Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Strictly 2026- Remembering Sparklefizz.

(200 Posts)
Calendargirl Sat 19-Sept-26 12:38:39

Just a reminder that the revamped Strictly starts tonight, 7.25pm.

I’ve posted this as Sparklefizz, who always kicked Strictly off, is no longer here, sadly.

RIP Sparklefizz.

💃

Grandmabatty Sun 04-Oct-26 20:39:48

Jaime was by far the better dancer in the dance off.

EllieAnne Sun 04-Oct-26 20:50:13

I don’t like Jamie either. Don’t know why. I’m so glad Melanie got through. We need a mixture of ages and talents.

Grandmadinosaur Sun 04-Oct-26 20:52:55

Calendargirl

Well, seeing as I had accidentally seen who left, it wasn’t a surprise.

It had also said the other one in the dance off was Dani, so that was wrong.

Not keen on Jamie, somehow though.

The result I saw said it was Sarah and the one who was eliminated ( in case anyone not seen the results show)

Was it me or did that results show drag? It seemed very disjointed too.

Calendargirl Sun 04-Oct-26 21:02:37

Yes, it did drag a bit.

Josh still seems a bit of a spare part.

If he is to stay, he and Emma should be sharing the role more, i.e. he should give some of the results out.

It’s as if they’ve decided Emma is the main one, in which case why employ him in the first place?

Mollygo Sun 04-Oct-26 21:21:44

Emma is a forceful person. She’s not going to share if she doesn’t have to do so.

rafichagran Sun 04-Oct-26 21:27:27

I like Jaimie. She could appear a bit brash to some people, but I like watching her dance.

Casdon Sun 04-Oct-26 21:32:43

Mollygo

Emma is a forceful person. She’s not going to share if she doesn’t have to do so.

?

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Sun 04-Oct-26 21:46:00

I’ve decided just to watch Saturday nights. 2 and a half hours is long enough for me per week. 😁

The results shebang doesn’t particularly interest me (I didn’t bother with it tonight) as next Saturday it will be apparent who has been voted off/danced off in the interim!

JenniRen Sun 04-Oct-26 21:59:18

FriedGreenTomatoes2

I’ve decided just to watch Saturday nights. 2 and a half hours is long enough for me per week. 😁

The results shebang doesn’t particularly interest me (I didn’t bother with it tonight) as next Saturday it will be apparent who has been voted off/danced off in the interim!

We know people who went to see the live show a while ago and I'm wondering just how long it was and whether they got a break for a meal.

It really doesn't need to be that long.

Millie22 Tue 06-Oct-26 11:10:00

The results show went on far too long and atm I can't see the point in Josh being there at all. Emma is really carrying the whole programme on her own.

This is the first year that I'm having to skip lots of it and just watch the actual dancing.

It's such a shame they didn't get the presenting team right as Emma is holding it all together.

Calendargirl Tue 06-Oct-26 12:06:22

I thought Emma gave out the results much quicker than Tess used to. Tess seemed to leave a big gap to build up tension.

I’m sure she has the producer in her ear telling her ‘ok, now!’

The results show really isn’t necessary, is it?

Personally, not interested in listening to ‘the judges’ giving their feedback to Emma and Johannes. Just not needed.

And the clauditorium bit when Josh or Jo Jo are saying ‘oh my darling, and how did you feel when you heard your name?……’

It’s all just padding.

Get it all done on a Saturday night, a slicker, more coordinated show would attract more viewers again maybe.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Tue 06-Oct-26 14:16:49

Very good points Calendargirl
I would agree. Beef up the Saturday programme and complete each week in one session.

TillyTrotter Sat 10-Oct-26 17:22:35

Strictly starts at 6.15 pm tonight.
Does anyone know if there’s a theme?

Grandmabatty Sat 10-Oct-26 17:51:33

I don't think there is a them Tilly. I'm assuming the next theme will be Halloween

TillyTrotter Sat 10-Oct-26 18:00:32

I hope we’re in for an entertaining evening gmbatty. The new students should be settling into their training routines and getting used to their pro partners.

JenniRen Sat 10-Oct-26 18:12:04

It’s all just padding.

I agree Calendargirl We don't need to see them practising, going out and about, any of that, all the waffling.

Just introduce each dancer, give the judges' results then on to the next contestant. Some music and dancing by the professionals. Then the results at the end.

The BBC would have to think of another programme for Sundays then, that might be a problem for them.
They need to remember, they are funded by us. Do we have a say?

Calendargirl Sat 10-Oct-26 18:45:58

Do we have a say?

If the ratings for this series drop badly, then yes, I think we show that we do.

Calendargirl Sat 10-Oct-26 18:48:31

And yes, JenniRen, I totally agree with what you say about the show’s format.

Let’s see a bit more pro dancing thrown in to fill up the gaps, instead of all the ‘padding’.

Maremia Sat 10-Oct-26 19:23:23

'California Dreaming' great music choice for that dance.

Casdon Sat 10-Oct-26 19:28:17

Emma looks lovely tonight I think, she has amazingly adaptive hair, it’s different every week.

Calendargirl Sat 10-Oct-26 19:31:57

Think they need to get some new judges paddles.

They all seem bent!

Or is it just me?

Millie22 Sat 10-Oct-26 19:33:07

Some very samey dances tonight.

Calendargirl Sat 10-Oct-26 19:34:53

Maremia

'California Dreaming' great music choice for that dance.

I find if I like the music, I view the dance much more favourably.

Makes a big difference to how I view the performance, not really fair, I know.

Mollygo Sat 10-Oct-26 19:44:29

Another Strictly come Johannes outfit this week.