Gransnet forums

News & politics

Should we bomb De-ash/ISIS in Syria?

(932 Posts)
JessM Fri 27-Nov-15 08:30:52

Blair took us into the Iraq war (to keep his American allies happy) and the Middle East was de-stabilised.
Its even more unstable and Cameron seems keen to send bombers there,presumably to keep his EU allies happy (given his negotiations...).
ISIS/DEA-SH thrive on chaos. They are a death cult aimed at hastening the end of the world. (Day of Judgement, Islam style).
Given the chaos in Syria and Iraq with all the different factions on the ground and Russia joining the throng in the air I cannot see why joining in would be either helpful or wise.
The poor civilians on the ground are now in fear of Assad, De-ash/ISIS and the bombs.
Cameron's arguments are thin.
Here are some more arguments on the other side voxpoliticalonline.com/2015/11/27/how-many-innocents-will-die-because-of-right-wing-labours-petulance/
Your MP will be heading back to their constituency to think about this over the weekend.
If you are against the bombing please, please write to your MP.
You can use this very easy site. You just type in your postcode and the site will ensure that your MP gets your email. They will be getting lots of emails on the subject so there is no need to be long-winded, so it's a 5 minute task. www.writetothem.com

Anniebach Sun 21-Aug-16 13:28:10

with the exception of arms sales to Hamas but they are friends of our future PM so that's ok

durhamjen Sun 21-Aug-16 13:39:50

I think you'll find that Corbyn suggested peace talks with Hamas, not selling them arms. But do not let your political leanings get in the way of truth.
Do you have a link for what you say about Corbyn?
It's this person that sold arms.

www.stopwar.org.uk/index.php/news-comment/2128-worst-human-being-alive-tony-blair

Anniebach Sun 21-Aug-16 13:44:38

I never let anything or anyone stand in the way of what I believe to be true Jen

durhamjen Sun 21-Aug-16 14:06:17

Do you know that Corbyn wanted to sell arms to Hamas?

durhamjen Mon 22-Aug-16 13:28:36

www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2016/08/syria-civil-war-iconic-image-160818140922815.html

A very powerful piece of writing.

durhamjen Mon 22-Aug-16 13:33:24

www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2016/08/syria-white-helmets-nominated-nobel-peace-prize-160817161037355.html

Why the white helmets do what they do.