Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Love Rat.

(118 Posts)
Calendargirl Mon 11-Mar-24 09:16:31

Starting tonight on Channel 5.

A four-parter, starring Sally Lindsay.

The title says it all.

I intend to watch, no doubt it will turn out a bit of disappointment, as many of these dramas do, but it’s some thing to tune in to, plus some sunshine and nice scenery, Cyprus I think.

Calendargirl Mon 11-Mar-24 21:47:04

Can see how this is going (of course).

How can she be so daft? Only met him about a week ago, but moving over to live with him and of course, just going to loan him the money to buy the house of their dreams.

🥺 It’ll end in tears.

petra Mon 11-Mar-24 21:53:44

I gave it 15 mins and gave up. Rubbish script.

Maggiemaybe Mon 11-Mar-24 22:39:33

Thanks for the reminder, Calendargirl, I’ve started it recording. Time will tell whether I delete it or not, but it does at least have a good cast.

OldFrill Mon 11-Mar-24 22:58:52

I'm hoping it morphs into the 'psychological thriller' it claims rather than the utter drivel it is.
We did laugh a lot at the ridiculousness of it.

Gingster Mon 11-Mar-24 22:58:54

What utter tosh. Stupid storyline and Sally Lindsey not at her best.
Would anyone be so gullible

Kate1949 Mon 11-Mar-24 23:05:01

They've nicked it from Shirley Valentine.

Sarnia Mon 11-Mar-24 23:08:26

Gingster

Yes, is the answer to your question.
Several women of a certain age have been taken in by some young, charming swindler declaring undying love. It beggars belief that they fall for it but it does happen.

Maggiemaybe Mon 11-Mar-24 23:10:22

Oh dear, it doesn’t sound promising! I haven’t tried it yet though. And when it comes to love rats, experience shows that people are indeed very, very gullible!

Catterygirl Mon 11-Mar-24 23:16:32

I enjoyed part one and hopefully it will improve with the promised twists and turns.

Kate1949 Mon 11-Mar-24 23:22:40

Actually it's not too bad.

henetha Mon 11-Mar-24 23:24:02

It's pleasant easy viewing, but so predictable. Perhaps it will improve.

Gwyllt Mon 11-Mar-24 23:26:22

You hear of too many women parting with cash for what they think is love. Perhaps this program will open a few eyes

Moonwatcher1904 Mon 11-Mar-24 23:32:28

It was obvious that he wouldn't turn up to the restaurant after she had parted with her money.
As Gwyllt says you hear of it all the time. I've never given money to anyone only my own children. Never would either.

Louella12 Mon 11-Mar-24 23:46:48

I thought of Shirley Valentine as well.

She's been a chump.

But he is rather attractive

Chestnut Tue 12-Mar-24 00:09:51

Moonwatcher1904

It was obvious that he wouldn't turn up to the restaurant after she had parted with her money.
As Gwyllt says you hear of it all the time. I've never given money to anyone only my own children. Never would either.

We didn't expect him to turn up at the restaurant but he did turn up later that evening. I'm hoping they will reveal exactly how she gave him the money. Presumably she contacted his accomplice, the fake estate agent, and asked for the bank account details to transfer the money.

Basically, if someone you haven't known very long even mentions the word 'money' then you should run for the hills in a cloud of dust.

BlueBelle Tue 12-Mar-24 05:54:56

Well I hope there’s some twists and turns as at the moment it’s complete kindergarten stuff
My daughter texted me … ‘what rubbish’
(Yes he is a bit tasty)

Lilypops Tue 12-Mar-24 08:39:52

It was predictable but enjoyable all the same,lovely scenery , a bit of escapism in these cold damp days, Many women do fall for these charming love rats I suppose, but to part with all that money after only a couple of dates, what was she thinking !
Her daughter won’t be too pleased, that was the money for her salon, Yes he was rather dishy,

Lilypops Tue 12-Mar-24 08:41:58

I would like to see Sally Lindsey wearing something other than the voluminous kaftan/dresses she always wears ,

Primrose53 Tue 12-Mar-24 08:59:18

Although it seemed predictable, in many cases this is just what happens to gullible women. Things move too fast for them, they are head over heels “in love” with a new man and will literally do anything for them!

There’s a very well off woman in our village who went to Turkey on hols and met a man half her age. She spent a lot of money and time getting the necessary documentation for him to come and live here. They married and lived in her very nice home. after a couple of years it’s all gone pear shaped so she has kicked him out because he won’t look for work and is chatting up women his own age now! This is going to cost her a lot of money.

travelsafar Tue 12-Mar-24 19:04:17

Watching at the moment and not even looking at TV just listening to the story. How could she be so stupid as to give a stranger all that money!!!

Millie22 Tue 12-Mar-24 19:14:08

He's rather lovely but far too smooth. Probably that's the idea though.

I was a bit worried she might have ended up in the air with that loose fitting dress on the boat.

Astitchintime Tue 12-Mar-24 19:14:31

Lilypops

I would like to see Sally Lindsey wearing something other than the voluminous kaftan/dresses she always wears ,

Yes, Lilypops, I'm sure I recognised a couple of the outfits she wore on the Madam Blanc drama.

Cossy Tue 12-Mar-24 19:22:41

Gingster

Sadly, I’m real life many lonely men and women ARE this gullible!

Cossy Tue 12-Mar-24 19:23:48

In real life!!!!