Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here 2023

(698 Posts)
Primrose53 Tue 14-Nov-23 21:58:55

Confession ….. I have never watched more than a few minutes of this prog but this time around I plan to because Fred Sirieix, Grace Dent and Nigel Farage are in it which should be interesting.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 05-Dec-23 08:25:07

Nella isn’t giving any interviews so far this morning, I wonder why?

lemsip Tue 05-Dec-23 08:54:54

it's about time sam did a trial I think, wipe the smile off his face and make him settle down for a while..
glad nella's out. She was shocked when ant and dec showed her the interaction with nigel farage. surely they should realise it's all filmed especially any nasty bits.

Aveline Tue 05-Dec-23 08:55:01

Probably trying to work out how to spin her time in the jungle as somehow a tremendous success. Karma indeed.

Callistemon21 Tue 05-Dec-23 10:06:54

Fred's behaviour is getting ridiculous. I wonder if he ever allows his fiance to cook.

That sounds like bliss 😂

I like Marvin, perhaps I'll have to vote for him even though I don't really watch it.

Is there anyone who stands out, like Jill Scott last year?

henetha Tue 05-Dec-23 10:11:50

Fred seems obsessed about the cooking.
I don't think there is a stand out person this year. There are a few who could possibly win.

vegansrock Tue 05-Dec-23 10:23:01

This is a tired format based on cruelty and unpleasantness. It’s time to call a halt.

Bridie22 Tue 05-Dec-23 10:35:54

I have watched im a celebrity every year and this is the worst it has ever been, nobody stands out as a winner.

maddyone Tue 05-Dec-23 10:46:34

I felt sorry for Marvin last night, coming second from bottom. He comes across as a very nice person and doesn’t deserve to be voted out before some of the others. Both the remaining women seem two faced, they should go next.

maddyone Tue 05-Dec-23 10:50:03

GrannyGravy13

Nella isn’t giving any interviews so far this morning, I wonder why?

Nobody wants to listen to her any longer, we’ve all heard enough from her, so it’s good to hear that she’s not giving any interviews. I hope she never gives another interview ever.

OldFrill Tue 05-Dec-23 11:10:31

Hopefully Nella has a decent agent who can help her counter any backlash. She's young and her life shouldn't be ruined by selective editing on a nonsense entertainment show. I should hope she was advised by IAC not to do interviews until she had absorbed the negative reaction she's received and how to deal with it.

Louella12 Tue 05-Dec-23 11:29:31

I imagine Nella has been looking on social media. It's really not looking good. She certainly wasn't popular.

Smileless2012 Tue 05-Dec-23 11:37:19

hmm well of course there's selective editing but they all know that when they go in and that there's no such thing as a private conversation.

I agree that her life shouldn't be ruined OldFrill but any backlash is deserved IMO, and she only has herself to blame for being petty and deliberately 'stirring the pot', both of which she admitted too to Ant & Dec.

She deliberately twisted what Fred and Nigel said to her, and the context when relaying the incidents to other camp mates.

OldFrill Tue 05-Dec-23 11:50:09

The level of vitriol on social media is astronomic, it's absolutely out of proportion, to hate someone based on a few edited hours is vile yet people are pouring out venom. I hope she's ok and being counselled.

tickingbird Tue 05-Dec-23 12:35:41

Old Frill
The level of vitriol on social media is astronomic, it's absolutely out of proportion, to hate someone based on a few edited hours is vile yet people are pouring out venom. I hope she's ok and being counselled.

I should imagine there are some very nasty posts on social media but I don’t have much sympathy to be honest.

She makes her living on SM and seems to be someone who can dish it out. She got paid a lot of money to do IAC and knew what she was letting herself in for. Came across as spoilt, entitled and over opinionated. Maybe it’s done her some good.

Nanatoone Tue 05-Dec-23 13:06:10

I’m inclined to agree with Tickingbird, she was unknown before this and this could have made her famous for the right reasons.

OldFrill Tue 05-Dec-23 13:36:48

Nanatoone

I’m inclined to agree with Tickingbird, she was unknown before this and this could have made her famous for the right reasons.

She was far from 'unknown'.

Smileless2012 Tue 05-Dec-23 15:32:05

To what extent was it edited OldFrill We all saw the conversation between her and Fred. He said his eye sight wasn't as good as it used to be because he's getting old. She said he wasn't old and he responded with 'I'm old enough to be your father', what's wrong with that? People often say to someone much younger that they're old enough to be their father/mother.

Nigel was talking about cultural appropriation (something like that). She twisted it to accuse him of not sympathising with the struggles that minority groups, her self included, go through and that had nothing to do with what he said.

She came across as manipulative and trouble making because that's the behaviour she displayed.

Primrose53 Tue 05-Dec-23 15:49:42

Tony seems to be getting really peed off with Sam leaping on him, hugging him, poking him and trying to kiss him. Last night he looked furious with him and said “that’s a step too far now” and walked away from him. The other night he said to Sam that he was like an 8 year old and he would “kick his a* because he was a stupid boy.

I am really surprised that if Sam has been diagnosed with ADHD and autism he has never been taught about inappropriate behaviour around people. Down’s syndrome kids are taught this because it can be embarrassing for people and could also put the DS child in danger.

I would like Tony to win actually.

jobieP Tue 05-Dec-23 16:08:57

Yes. Tony is coming across well but wasn't it NF that said Sam was like an 8 year old and that he never stops?
I think Nigel is being fairly quiet as he has no-one to talk to on his level.

Joseann Tue 05-Dec-23 17:02:57

I think Sam is just like that, all the time. If you listen to some of his podcasts with his friend Pete Wicks (TOWIE), they sound just like Sam and Tony together. A bit of a double act, and Tony wouldn't have the opportunity pull those infuriated facial expressions if it weren't for Sam, so it's a bit of a win-win all round.
Sam's girlfriend was in Strictly this year and danced with Graziano, she seemed very normal and nice.

Joseann Tue 05-Dec-23 17:05:06

Crikey I must get out more - TOWIE, STRICTLY, I'M A CELEBRITY all in one post! 📺

OldFrill Tue 05-Dec-23 17:21:08

jobieP

Yes. Tony is coming across well but wasn't it NF that said Sam was like an 8 year old and that he never stops?
I think Nigel is being fairly quiet as he has no-one to talk to on his level.

I suspect t his conversations and on the editing room floor along with Frankie Dettoris.

OldFrill Tue 05-Dec-23 17:24:06

Smileless2012

hmm well of course there's selective editing but they all know that when they go in and that there's no such thing as a private conversation.

I agree that her life shouldn't be ruined OldFrill but any backlash is deserved IMO, and she only has herself to blame for being petty and deliberately 'stirring the pot', both of which she admitted too to Ant & Dec.

She deliberately twisted what Fred and Nigel said to her, and the context when relaying the incidents to other camp mates.

"any backlash is deserved"
It's mass bullying

tickingbird Tue 05-Dec-23 17:27:12

I used to watch Made in Chelsea and Sam never behaved like this. In fact the one person who did seem hyperactive and excitable was Jamie Laing.

I quite like Sam but I do think he’s overplaying it on this show and Tony is definitely getting irritated by it.

I think Tony’s coming across very well but I’m surprised poor Marvin was near the bottom as he seems a lovely man.

OldFrill Tue 05-Dec-23 17:31:28

Smileless2012

To what extent was it edited OldFrill We all saw the conversation between her and Fred. He said his eye sight wasn't as good as it used to be because he's getting old. She said he wasn't old and he responded with 'I'm old enough to be your father', what's wrong with that? People often say to someone much younger that they're old enough to be their father/mother.

Nigel was talking about cultural appropriation (something like that). She twisted it to accuse him of not sympathising with the struggles that minority groups, her self included, go through and that had nothing to do with what he said.

She came across as manipulative and trouble making because that's the behaviour she displayed.

It's edited to the extent that conversation/interaction between 10 people over 23 hours is reduced to about 45 minutes? Sorry can't be more specific as I'm not doing the editing.
Frankie was rather bemused as to why he'd been edited out so much.