 Sun 16-Jan-22 20:05:37

Just watched it and shocked that she has landed in the
skate off!

EllanVannin Sun 16-Jan-22 20:13:05

I enjoyed it and didn't Brendon do well ? As did the others really but I can't understand the skate-off so early in the series.

Sweetpeasue Sun 16-Jan-22 20:23:41

I'll be honest, I was disappointed.
However I did think Brendan did extremely well for a first dance and seemed very confident on the ice.
It must be much harder for a male beginner as they have the job of lifting the female skater around.
I look forward to seeing the next lot
Think I'll be recording it though as it stretches out far too long with the ads. .

lavendermine Sun 16-Jan-22 21:12:11

Good show. Brendan was excellent.
Ria should not be in the skate off!

Hellogirl1 Sun 16-Jan-22 22:04:09

That voting result was ridiculous!

vickymeldrew Sun 16-Jan-22 22:29:25

Can’t warm to this programme at all I’m afraid. No live music, just tracks. Constant cheering and clapping which is obviously dubbed in afterwards. No audience either - the only people in the seats are friends of contestants and other skaters.
All fake.