Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU to sell my bungalow abroad mid Brexit?

(37 Posts)
sundancecowboy Sun 25-Mar-18 09:25:28

Or won't it make the slightest bit of difference?

{Have name changed.} Looking to move back to UK but pondering the wisdom of selling just now.

Local estate agents say the market here is improving. Rental prices are increasing. Tourism is higher than ever.

I'd say our typical 'buyer' is likely early retired and looking for a permanent/holiday home in a safe environment.

I'm in disagreement with my stbexp about some of the photos......and would appreciate some gransnet opinion. Is the kitchen too dated?

www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property/property-59871875.html

sundancecowboy Mon 02-Apr-18 10:52:01

Oops... here they are...

annsixty Mon 02-Apr-18 11:00:49

They are both so good I can't choose but how I wish I could have some of that sun.
The very best to you but how can you leave It?
It is pouring with rain and cold here today?

Situpstraight Mon 02-Apr-18 11:10:12

Second. Nice pic.

sundancecowboy Mon 02-Apr-18 11:15:45

The second one will go on asap then - thank you.

It is hard annsixty. The sun is fabulous - it's been warmer this year and I've forgotten about all that snow and cold. I'll need a log burner in my new place!

I'd keep it if I could afford two homes but my premium bonds are yet to come up! sad

Smithy Mon 02-Apr-18 15:08:24

I agree - how can you bear to leave. The couple I know who are also selling up say it's because they are getting old ( aren't we all!) and are worried about being on their own. I always dreamed of living in a warmer country, but it wasn't feasible without a partner. Good luck!

sundancecowboy Mon 02-Apr-18 15:32:19

Thank you Smithy. We're only selling because we are splitting up and I seriously considered staying here by myself but I'd have to buy a smaller place and it's the privacy I have here that's a big part of the dream.

Still - who knows what might happen in the future.

petra Mon 02-Apr-18 17:47:35

Good for you Sundance
There's always another adventure grin

Eloethan Mon 02-Apr-18 18:18:46

It looks very nice, and reasonably priced too (though I don't know what the market is like in Cyprus).

I like the second photo.

Sorry to hear you're splitting up. Hope all goes well and you find something nice in the UK.

Smithy Mon 09-Apr-18 22:18:04

Just went back to your thread for another look , sundance, sorry to hear the reason for you leaving Paphos. Wishing you all good things for the future.

lemongrove Mon 09-Apr-18 22:25:09

Hope you manage to sell soon.....btw haven’t noticed any ‘sentimental’ posts on here at all, just helpful ones and ones that admire your home ( nothing sentimental about that!) smile

Jalima1108 Mon 09-Apr-18 23:12:56

The kitchen looks in keeping with the house imo. You could take all the magnets off the fridge/freezer perhaps - de-personalise is the way to help sell houses, so I've heard.

You could spend money refurbishing only to find that new owners don't like it and would rip it out anyway. Perhaps you could paint the bathroom cabinets white to brighten up that room?

I see you have sitting tenants in slide No. 18 - do they come with the property?