Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here 2023

(698 Posts)
Primrose53 Tue 14-Nov-23 21:58:55

Confession ….. I have never watched more than a few minutes of this prog but this time around I plan to because Fred Sirieix, Grace Dent and Nigel Farage are in it which should be interesting.

Nanatoone Mon 04-Dec-23 07:33:01

Frankie is a decent soul. Certain people would vote for Nella but I’d never do so. Her trials have been fixed, last night’s one was far too easy. Pitch black my foot.

maddyone Mon 04-Dec-23 09:36:17

I agree Nanatoone, I also think it was fixed for Nella to get that trial because it certainly was far easier than a lot of the others.
I hope they don’t fix the vote to keep her in. I hope she’s out tonight.

Chestnut Mon 04-Dec-23 09:44:24

The Museum trial was the easiest one so far! She only had to unscrew some stars which were all in exactly the same place in the boxes, so once she got the first one she would have no trouble getting the others. She didn't have to search for the stars in a bath full of toads or offal, in fact she barely got near a critter because they were either round the edge of the box or underneath. It was a doddle getting 9 stars! The only one which was difficult was the tunnel and she failed to do that.

Latest news from the jungle drums (all speculation):
The museum wasn't pitch black.
The animals were sedated.
All I would say is that I wouldn't be surprised! It's looking more and more like a fix and that is making me cross, so I doubt I'll be watching this show again.

Chestnut Mon 04-Dec-23 09:55:37

Did anyone notice the ball game was another fix? The second group started off very badly with Josie dropping ball after ball. I counted 32 balls on the ground and yet the first letter hadn't reached the shredder! Eventually they swapped position and Josie miraculously got the ball in just in time to save the first letter. I'm sorry, but that letter would have been shredded long ago.

After they changed position Josie never dropped one ball after that, she managed to get them all in the final hole. We saw the men doing some balancing but we never saw Nella participate at all. That game was a total fix to ensure everyone got their letter from home.

maddyone Mon 04-Dec-23 10:01:07

I think you’re right Chestnut because the letters are all read out for public consumption. The producers couldn’t afford to have one person not get a letter.
I wonder if everyone got their letter in previous series? My bet is they did.

Callistemon21 Mon 04-Dec-23 11:49:52

It's one big con trick!!

DanniRae Mon 04-Dec-23 13:06:37

Oh dear, why are so many posters convinced that every aspect of the programme is fixed! I don't believe that it is. I just watch it and enjoy it! smile

merlotgran Mon 04-Dec-23 13:52:40

DanniRae

Oh dear, why are so many posters convinced that every aspect of the programme is fixed! I don't believe that it is. I just watch it and enjoy it! smile

I caught the end of Loose Women last week while I was waiting for the News and Janet Street Porter was talking about her time on IACGMOOH. She said it was annoying that a lot of interesting conversations between camp mates are edited out in favour of a chat about lip gloss for example. I’m sure this is what happened to Frankie who is an entertaining speaker and like Farage, has survived a plane crash.

Nella is now being shown as a stoic competitor but it’s obvious her trials have been made easier for her.

Heaven only knows why I’m watching it! 🤣🤣

Aveline Mon 04-Dec-23 15:59:00

I don't understand how Nella's massive hair isn't disgustingly full of creepy crawlies. Suspect there's a jungle dressing room where they clean up after trials. Also suspect that the producers are busting a guy trying to keep her in so the programme can't be accused of racism. Also, I suppose, if she'd walked out, as seemed likely, it would be worrying that three females had left

Aveline Mon 04-Dec-23 15:59:42

Busting a gut! Phone insists on changing gut to guy.

Smileless2012 Mon 04-Dec-23 17:50:11

That's a relief Aveline I was going to ask who the poor guy is you're busting grin.

jobieP Mon 04-Dec-23 18:35:10

Merotgran. I guess we're watching it as there is never anything else worth watching. Also, media covers it.
Next year I will record, save and watch a previous drama to watch!

Primrose53 Mon 04-Dec-23 19:50:30

I think Danielle may go out tonight. She sidles up to people and talks about people who don’t pull their weight, then later she is talking to someone else and saying the exact opposite. She just says what she thinks people want to hear.

Joseann Mon 04-Dec-23 20:06:32

Danielle does seem a bit two faced. I think she is either insecure or lacking in judgment.

rafichagran Mon 04-Dec-23 21:18:59

Joseann

Danielle does seem a bit two faced. I think she is either insecure or lacking in judgment.

She does seem to be, but could it be she just likes to agree with everyone, so she does not gey into a argument.

Louella12 Mon 04-Dec-23 21:26:48

I'm cackling about busting a guy , Aveline!

I was hoping Nella would be out this evening but I have a feeling she won't. She gets so much air time. I'm sure she gets more than anyone else.

And this task that Fred is doing is so much harder than Nella's !

It's very annoying.

rafichagran Mon 04-Dec-23 22:10:27

Yesssss. Right desition.

Primrose53 Mon 04-Dec-23 22:31:40

Missing you already NellA? 🤣

Joseann Mon 04-Dec-23 23:04:35

Nella lasted a day longer in the jungle than she should have. Interesting she too said Sam to win.
Fred and Nigel are such an unlikely pair!

merlotgran Mon 04-Dec-23 23:08:45

Thank goodness she’s gone!

maddyone Mon 04-Dec-23 23:10:50

I agree, glad she’s gone.

Chestnut Mon 04-Dec-23 23:58:53

I'm surprised she lasted that extra day because the jungle drums have been banging on about her unpopularity with the public since day one.

I was so angry watching poor Fred struggling in those dressing rooms and thinking of Nella yesterday unscrewing a star from each of those boxes, all exactly the same. No way could Nella have done the dressing room trial. It's all so unfair and I won't be watching it again. It's getting very boring now anyway, it goes on for too long.

Nanatoone Tue 05-Dec-23 07:56:15

It’s a relief that the pot stirrer is out, she seemed shocked to suddenly realise that her behaviour had been witnessed and captured for all to see. Karma Nella.

tickingbird Tue 05-Dec-23 08:14:43

So glad she’s gone. Even in her post exit interview she was twisting things/lying. When asked about the Fred ‘Dad’ incident she said “in the middle of a disagreement he brought up something inappropriate”. What?? They weren’t having a disagreement, they were having a normal conversation when Fred mentioned he was old enough to be her dad. Scary how people twist things.

Smileless2012 Tue 05-Dec-23 08:17:55

I thought that too Nanatoone, it wasn't a good look was it but I suppose at least she was honest enough to say she'd been petty and had been deliberately stirring things up in camp.

Apparently there are cries of racism because she was voted out and Marvin was in the bottom two. She was getting the majority of air time so hopefully now she's gone, Marvin will get more.

Fred's behaviour is getting ridiculous. I wonder if he ever allows his fiance to cook.