Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU

(83 Posts)
Busbybag1 Thu 17-Oct-19 13:14:18

Hi all - new here so please treat me kindly. I don't know if it's just me but when my grandchildren visit 3yrs and 10 months, my DD never sits down, she plays esp with the older one continuously as DGD demands it. I have tried nicely to say that DD gives both of them far more attention than is needed at all times but DD gets upset and puts me in my place. It is truly exhausting when she visits for this reason only. When DGC are here on their own we all get on great, no demands as there are boundaries in our house when they visit and they know it. I just feel when they all visit there is absolutely no time for a casual chat at all with DD as she is so busy giving them attention. Should this be the case, is it just me? It is wearing me down.

GG65 Sat 19-Oct-19 22:51:46

*jealousy

Summerlove Sat 19-Oct-19 23:45:20

If you need alone time with your daughter, then just ask her for that

Hetty58 Sun 20-Oct-19 12:12:39

There are so many posts on here where somebody is critical and upset by another's parenting style. We should all accept that everyone is different and that there is no 'right', correct or perfect way of doing things. Much better to truly appreciate and enjoy the time spent with family, surely?

Tangerine Sun 20-Oct-19 23:06:53

The children will get bigger and won't want Mum to play with them then. You'll perhaps be able to talk to your daughter more then.

I wouldn't say anything.

notanan2 Sun 20-Oct-19 23:50:11

Doesnt mean that thats how she is with them at home!

Maybe she doesnt like you and by getting down and playing with the kids she is being diplomatic as she thinks if you sat and chatted 1:1 you would fall out?

Maybe she feels scrutinised by you so puts on an extra show of "imvolved mum" for you. And she wouldnt be wrong would she? You ARE scrutinising her parenting: hense your post!

notanan2 Sun 20-Oct-19 23:57:51

Maybe she doesnt like you and by getting down and playing with the kids she is being diplomatic as she thinks if you sat and chatted 1:1 you would fall out?

Maybe she feels scrutinised by you so puts on an extra show of "involved mum" for you. And she wouldnt be wrong would she? You ARE scrutinising her parenting: hense your post!

notanan2 Sun 20-Oct-19 23:57:51

Maybe she feels scrutinised by you so puts on an extra show of "involved mum" for you. And she wouldnt be wrong would she? You ARE scrutinising her parenting: hense your post!