Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

My snowmen are too fat!

(63 Posts)
Witzend Wed 26-Oct-22 08:40:05

I’m making 5 little mini knitted snowmen to go on a knitted wreath - wasn't paying enough attention when stuffing 2 of them, now realise they look frankly obese compared to the others! Luckily the re-makes won’t take long and I can re-use their hats and scarves.
Undoing and partly un-stuffing is likely to be even more of a pain - I sew things up so securely than if I ever have to undo it’s a bugger and a half.
Lately I keep doing daft things like this - another sign of senility creeping up on me? ?

11unicorn Sat 29-Oct-22 17:05:06

oh they are lovely, a shame I can't be there as I would buy that wreath!

MissAdventure Sat 29-Oct-22 19:36:31

I wonder, when people are busy celebrating, whether they spare a thought for the victims in all this.
Snowmen with hacked off arms, poked, prodded, and stuffed...

GreenGran78 Sat 29-Oct-22 20:17:38

If it really bothers you, and they are difficult to unpick, why not just make two new, smaller ones? The 'fatties' could be sold separately as soft toys.

Callistemon21 Sat 29-Oct-22 20:22:06

MissAdventure

I wonder, when people are busy celebrating, whether they spare a thought for the victims in all this.
Snowmen with hacked off arms, poked, prodded, and stuffed...

Shocking, isn't it 😂

Nativity figures suffocating in polythene bags for nearly two years, crying to be sewn together and stuffed.

MissAdventure Sat 29-Oct-22 20:43:34

Shall we start a petition, or should I glue you to a bridge or something? smile

Callistemon21 Sat 29-Oct-22 20:48:35

😂

I feel really guilty, poor little things.

Witzend Sat 29-Oct-22 21:19:03

GreenGran78

If it really bothers you, and they are difficult to unpick, why not just make two new, smaller ones? The 'fatties' could be sold separately as soft toys.

That’s what I did, GreenGran, as per my later post.

Yes, MissAdventure - with callous types like me and Callistemon about, we really ought to have a KNOBs (Knitted Objects) Protection Society.
I haven’t binned my poor armless snowman yet, but I’m afraid that’s going to be his ultimate fate.

Callistemon21 Sat 29-Oct-22 21:22:09

😂

This is the home of UFOs
(Unfinished Objects!)

MissAdventure Sat 29-Oct-22 21:29:23

KNOBS. grin

Fudgemonkey Sun 30-Oct-22 09:25:57

I'm sure tubby snowman will look fab, as others have said we all come in different sizes and agree, when have you ever seen a skinny snowman🤔 like never 😀

JackyB Wed 02-Nov-22 09:32:24

Your solution was the best. Not necessary to unpick or unstuff the big ones. I was imagining a row of them strung up, increasing in size.

sheilayd Fri 11-Nov-22 13:55:52

It must be me! I dont think they look fat at all, if anything, a little slim! As someone said, snowmen are 'portly',,,. Rather wish i was a snowman,, i would have a good excuse for looking as i do then!! 😂🤣😂❄️☃️⛄☃️❄️