Gransnet forums

AIBU

Holidays 2020 where are you going?

(112 Posts)
Elizabeth1 Mon 25-May-20 10:34:59

Who’s going on holiday this year my DH booked a steam train holiday early on this year for Sept/ Oct we’re travelling to the the north of Scotland for three nights here’s hoping it’ll go ahead and in my daily improvements that I’ll no longer need a wheelchair. The weather is going well so far fingers crossed ? it keeps good.

SusieB50 Wed 27-May-20 09:49:42

Easter Portugal cancelled .
I have a week in Cornwall with my sister and family mid July in a remote holiday cottage , hoping it MAY happen .
Late August 4 nights in Norfolk with DS and DD and all their families in a holiday house surely by then we will be able to go . I had planned tentatively to visit my cousins in Cape Town in November . My late DH would never fly so I thought that it might be a positive thing to do . Certainly not now ...

FoghornLeghorn Fri 29-May-20 22:44:18

I’ve rebooked my two cancelled trips so hotel in north Norfolk at the end of July and hotel in Cornwall in September. Now keeping my fingers crossed that they’re open in time.

jeanie99 Sun 31-May-20 09:39:32

We have a cruise booked for the 4th July for 21 days, we expect the cruise to be cancelled, and a family holiday in August for a week down south.

It's a large barn conversation and for 6 adults and our four grandchildren so I am still hoping this will be ok to go.

This year was our 50th anniversary year and all my well made plans have come to nothing.

trisher Sun 31-May-20 10:32:56

Haven't booked anything and not planning to. Most people seem to think there will be a second spike the only question being when. If there is a vaccine I might travel in UK late rin the year.

gillybob Sun 31-May-20 10:37:33

My holiday plans remain exactly as they were . wink

timetogo2016 Sun 31-May-20 10:51:37

As soon as lockdown is lifted Dh and i are off to our static in Brean for as long as possible.

skunkhair63 Mon 01-Jun-20 06:58:53

We were supposed to be visiting Gozo 2 weeks ago. After seeing how unsupportive our Government were to many folk already away, when Lockdown happened, we're in no hurry to re-book!

Puzzler61 Mon 01-Jun-20 07:12:41

Any day now our cottage holiday in Cornwall will be cancelled but we’ve booked a hotel in September (also Cornwall) and will see how that pans out closer to the time, it can be cancelled if needs be.
Cornwall is calling me, it’s such a fantastic place- but we’ll only go if/when we feel safe too. The sad number of Covid deaths will need to be a lot lower before we’ll commit.

BlueSky Mon 01-Jun-20 13:42:12

Airlines are putting safety measures in place, same with hotels so there is still hope we could even still travel abroad this year! smile

etheltbags1 Mon 01-Jun-20 17:50:19

Our holiday cottage was cancelled but rebooted for next year so just staying home this year

WOODMOUSE49 Mon 01-Jun-20 17:55:37

Lots of mentions of Cornwall.
New report, out 2 days ago, shows South West has a R rate of 0.9 highest in the UK.

So while the South West has the lowest number of cases, it's infection rate is now the highest in the country.

The government is keeping a close eye on R as it reviews lockdown. If it goes above one, the epidemic will grow.