Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

It's finished......better late than never!!

(61 Posts)
Katek Tue 28-Mar-17 09:38:44

Dgs name now added,all washed, pressed and off to framer. It doesn't really matter that I'm a little late with his birth sampler and he's now 2, does it? There just doesn't seem to have been a lot of spare time.

sue1169 Wed 29-Mar-17 18:52:28

Beautiful piece of work...with 2years of love attached to it.....✨✨

Theoddbird Thu 30-Mar-17 08:58:48

It is gorgeous. I am sue it will hang with pide in his room for a long long time smile

luluaugust Thu 30-Mar-17 09:58:53

Beautiful, I wish I could do it.

JaxKerr Thu 30-Mar-17 18:04:52

I started birth sampler for GD and she is now 2 and a half. Not used to cross stitch so confess that I have not touched it for months smile

Yorkshiregel Fri 31-Mar-17 09:49:54

I am sure they will be overjoyed to have such a lovely present. You must have spent hours making it!

craftergran Sat 15-Jul-17 19:08:33

That's lovely ..he will appreciate it now he's older.

MamaCaz Mon 14-Aug-17 19:00:45

Katek - I have come to this thread rather, but having seen the post where you mention that you enjoy crochet, I thought i would post a link to a free pattern for an aran-style baby/toddler cardigan on Ravelry. www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/aran-stitch-cardigan--hat-cardigan

It is worked in DK, but with the Aran style, looks quite chunky, making it great for little boys. I have just crocheted it myself and enjoyed it so much that I will definitely do another in the future if I get an excuse.

MamaCaz Mon 14-Aug-17 19:02:07

Spot the missing word in that last post! hmm grin

Kittye Mon 14-Aug-17 20:52:50

katek it's beautiful! When he's older I'm sure he'll appreciate all the love that went into it.

Katek Tue 15-Aug-17 22:25:14

That's a lovely pattern MamaCaz-you're right, I think it would work for a boy as its quite chunky. Think littlest dgs could be getting a new jumper soon! Thanks for thinking of me and thank you too Kittye for your kind words.