Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Coronation Street- continued.

(1001 Posts)
Calendargirl Wed 09-Nov-22 10:28:52

Yes, we all know it’s rubbish, but Corrie is an institution.

We need to have an active thread at all times.

📺📺📺📺📺📺📺📺

Aveline Fri 11-Nov-22 09:04:41

Might happen. He might see the good in Alya and the restaurant staff.

Doodledog Fri 11-Nov-22 11:10:59

My guess is that the group will plan some sort of racist attack on Speed Daal and after initially being involved, Max will realise the error of his ways and save the day somehow.

Beechnut Fri 11-Nov-22 11:27:51

Me too Lucca.
I think Amy’s boyfriend is going to take over from Billy being concerned for Summer every two seconds and Amy will get jealous.

sodapop Fri 11-Nov-22 12:34:59

Doodledog

My guess is that the group will plan some sort of racist attack on Speed Daal and after initially being involved, Max will realise the error of his ways and save the day somehow.

Good storyline Doodledog I think Max will realise his new friends are beyond the pale too.
I think Hope is going to sign copies of the book and charge people for the signed copies.

NotTooOld Fri 11-Nov-22 16:15:09

Ooh, yes. Good idea re Speed Daal, Doodledog. Max will become a hero when the racist gang attack and he saves Alya et al from a fire bomb. That's because she was nice to him in the rose garden, or whatever it is. I was thinking Max was going to discover Stu chopping up Leo to put in a curry but your idea is better.

Sodapop - brilliant idea for Hope to sell autographed copies of the book. That would make a really good twist to the story. Perhaps the Christmas episodes will see Hope selling her books in Speed Daal as the racists strike and she will be saved by the refugee boy.

Namsnanny Fri 11-Nov-22 20:37:32

I am hating the racist story line. What with all the other problems I'll probably be giving CS a swerve for a while

Calendargirl Fri 11-Nov-22 20:48:55

Aren’t Hope and Sam funny?

😆

Aveline Fri 11-Nov-22 20:58:07

It's such a painful topic. However, it's brave of them to address it.

Aveline Fri 11-Nov-22 20:58:39

Not Hope and Sam! I meant the racism story.

Calendargirl Fri 11-Nov-22 21:00:06

And when will dopey Summer and Aaron realise they are being played by Esther and Mike?

Namsnanny Fri 11-Nov-22 21:14:22

I like Sam and Hope.
It must be hard for Isabelle (forgotten her surname) to play such a challenging part. I think she is still only 10y old. Any body know for sure?

sodapop Fri 11-Nov-22 21:52:13

Not my idea NotTooOld it was in one of the spoilers.

Yes definitely Calendargirl not quite sure what the plan is with Esther & Mike.

Calendargirl Sat 12-Nov-22 07:33:53

I’m no expert on adoptions and surrogacy, but if ‘Mike’ gets his name on the birth certificate, does he have more rights over the baby (e.g. Imran and Alfie)?

Still, the subject of the birth certificate is about 6 months away.

For someone who was ‘Oxford’ material not many months ago, Summer seems very dense and naive.

Probably the result of having 3 ‘dads’ butting in on her life all the time.

Aveline Sat 12-Nov-22 08:48:11

It's an irritating storyline and we've been here before. Remember Fay? Actually, Fay and her early menopause seem to have disappeared. Luckily!
Will we ever hear the end of the Leo storyline?

Calendargirl Sat 12-Nov-22 12:33:12

Did we know Faye was pregnant much before the birth, when she and a very young Craigy seemed to deliver the baby on their own, unless my memory fails me?

I think dopey Aaron and an equally dopey Summer will end up having the baby and keeping it, bringing yet another child into the Street.

Along with all the others.

At least they will have plenty of choice of grandads to child mind, unlike the quads, who must be bringing themselves up as I swear Gemma, Chesney and Bernie often seem to be together at the same time in the Rovers.

sodapop Sat 12-Nov-22 12:56:40

There is a suggestion that Mike or Esther have a criminal conviction in their past. This would mean they are unable to adopt. Mike's name on the birth certificate would allow him to have the child as its father.

Lyndylou Sat 12-Nov-22 14:10:41

Yes Calendargirl Summer does seem naive, but also reckless. She has already been in trouble for cheating in an exam, she is lying through her teeth to her adoptive father, she seems determined not to follow anyones advice even it comes to her health and now she is seriously thinking about about lying on the birth certificate which, I think, is actually illegal. At this rate even Carla will think twice about employing her, she is a liability.

Aveline Sat 12-Nov-22 14:59:16

Also she is annoyingly wet!

JaneJudge Sat 12-Nov-22 15:03:09

I don't understand why Summer just doesn't tell Billy? Don't religious organisations provide rehab facilities for alcoholics? I know the Salvation Army do but other Churches do too

NotTooOld Tue 15-Nov-22 17:59:27

What is Spider up to? I thought he was an undercover cop but it seems he was the one who did the paint job on Speed Daal?

Aveline Tue 15-Nov-22 18:43:19

He's becoming more and more uncomfortable about having to be involved. The group are now suspicious of him.

Allsorts Thu 17-Nov-22 05:15:33

I think I will give it a shall, break as the storylines now are fetched even got me. Summer really is
lacking in everyday skills never mind Oxford material, Spiders undercover work with this gang and slimy Max is just silly. Glad the doppelgänger is sorted as that was unbelievable too. If ever there was a disfunctional family it's them , those babies all asleep in one small room upstairs sleeping, while parents and gran working. That's time management.

Beechnut Thu 17-Nov-22 08:03:28

Now Nick and Leanne need some money I wondered if Audrey would offer to lend them by taking out equity on her house only to find Stephen has got there first.

Franbern Thu 17-Nov-22 08:45:09

I am also finding myself increasingly reluctant to watch Corrie. In such depressing times in reality, it would be good if teh writers would use this soap (as has been done in the past), to have some funny, enjoyable stories. I record it but find myself increasngly fast forwarding much of it.

If Spider has not got enough evidence, by now, for this fascist group to be indicted for racial hatred, he is really dreadful at his job. With regard to the quads, did notice the other day someone asked who was looking after them, and was told that their Aunt had accompanied them to a BSL session. There is a very lacksadaisickul attitude to children on Coronation Street being left Home Alone so much of the time!!!!!! Have not heard how Abi is getting on with her baby now.

Curlywhirly Thu 17-Nov-22 09:36:09

Corrie is now so dire that I have had to resort to recording it then putting the subtitles on and watching it on fast forward (I can speed read!). I completely fast fast forward the Summer/Aaron parts as they are so boring. I can now manage to watch the whole 1 hour episode in 30 minutes!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion