Gransnet forums

AIBU

In praise Of Prince Harry & Prince William(please read)

(158 Posts)
Bridgeit Sat 18-Jan-20 20:43:38

At 35yrs old, Prince Harry has served 10yrs in the Army , fought in Afghanistan
Started the Invictus games for wounded soldiers
Walked across the South Pole
Raised Hundreds of millions for charities
Helped raise 1 billion for 9/11
Supporter of 24 Charities
Lost his mother at a young age,( as did William)
William has also been exemplary in all he does.
If he is happy with Meghan , living somewhere else , good luck to him,he deserves it.
Time to give them a little respect.

maddyone Mon 10-Feb-20 14:33:43

It certainly does look that way Namsnanny.

Namsnanny Tue 11-Feb-20 15:52:17

Shame though maddyone ...I think of all the good they could do from their position.
A well connected good looking influential couple, they could be such a good force in the world!
Instead they look to sell themselves to the highest bidder!!
So disappointing.

maddyone Tue 11-Feb-20 17:33:32

I know Namsnanny, it’s extremely disappointing. They could have done so much good, instead they are lining their own pockets. I really feel that the selling of Harry and his grief demeans both Harry and the Royal Family. And our country too.

Jane10 Tue 11-Feb-20 18:22:44

True Maddyone!

Namsnanny Thu 13-Feb-20 14:18:45

Yes as jane10 says so true. Unfortunately there is nothing anyone can do, as it seems even his (R) family ha e no influence over him!

maddyone Thu 13-Feb-20 14:33:02

I think that the Edward and Mrs Simpson saga hangs over the head of the Queen and has influenced her decision. I also think Prince Charles is being somewhat indulgent towards Harry, as perhaps we all are towards our children. I don’t know what to think about William, maybe he went along with his father and grandmother because he could see how hurt they were, and how they wanted to leave the door open for Harry to return to the fold if it doesn’t work out for him.
What really gets to me is the fact that H+M have lied, they said they wanted a quiet, private life, away from the media. Well it’s obvious that they don’t want that, what’s private and quiet about giving a keynote speech to 400 extremely rich people, including Tony Blair who was apparently in the audience. And now going on to negotiate another well paid contract with yet another bank with dubious morality. It’s hardly private or quiet is it?

Anniebach Thu 13-Feb-20 14:54:28

The queen saw the emotional upset in her family when Edward was cut out of the family, she was very fond of her
Uncle David, wonder if Margaret chose the name David for her son after her uncle.

I never trusted Megan after her solo walk down the aisle.

I thought the headlines in some of yesterday newspapers
amusing , showing Charles, Camilla,William and Kate visiting
the rehab centre ‘ The New Fab Four’.