Gransnet forums

AIBU

I've just botched OH hair. AIBU?

(57 Posts)
Esspee Fri 21-Dec-18 12:12:40

I've been hinting for a few days that OH should be paying a visit to the barber. He has refused point blank and said he was waiting until just before our January holiday to go.
This would have meant that over Christmas and New Year he would be looking unkempt.
This morning he asked me if I could give it a little trim and produced an electric clipper thingy.
Unfortunately I have botched the job and now he will have to go to the barber.
HIBU do you think? ?

grumppa Sat 22-Dec-18 22:05:09

In my part of Greater London a haircut and shampoo cost me £10. I share in my hairdressers' lives (the lady has a daughter in her first year at university, the man has a private pilot's licence), and they know that all I want is a number four.

Just a thought: do any of you let your husbands cut your hair?

Just another thought: do all you sheep-cropping wives ask your shorn husbands if they want anything for the weekend?

GreenGran78 Sat 22-Dec-18 22:43:26

Fennel is it wise to encourage your husband to visit a ‘cheap young lady.’

Lisalou Sun 23-Dec-18 06:56:42

There was the occasion when my dear Mr. G decided to take the beard trimmer (motorised variety) to his head - he created a nice little airstrip (the thing apparently slipped) so I had to take over and gave him a number 0 cut - he was a billiard ball for a bit - at the time he was in his thirties and quite good looking, fit, etc, no tum, so he could get away with it - he never tried that again!

hereshoping Sun 23-Dec-18 07:50:34

I wish mine would get his hair cut.
When he was working , he used to get it cut (sheared) annually.
Now he's retired (9 years ago) he refuses to get it cut. The shed hairs clog up the hoover, have ruined the carpet washer and frankly he looks a fright.

Lisalou Sun 23-Dec-18 11:32:29

Hereshoping, have you told him how you (and probably everyone else around him) feel about his hairstyle? He may think it looks really cool!

H1954 Sun 23-Dec-18 22:05:54

I used to cut OH hair. We had bought some electric clippers with loads of attachments and you could extend and retract the cutting blade, after a while we got quite adept at trimming his hair. Well, one particular time a family friend, being impressed with the OH haircut, asked us to tidy up his hair..............yes, you've guessed it, I forgot to extend the cutting blades! Oooops!