Gransnet forums

AIBU

presents for my estranged grand daughters.

(71 Posts)
celebgran Fri 30-Nov-12 21:03:55

Well |I have chosen lots of bits and bobs yet to wrap, but got fun xmas gift bags, and we also got £25 Marks vouchers for them (just in case they get sent back we can use them!)
We are going to pop cards through door and leave presents on step, but am apprehensive, our son in law gave us police harassment warning 4 years ago and our local mp been brilliant trying to fight it for us, we managed to get permission to send cards and presents, but is enormously stressful, we never ever get an acknowledgment.
We agonised over what to do, and few people say just dont send anything but my oldest grand daughter and first grand child although not seen her since baby, I saw her at few hours old and loved seeing her for 9 months I cant just walk away.
Just hope one day my daugher will respond!!
surely not unreasonable to expect a thank you or even photo of my little grand daughters even if she does not want me in her life.

janey Sun 23-Dec-12 18:05:37

Thankyou so much Nonu. Means a lot to me. To you also. X

celebgran Sun 23-Dec-12 23:05:35

blessings and be at peace with yourselves all us poor ladies who have some heartache or other.

Thank you Goose, it means so much to be able to have a little rant on here and the lovely support given is tremendously helpful.

Next year I feel we will stand back and not keep opening up the heartache, if nothing changes with our daughter not sure we can keep on going over with pressies cards etc and ripping open the wounds.

I do my blog for Mollie and one day she will know how much we loved her.

My dear OH HAS not had the best of health this year and really looking after each other has to come before trying to make some contact with our daughter who god knows why has set out to destroy us with her cruelty
Peace and happiness to you all, and Sue enjoy our tasty goodies and walk with doggie, I will p m you.

dfoidfgoi Mon 24-Dec-12 11:52:08

Message deleted by Gransnetfor breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Anne58 Mon 24-Dec-12 12:13:56

reported

choirlady Tue 25-Dec-12 11:39:39

Happy Christmas to all. I'm on my own today too, as far as human company goes but I have my lovely cats and am planning a nice lunch with wine and watching lots of TV smile

whenim64 Tue 25-Dec-12 11:55:12

Merry Christmas Choirlady! Hope today is enjoyable for you. Poppng back later and others will be visiting so come back if you're in need of company smile

Marelli Tue 25-Dec-12 12:01:12

choirlady, Merry Christmas to you too. Enjoy your day - it will be a good one, I'm sure. Soon I will be going to my daughter's to see her grandson (my Great-grandson) open his presents from Santa (he's 2). My DH can't go to see this because the occasion is at my daughter's home and my grand-daughters and partners etc are all there -BUT my daughter doesn't speak to DH. I know he would really love to be there, but understands that it's just the way it is. I hope for everyone who's been estranged from their families, that this year will bring peace and hope for you all. flowers xxx

choirlady Wed 26-Dec-12 11:55:17

Thanks both - I hope everyone had a good day. smile

celebgran Thu 27-Dec-12 20:01:21

we had AWFUL JOURNEY IN DRIVING RAIN and is long one to our Son not been there before either, so tempers were frayed!

Was amazing to see him as said on other thread, and his partner bless her worked so hard to look after us!

Always sad as never know when will see him again, but do not want to put pressure on him, he is all we got now!

sorry you were alone choir lady but sounds like you coped very well, flowers
lady who had our Rosie was very ill with flu bless her but she still had her, we got her some shopping today she is 88 so is worry but she looks bit better, just dreadful cough.

secretgran Tue 01-Jan-13 22:28:13

Happy New Year to you all. I hope that 2013 brings us all happiness, good health and reconciliation with those we love but have lost. I haven't managed to see my grandson but sent a gift card, so hope his mummy will buy him something nice. She phoned me, but I missed the call and she didn't pick up when I called back. I feel as though I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Do I call again and risk her telling me to stay out of his life...and cause another rift between me and my son? Or leave the ball in her court and wait for her to get in touch?

I have been inspired by celebgran to start a blog for my grandson, although I am keeping it private until he is old enough to read it for himself. Thank you for the idea - I found your blog for Mollie and your love for her shines from it. One day she will find it and know that you never gave up on her or her sister.

Grannylin Tue 01-Jan-13 22:37:39

Thanks secret.Happy New Year to you too and hope 2013 is happier for you flowers

glassortwo Tue 01-Jan-13 22:40:48

secret to you too and I hope 2013 brings you what you wish for.

choirlady Sat 05-Jan-13 17:42:39

Happy New Year to you all ! My Christmas was ok - lots of 'oldies' TV, and DS did send me a text, which is a start, but no response from DD. I'm now in retirement complex, which is great and I love it, but difficult to hear from people who have spent at least part of C*mas with family. Still, mustn't grumble (!) - onwards & upwards - I am hoping to volunteer at a (fairly) local exotic pet refuge in NY, or failing that some sort of vol work with animals or children (I used to be a teaching assistant).

Rambled enough now - thanks for your support smile

Marelli Sat 05-Jan-13 17:51:41

We're always here, choirlady. I hope you get your wish and find a volunteering job soon - (exotic pets refuge sounds interesting!!) smile

choirlady Sat 05-Jan-13 18:03:47

Thanks Marelli - will let you know smile

celebgran Sat 05-Jan-13 18:42:25

oh secretgran so pleased you found my blog!

at least that means that Mollie may find it one day!

do hope it helps you to do one.

at least you get glimpses on facebook my daughter keeps everything a total secret!!

suebeck Mon 18-Sep-17 14:08:24

Hello everyone I'm still estranged from my granddaughters who are now 15 and the other is 18 in November. I keep the door open by sending gifts at birthdays but very rarely get an acknowledgement. It was my daughter's birthday last week and and I sent her something as usual. I saw her by chance a couple of months ago and she seemed okay. He appeared too and all seemed okay. I'm tired now with it all, it's been nearly ten years of not seeing them. I looked after them from their births, during childhood illnesses etc and was constantly called upon to help. Please read my previous history and then you are up to speed. I want to learn go but how can I? I have good friends. Unless someone is going through this, frankly they haven't a clue as to the heart break.

suebeck Mon 18-Sep-17 14:09:29

I want to let go. Was typo in my post just now

Smileless2012 Tue 19-Sep-17 14:19:40

Hi suebeck. I'm sorry that your estrangement goes on; 10 years is a long, long time. We have been estranged for almost 5 years and I began letting go sometime ago.

It wasn't something I learned how to do and TBH it wasn't a conscious decision either, the process had already begun when I realised that I was letting go.

"I'm tired now with it all" is how I felt. Too tired to keep desperately clinging on to the hope that our ES would relent and at least allow us to see our GC and for nothing like as long as you've been clinging on.

I don't think you can make yourself let go but you can allow yourself too. If the physical and emotional tiredness is getting too much, maybe now is the time to loosen your grip, just a little.

This thread was started by Celebgran in November 2012, just when our estrangement began and I found an estrangement thread on GN.

There's one still running on the 'Relationships' forum where she and I post regularly. There are several of us 'going through this' so we do understand the heart break and you'd be very welcome to join us.

Yogagirl Sun 01-Oct-17 18:31:57

Well that was a very interesting read! From back when I [& Smileless] were first estranged, but before I found this forum, unfortunately. I remember you Suebeck and always wondered what happened to you. Wasn't it you that got frog-marched out of your DD house by your s.i.l? not too unsimilar to my 'outting'

Well, we are all still here, still hurting and Xmas is beginning to rear it's hurt-filled head. Wouldn't Celebgran be surprised to see her thread resurrected!
flowers