I liked Graeme, he is so much better than you would think he’d be somehow.
Gransnet forums
TV, radio, film, Arts
Strictly 2026- Remembering Sparklefizz.
(208 Posts)Just a reminder that the revamped Strictly starts tonight, 7.25pm.
I’ve posted this as Sparklefizz, who always kicked Strictly off, is no longer here, sadly.
RIP Sparklefizz.
💃
They were all better this week, though I still switched off after 20 minutes. I’ll watch it on catch up later.
I think the judges comments are critical but in tge best way- to help the dancers improve..lots of wee mistakes tonight which I'm putting down to nerves
Still haven't watch it, but will soon. We always do a play and pause, to be able to skip through the non dancing sections, and so the new Presenters won't be a bother. 🕺 💃
Only turned on a little while ago as we didn't realise it started at 6.15.
We'd never heard of Cach but enjoyed his dance. Then I looked on the BBC Strictly page and saw this:
"Cach Mercer is a TV personality, professional dancer, model, DJ and content creator, best known for his appearance and winning Love Island 2025."
"Born in East London, Cach developed a passion for dance from a young age, training in commercial and street styles. Before finding fame on television, he worked professionally as a dancer, performing in shows and building a following through his dance content online."
So he has a great advantage.
I think the new presenters are much better this week.
I love Movie Week (but my fav is Halloween)
Loving the dancing, think some scores too high for week two.
Enjoying it very much 🍾
It’s not against the rules or Cash would not have been invited on the Show.
Does not mean he will be a good Ballroom dancer for example, or that the public will vote for him.
I like the new male Pro. dancer Mark and his partner Gold medalist in the Skeleton (Winter Olympics) Tabby .
They could go from zero to hero in this Competition and I don’t think she has acting /dancing skills although she did Circus training once , but the Sports personalities always work hard at training.
I'm just loving iylt and think the standard is pretty high for week 2.
It is kitty and I enjoyed all the Show - new presenters and all - much more than I thought .
Three presenters are not needed but that was a vast improvement tonight, I know the dancing was at a higher standard on week 2 than usual but giving 8s now means by week 4, 10's will be handed out.
I wish more padding was removed and Sunday evening was scrapped.
For my sensitive ears there is too much screaming and shrieking still.
I enjoyed tonight’s programme mainly because I had been invited over to my neighbours at 6pm and we settled down to watch it together with small buffet food & wine. Perfect! It’s good to watch it with someone. We were able to pass comments on the dancing, the judges and the costumes. She suggested we do this every week how marvellous. I will turn up with the eats/wine next week.
I’ve no idea who the celebrity dancers are, apart from 2 out of 21. There’s just too many contestants for me to get a handle on everyone just yet. I like the encouragement the judges give with their professional insight. So much so, I don’t really understand why the public vote? I wouldn’t. Do any of you phone in after the programme?
FGT
I totally agree there are too many contestants to get your head round. It’s much better after the first few weeks when about half a dozen have been eliminated, much more ‘manageable’.
I’ve watched for years, but find this year with several new pros that I’m not entirely sure who are the pros or the celebs, as I know very few of the celebs either, but you soon get used to them.
As for voting, best part of the night! You do it online, don’t think you can phone in anymore, and you can pick up to 5 pairs, or give all your votes to your favourite.
That’s how it ends up with a poorer, but popular pair, remaining over a more accomplished, but not so popular couple sometimes.
And popularity can mean either the celebrity or the pro.
Calendargirl
FGT
I totally agree there are too many contestants to get your head round. It’s much better after the first few weeks when about half a dozen have been eliminated, much more ‘manageable’.
I’ve watched for years, but find this year with several new pros that I’m not entirely sure who are the pros or the celebs, as I know very few of the celebs either, but you soon get used to them.
As for voting, best part of the night! You do it online, don’t think you can phone in anymore, and you can pick up to 5 pairs, or give all your votes to your favourite.
That’s how it ends up with a poorer, but popular pair, remaining over a more accomplished, but not so popular couple sometimes.
And popularity can mean either the celebrity or the pro.
That’s how I feel too Calendargirl especially with the new pros and contestants who are unfamiliar.
Ten minutes shorter next week.
FGT my friends mum was widowed unexpectedly a couple of years back. She also got together with a neighbour in the same position. Both ladies being foodies they take it in turns to cook a meal and watch Strictly together. A win win.
I have unintentionally seen who has been eliminated!
Just reading some Facebook comments on how the second show went, and of course some spoilsport idiot just announced who had gone.
It’s a shame, as I have no desire to know until tonight, but I like to read what others thought as to how the show went.
The main reason why the Sunday night show has had its day, the results should go out a bit later on a Saturday night, (IMHO).
I know who was eliminated but would never spoil it for others. I still think they don't need the Sunday show. It can be done in Saturday.
Yes I know who was eliminated too but checked because I wanted to know. I would never let the car out of the bag either. If I’m discussing the show with someone on a Sunday daytime I always check with the other person if they know or not.
I didn't know about Sparklefizz. I remember she sent me some private messages with lots of good advice about M.E. So kind of her. Very sad to hear this. 😔
DD sent me this last night, when I said I had no idea what most of the celebrities are famous for. Sorry if you all already know.
It explains why I’ve never heard of some of them.
Celebrity & what they’re Known For
Lacey Turner Actress (EastEnders)
Dani Dyer Reality TV star & personality
Chris Appleton Celebrity hairstylist
Delta Goodrem Singer and actress
Cach Mercer DJ and social media personality with dance experience.
Will BestTelevision presenter (Big Brother)
Dame Sarah Storey Paralympic cyclist and swimmer
Jaime Winstone Actress (Malcolm X, Intentions)
Bethany Antonia Actress (House of the Dragon)
Shaun Wright-Phillips Former England footballer
Graeme Hall Dog trainer (The Dogfather)
Lawrence Robb Actor (Emmerdale)
Tabby Stoecker Athlete / Olympian
John Nellis Content creator and influencer
Melanie Walters Actress (Gavin & Stacey)
Thanks Mollygo
I realise why I have little idea who so many of them are. It used to always be actors, singers, politicians, tv stars….
Not much idea about influencers and social media folk. 
I also know who was eliminated but would never divulge the result early. I really can't be bothered with the pretence from the show that it happens on Sunday. Just do a late results show on Saturday night
We have always found out who is eliminated before the Sunday show. Much preferred it when the results were aired later on Saturday.
Cannot be bothered with the pretence of Sunday night, I wonder if the new presenters will say Saturday instead of Sunday 🤷♀️
Grandmabatty
I think the judges comments are critical but in tge best way- to help the dancers improve..lots of wee mistakes tonight which I'm putting down to nerves
Yes I agree plus it’s only week two.
Definitely think results show should be late Saturday night, definitely agree that I prefer the show much more when it’s down to 10 contestants or less.
Mind you, then I get annoyed if/when better dancers get eliminated before less talented/able dancers. 
GrannyGravy13
We have always found out who is eliminated before the Sunday show. Much preferred it when the results were aired later on Saturday.
Cannot be bothered with the pretence of Sunday night, I wonder if the new presenters will say Saturday instead of Sunday 🤷♀️
One of the female pros, not sure which one, commented about it being more nerve wracking the second week, less time to practise new routine, and having the dance off later on that night (or words to that effect), thus knowing who is out.
Well, seeing as I had accidentally seen who left, it wasn’t a surprise.
It had also said the other one in the dance off was Dani, so that was wrong.
Not keen on Jamie, somehow though.
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »

