Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Anybody got any emotions?

(82 Posts)
Daman Mon 08-Oct-12 15:34:45

Anger, love, peace, acceptance, courageousness, pride, apathy, grief, fear, lust.

List of top level emotions that we have to come to terms with and sort out from time to time.

Do we blokes ever admit to creating these emotions from our feelings?
Do we admit to being in one or more of these conditions?
What helps us back into balanced states? Daman (or Keith)

Nelliemoser Mon 17-Dec-12 07:37:11

I am a bad handwriter and typist, letters get in the wrong place when I do either. I can generally spell long words if they are phonetic, but words with two possible sets of double consonants can defeat me. I have to look them up, accommodate, embarrassed, tomorrow. I can't easily tell if they are correct or not.

Ariadne You only in pedants corner from time to time? Your're its mainstay!
wink

Maniac Mon 17-Dec-12 20:47:19

Nelliemoser
There is a spelling rule .. double consonants after short vowels ...which may help.
I learned this along with other spelling rules in my OU diploma in 'Reading Development'.Some of my colleagues were not aware of them...and of course there are exceptions to every rule!!!

whenim64 Mon 17-Dec-12 21:10:52

That's the first time I've heard that one 'Mainac.' Handy to remember.

annodomini Mon 17-Dec-12 21:24:33

Ariadne, I could have written every word of your post myself. smile

Ariadne Mon 17-Dec-12 21:31:03

anno no more than I'd expect! smile

amandaward2 Thu 29-Aug-13 15:11:04

I am a grandma
My son has recently had problems seeing his daughter and to cut a long story short I'm in a mess as my granddaughter lives within 2 mins walking distance from my house and its killing me knowing we cant see her until it has gone through the courts.
Today my sons ex will have received a letter from the solicitors stating if contact is not permitted court action will be taken.
I cant cope please help!!!!