Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here 2023

(698 Posts)
Primrose53 Tue 14-Nov-23 21:58:55

Confession ….. I have never watched more than a few minutes of this prog but this time around I plan to because Fred Sirieix, Grace Dent and Nigel Farage are in it which should be interesting.

Allsorts Mon 11-Dec-23 07:51:35

Didn’t like all the put downs of Nigel, wouldn’t like it if anyone was on the receiving end, it’s very unkind. Ant and Dec were always getting their digs in, they should look at themselves before judging others. About time those eating trials were finished, it makes me sick, a live creature being eaten, they should all refuse then they would have to be stopped. Tony has the patience of a Saint, nice as Sam is, he is best in small doses. His strange habit of leaping and attaching himself to people is weird. Never seen that before..

Casdon Mon 11-Dec-23 07:55:55

What was interesting was that all the other contestants wanted Sam to win, despite the appearance from the outside of him being all over the place. Whatever it was, he must have brought something important to camp that wasn’t necessarily obvious to all viewers.

Smileless2012 Mon 11-Dec-23 09:02:37

Could only have been Sam for King and I've never seen anyone before, so thrilled to be crowned.

No live creatures were eaten Allsorts, that was banned some time ago thank goodness and should never have been allowed in the first place.

Chestnut Mon 11-Dec-23 10:14:29

Live creatures may not have been eaten but I found it sickening to see them all dumped over Tony in such quantities. Where are they found? If they keep them then how are they kept? They are all squirming around in buckets before being emptied for the trial. Just because they are not cute, cuddly, fluffy creatures doesn't make it acceptable. This is only the second time I've watched this show and I shan't watch it again because I find the abuse of living creatures quite sickening.

maddyone Mon 11-Dec-23 10:36:45

Are the things cooked or raw when they eat them? Anyone know?

Chestnut Mon 11-Dec-23 10:37:29

Apparently last year the RSPCA received a record 17,000 complaints about the use of animals but it hasn't stopped them doing it again. You can add your name to the RSPCA campaign here if you feel the use of animals is wrong:
www.rspca.org.uk/getinvolved/campaign/imaceleb
I don't care how much they say the animals are looked after, you can see with your own eyes that that is not true.

Cressida Mon 11-Dec-23 13:55:18

Just seen these posted on Digitalspy Forum

Vote for Third Place:
⭐️ Sam - 43.35%
⭐️ Tony - 30.87%
⭐️ Nigel - 25.78%

Vote for King of the Jungle:
🥇 Sam - 56.64%
🥈 Tony - 43.36%

Namsnanny Tue 12-Dec-23 13:30:21

Anyone (*primrose, shinamae*) see NF fuming at the DG of ITV for underhanded dealings (?) Throughout the show?
He threw the gauntlet down with a thud 😳.

Aveline Tue 12-Dec-23 15:05:10

Where is there info about that?

Namsnanny Wed 13-Dec-23 12:37:46

Just google Kevin Lygo v NF.

Chestnut Wed 13-Dec-23 16:38:48

It seems we were right in this thread about the censorship and the nude scenes. We had noticed, so ITV must think their viewers are stupid.

Quote:
Nigel Farage has today given hell to ITV boss Kevin Lygo and warned him not to 'go to war' with him, claiming he now knows there was a conspiracy at the top of the broadcaster to 'stitch me up' on I'm a Celebrity.
Mr Farage, 59, left the jungle after reaching Sunday's final but claims he has now learned 'people up at the top of ITV were doing their best to make life quite unpleasant for me'.
As he returns to Britain he said he is fuming about a 'stitch-up' at ITV, including claims they deliberately censored him, reduced his air time as well as showing him naked multiple times. He also learned that Kevin Lygo allegedly made an obscene joke about him on stage while he was in the jungle.

maddyone Wed 13-Dec-23 18:19:36

If this is true, it’s unacceptable. All contestants should be treated with complete equality.

Primrose53 Wed 13-Dec-23 19:12:59

Namsnanny

Anyone (*primrose, shinamae*) see NF fuming at the DG of ITV for underhanded dealings (?) Throughout the show?
He threw the gauntlet down with a thud 😳.

Namsnanny. I did indeed. Let’s see what Lygo says now.

tickingbird Wed 13-Dec-23 19:22:19

Apparently when Lygo spoke about NF he made a one handed gesture. It rhymes with banker. What a juvenile and rather pathetic thing to do.

The abuse heaped on NF is ridiculous. He may have campaigned for Brexit but over 50 million agreed with him. He gets treated as if he’s Hitler.

Joseann Wed 13-Dec-23 19:44:35

I shall be interested to hear what people have to say in the coming out show. What I don't understand is that ITV were desperate to have NF on the show, Ant and Dec were happy enough to laugh with him and the other contestants got on pretty well with him in the Jungle. Once out however, it seems they all turn on him because he is no longer of any use to them. Sounds a bit hypocritical and unfair to me.

Casdon Wed 13-Dec-23 19:45:47

You’ve won today’s Blatant Exaggeration Award tickingbird. 17,410,742 People voted for Brexit, not 50,000,000.

tickingbird Wed 13-Dec-23 20:49:42

Casdon

You’ve won today’s Blatant Exaggeration Award tickingbird. 17,410,742 People voted for Brexit, not 50,000,000.

You’re absolutely right of course. I’m actually laughing because I don’t know where my head was at when I typed that figure. Senior moment grin

Callistemon21 Wed 13-Dec-23 21:14:29

It's one of those days, tickingbird
It was for me, too 🙂

Chestnut Wed 13-Dec-23 23:43:04

Ant and Dec are always sweetness and smiles to their faces but goodness knows what they say behind their backs. They reassured Nella when she showed concern about her public image, instead of being honest and saying 'Yeah, they all hated you'. I realise they can't say that but it's just another example of all the fakery on this show.

Chestnut Wed 13-Dec-23 23:52:28

tickingbird

Apparently when Lygo spoke about NF he made a one handed gesture. It rhymes with banker. What a juvenile and rather pathetic thing to do.

The abuse heaped on NF is ridiculous. He may have campaigned for Brexit but over 50 million agreed with him. He gets treated as if he’s Hitler.

I agree Tickingbird. He has done nothing illegal or cruel but maybe people are frustrated that he never seems to go down. Even the jungle trials didn't phase him, not even the underwater one. He just said 'I can't do it' and that was that. No tears or hysterics. As his daughter said, he shows the stiff British upper lip.

Primrose53 Thu 14-Dec-23 09:18:10

Chestnut

tickingbird

I agree Tickingbird. He has done nothing illegal or cruel but maybe people are frustrated that he never seems to go down. Even the jungle trials didn't phase him, not even the underwater one. He just said 'I can't do it' and that was that. No tears or hysterics. As his daughter said, he shows the stiff British upper lip.

And when Josie was covering her eyes and laughing her head off about Nigel in those tiny lycra shorts, he just calmly said “do you know what, I don’t actually care.”

There are people who are so self confident that they don’t care or make a big scene about what other people think. Boris is another one. He goes out running in his baggy shorts, an old hat and a dress shirt and couldn’t give a monkeys. 🤣🤣

Namsnanny Thu 14-Dec-23 13:26:01

tickingbird

Casdon

You’re absolutely right of course. I’m actually laughing because I don’t know where my head was at when I typed that figure. Senior moment grin

Senior moment ...
I'm with Callistemon and yourself in having one or two of these.

As for the B*** word, I've taken to touching wood when I use it, for even when innocently used, you can be sure a disgruntled someone will pop up. 😁 Not sure why though?