Gransnet forums

Chat

Good news thread

(185 Posts)
NanKate Thu 16-Jun-16 15:15:26

My DS has been trying for years to get a new contract for some important work and today he finally signed that contract. Please be happy for me/ him I am not boasting.

What's your good news?

Cherrytree59 Fri 17-Jun-16 00:10:04

Thank you Nankate I'm hoping to get some kip sometime soon and hopefully this is the last thread I shall read before I drift off. Nice happy things.

moon

Lilyflower Fri 17-Jun-16 08:53:21

My dear OH had to undergo some invasive and fearful prostate cancer tests but they have all come out clear. Big phew!

Also, I volunteered to drive my DD's BF into London for dental work while he was under sedation and get him back safey when he was virtually knocked out by the drugs. The worry was intense and I woke in the night with nightmares about it. However, yesterday I got him there and back and he is now fine. He can't remember a thing about any of it!

My life is generally blessed. I have a loving and lovely family and lack nothing I need or want for which I am very grateful.

Maywalk Fri 17-Jun-16 08:55:22

I am to become a GREAT grandmother for the first time in December at the age of 86.
Doing my best to knit a blanket for the newcomer.
I lost my dear hubby after 66 years of marriage in April with Dementia so this news of the newcomer is very uplifting.

dirgni Fri 17-Jun-16 09:07:17

Its not raining ⛅️

GrannyO Fri 17-Jun-16 09:30:48

My husband has finally had a cataract op, all is well, his sight is much improved, the relief is enormous x

chicken Fri 17-Jun-16 09:43:34

Thank you NanKate for a lovely thread. May it long continue. My good news---my GD was really afraid that she had failed her exams but in fact got a 2:1.Brilliant!

rosesarered Fri 17-Jun-16 09:45:19

Maywalk ☀️?

Chrishappy Fri 17-Jun-16 09:46:28

My eldest grandson leaves school today and has been signed by Tranmere Rovers football club on an apprenticeship,A great start for him into the adult world. Youngest grandson just got over nasty tummy bug in time for bucket and spade holiday.Me well I've got my leg up against the wall getting swelling down after knee replacement

whitewave Fri 17-Jun-16 09:47:25

We are proud landlords of a baby seagull. Mother and Dad doing noisily well as it appears is baby.

Teetime Fri 17-Jun-16 09:50:48

Good news today - let me see.
-My new golf trousers feel a bit big!!
-Its not raining
-Going to play golf at a different/better course with DH
-children and grandchildren all seem to be trauma free and keeping well, all in work or school.
-looking forward to next holiday in Pembrokeshire.

All in all a good day and I hope you all will also have a good day today. sunshine

Rosina Fri 17-Jun-16 09:59:57

Mu daughter is feeling a lot better, my GS has finished his A levels, today I am going out to get some 'craft' items for small GD who seems to love making things and tells me, to her absolute rapture, that she has her own sellotape dispenser. Small things but they add up to a happy day. Well done NanKate for starting this thread!

grandMattie Fri 17-Jun-16 10:00:28

DH's prostate cancer tests have come back low. Seems the medication is keeping it under control.
Not raining - yet. Dreadful thunder overhead!
Love the thread. Thanks NanKate

Luckygirl Fri 17-Jun-16 10:12:25

Good news about the prostate cancer tests - must be a huge relief.

Today we have our wee GS (13 months) with us - he is a joy to be with and a joy to watch - much better than the TV. His main aim in life is to find someone to smile at! We are willing recipients of those smiles.

Bluesmum Fri 17-Jun-16 10:52:51

What a brilliant idea!! My good news is I feel so much happier reading all your good news!!! AND the acupuncture treatment I am having on my injured back seems to be working, got another session today!

DanniRae Fri 17-Jun-16 10:58:07

My Good News - I had my hair cut and coloured yesterday and I am pleased with it!! (Not always the case I can assure you).

grandMattie Fri 17-Jun-16 11:01:15

Thanks Lucky. He's lived with it for the last 12 years, but yes, it is always wonderful news....
On the other hand, it is p..ingdown with rain now - but it's good wetting vertical, windless rain from a large thunderstorm. Good for garden!

starstella Fri 17-Jun-16 11:10:49

My 2 eldest granddaughters live in Australia.We Skyped on Monday and as usual it was a joy.They sang a little song about Australian wildlife which I am going to learn.Yesterday I went to the local bird sanctuary and I bought them a toy badger and hedgehog.I will post them later today.I will also ask them to make up a song about British wildlife.I will get my thinking cap on and help them.Just the thought makes me happy.Big smile

Lynnekovan1969 Fri 17-Jun-16 11:20:41

The sun is shining at last here in Nova Scotia! Thanks for all the good news

mintsmum Fri 17-Jun-16 11:31:47

Thank you NanKate for starting this uplifting thread and for all the good news you lovely people have shared. I'm on my way to visit a long-standing friend. Looking forward to a weekend catching up on everything that has been happening and playing UpWords.

Alice16 Fri 17-Jun-16 11:40:38

Rosina I STILL get excited about my sellotape dispenser! They weren't around when I was a child and I remember it sticking to everything but the thing you wanted.

NonnaW Fri 17-Jun-16 11:41:25

Lovely to have a happy thread. My good news - new bathroom suite delivered (earlier than time slot given) and we are off to visit friends in Brighton tomorrow for a couple of days. (Hope the dogs behave themselves there!)

Katek Fri 17-Jun-16 11:49:41

I am meeting a friend for coffee today-haven't seen her since Xmas so looking forward to good catch up. Dd2 and family coming for visit overnight to Dd1 (she has the room) so will see everyone for a meal tonight. Happy happy.

hildajenniJ Fri 17-Jun-16 11:49:54

More good news. The Decorator finished a day early and the lounge looks lovely. I'm glad we chose Coastal Glow as the colour. Just the new carpet to lay and we're done.

Angharad56 Fri 17-Jun-16 12:03:33

It's Friday! Need I say more?

lizzypopbottle Fri 17-Jun-16 12:43:24

I'm staying with my daughter in Bristol for a week so I have a whole week with my 18 month old grandson. He's such a joy to spend time with. So that's good news every day for a week!?