Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Anyone up for watching the worlds most hated man in the jungle?πŸ˜‚

(212 Posts)
Namsnanny Sun 19-Nov-23 13:29:04

Nigel Farage on I'm a Celeb etc (sorry forgotten the name of the show)
I've never watched it before, and I dont know any of the other contestants, but could be fun.
No doubt he will be given the most gruesome challenges.🀣

Namsnanny Thu 23-Nov-23 13:44:09

Primrose53

0ddOne

I used to like I'm a Celeb, but haven't watched it since it temporarily moved to Wales didn't the pandemic. Last year Hancock put me off, and this year is Farage. There's no way in earth I'd give that vile excuse of a human being a second of my viewing time. And in amazed at the amount of people on here that actually "like" him! Seems racism is alive and well in all age groups.....

Crikey, if you feel like that about someone you don’t even know, how would you feel about someone you do know and dislike. πŸ€”

I wonder too Primrose53?πŸ‘
Perhaps using the word 'hate' wasn't so far off the mark after all?πŸ˜‚

Namsnanny Thu 23-Nov-23 13:46:21

maddyone

I think the title was meant to be amusing Tiggy, hence the emoji.

Thank you maddyone
It was 😊

Namsnanny Thu 23-Nov-23 13:55:43

21 Nov Louella12 ...

Its just a program edited for the best viewing

Yes, so we end up seeing what the producers want us to see.

How far does this go I wonder? It would be easy to 'control' the publics perception of someone I suppose?

Nigel is coming across as an over strict parent at the moment. I dont think that will win him any votes 😳

merlotgran Thu 23-Nov-23 14:03:28

Nigel is coming across as an over strict parent at the moment. I dont think that will win him any votes

He’s right though. They were being really lazy about clearing up after the meal. They’d soon start shrieking if they woke up to find rats doing it for them.

Smileless2012 Thu 23-Nov-23 14:17:35

I agree merlotgran.

Namsnanny Thu 23-Nov-23 14:25:45

Yes I agree merlotgran. Having been a Girl Guide πŸ˜†, and camping the old fashion way with my parents many moons ago (just a field, no toilet blocks).
But he has to think in the same way as the audience, if he is going to get votes, dont you think?

He seems the sort of person who is never still. Always up for sorting the next problem out.
I hope it doesnt, but could go against him voting wise.

I think I'm getting too involved πŸ˜‰πŸ€£

I was listening to Christine Hamilton who was in either this or something similar, and she was saying he is being a bit naive about the editing and just being himself.

Grantanow Tue 28-Nov-23 10:01:16

A latter day Tarzan? Perhaps not.

Namsnanny Wed 29-Nov-23 00:03:51

πŸ’ͺπŸπŸ§—β€β™‚οΈorπŸ‘΄(no Tarzan emoji)

Shinamae Fri 08-Dec-23 16:17:32

Nigel is doing very well πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ€“

Shinamae Mon 11-Dec-23 12:34:29

Hard luck OP Nigel acquitted himself in the jungle extremely well AND came third πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» so not so hated as you would like to thinkβ€¦πŸ˜

Casdon Mon 11-Dec-23 12:40:19

Matt Hancock did very well and was third last year though Shinamae. It doesn’t seem to have made any difference to future prospects in his case. The show is just that, a show.