Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here 2023

(324 Posts)
Primrose53 Tue 14-Nov-23 21:58:55

Confession ….. I have never watched more than a few minutes of this prog but this time around I plan to because Fred Sirieix, Grace Dent and Nigel Farage are in it which should be interesting.

LadyGracie Sun 19-Nov-23 23:18:13

I hope Nigel Farage does well.

maddyone Sun 19-Nov-23 23:33:46

Nella is going to be fun to watch (is that her name? I think that’s it.)

Chestnut Mon 20-Nov-23 00:40:04

With all that dreadful screaming Nella is driving me nuts so I really hope she gets voted out first.

Grace Dent is another who annoys me intensely, so I hope she goes too.

Nigel has taken a leadership role already and will do well I think, just as Matt Hancock did. Both being voted to do all the trials but handling them well.

lemsip Mon 20-Nov-23 07:33:28

I think that those that say they won't watch because nigel farage is in it........ will watch regardless!

GrannyGravy13 Mon 20-Nov-23 07:35:32

A good first episode 👍🏻

sodapop Mon 20-Nov-23 08:52:19

Already I'm tired of having this silly programme thrust at me from all sections of the media. Why are people so obsessed with 'celebrity' culture.

Visgir1 Mon 20-Nov-23 08:59:11

Good episode shows who's going to thrive and those who will dissolve.
NF will ace everything, like Hancock.

Shinamae Mon 20-Nov-23 08:59:24

I haven’t watched it for a few years but because of this year‘s lineup. I will watch it and I will even vote. Having never voted at all before I’ve going to be voting for Farage. 😎

Smileless2012 Mon 20-Nov-23 09:07:28

I can't believe I forgot to watch last night shock. Forgot all about it and watched a documentary about the assassination of JFK. Will watch it on ITV2 later.

maddyone Mon 20-Nov-23 10:16:58

Yes, you’ll need to watch Smileless so you’ll know who all the celebrities are grin
I’d never heard of any of them and only knew Nigel Farage.

Callistemon21 Mon 20-Nov-23 10:29:50

Galaxy

I watch it every year but in the last few years it has reached the stage where it needs to be put out to pasture. As I watched it last year when it starred a man who kidnapped a vulnerable gay man, I think I will cope with watching it this year. But that may say more about me than the programme.

It's not the kind of thing you tell your friends is it 😂😂😂
"I watch IACGMOOH"
"Really???" 😲

Smileless2012 Mon 20-Nov-23 10:31:05

Thanks maddy, I only know NF toohmm.

Chestnut Mon 20-Nov-23 11:10:32

I know NF and also Grace Dent but don't like her at all. I don't watch UK soaps or any of the programmes the others are in so don't know them. One was from a '90s band called JLS. Anyway, the first episode introduces them all.

Please vote Nella Rose out or I will be unable to cope with all her screaming.

Josie has got off to a good start so she's my chosen winner. Go Josie! 👸🥇

Louella12 Mon 20-Nov-23 11:14:44

Last night I was calling for Nella's eviction ASAP. Really no need for all that screaming.

I don't actually care who watches this. If those who think they are above such drivel, so be it. But I'm not sure who they think they are impressing.

Lexisgranny Mon 20-Nov-23 11:35:56

I don’t watch it. In fact Neither DH nor I watch anything with Ant and Dec in it. They may be perfectly charming people, but we don’t enjoy the type of programmes that they present. I assure you Louella12 that neither of us are trying to impress anyone. I certainly wouldn’t criticise those who do watch it - each to his own.

Callistemon21 Mon 20-Nov-23 11:40:08

Louella12

Last night I was calling for Nella's eviction ASAP. Really no need for all that screaming.

I don't actually care who watches this. If those who think they are above such drivel, so be it. But I'm not sure who they think they are impressing.

Is she the shrieky, noisy one?

Yes, let's hope she goes soon.

Pooter Mon 20-Nov-23 11:41:27

Apparently last night's opening episode pulled in 7 million viewers, 2 million fewer than last year's opening night.

Hopefully NF's presence will continue to be toxic to the viewing figures.

Callistemon21 Mon 20-Nov-23 11:48:46

sodapop

Already I'm tired of having this silly programme thrust at me from all sections of the media. Why are people so obsessed with 'celebrity' culture.

But you're on a thread about it 🤔
You and everyone else who hate it and intend to avoid it at all costs could give this thread a miss too.
There's one about Farage - you could all complain on there about it.
That could be fun 🙂

I'm not criticising, honestly, I'm just curious why anyone would go on a thread about something they really dislike and want to avoid? It sounds like self-torture!

Bridie22 Mon 20-Nov-23 11:52:57

Enjoyed first episode, please vote Nella out she is very OTT and annoying!

Chestnut Mon 20-Nov-23 11:58:14

Pooter

Apparently last night's opening episode pulled in 7 million viewers, 2 million fewer than last year's opening night.

Hopefully NF's presence will continue to be toxic to the viewing figures.

I don't see NF being 'toxic to the viewing figures' because he will draw them in just as Matt Hancock did. People voted him for every horrible task going but he did so well it was very impressive! So far it looks like Farage will step up and rise to the challenge too. We'll have to wait and see. People usually vote for those they don't like, which is why NF and Nella Rose were chosen for the first trial.

sodapop Mon 20-Nov-23 12:24:46

My point was more about the way this programme is marketed so comprehensively on all media outlets. I do get tired of seeing it everywhere, it's hard to avoid.

Callistemon21 Mon 20-Nov-23 13:17:02

sodapop

My point was more about the way this programme is marketed so comprehensively on all media outlets. I do get tired of seeing it everywhere, it's hard to avoid.

Oh, I've only seen it advertised on ITV and a couple of threads on here.
Not anywhere else.

HousePlantQueen Mon 20-Nov-23 13:51:49

Chestnut

With all that dreadful screaming Nella is driving me nuts so I really hope she gets voted out first.

Grace Dent is another who annoys me intensely, so I hope she goes too.

Nigel has taken a leadership role already and will do well I think, just as Matt Hancock did. Both being voted to do all the trials but handling them well.

Are you my missing twin? grin. I cannot abide Grace Dent, something about her tone of voice, and when she used to come on R4 I had to turn it off. As for Nella......what a screecher, I hope she gets kicked out very soon. Farage, as I expected, is using this as a rehabilitation exercise to present himself as Mr Reasonable to the more stupid guillible members of the audience.

shysal Mon 20-Nov-23 16:20:45

I heard today that NF is getting £1.5million!!

Aveline Mon 20-Nov-23 16:31:13

People will keep voting Nella in just because she's so noisy and pathetic at trials.