Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Which wet-shave razor is best?! Sooooo many of them!

(34 Posts)
isthisallthereis Mon 29-Oct-12 20:55:30

Which is the best wet-shave razor to advise a young (teenage) lad to use? There seem to be so many when I went into Boots today.

Four-bladed Gillette Quatros, or a multi-bladed Wilkinson Sword very similar but substantially more expensive! And they're all designed to look like flying spaceships! I am totally confused by it all. He seems determined to go for wet shaving not an electric shaver.

Am I just being cynical but do all the razors seem artificially cheap (under £10 to be followed by very expensive purchases of blades from here to eternity.

He doesn't like the idea of an electric razor. The men in his family are all swarthy so I guess he wants to get something efficient and reliable, but not over-expensive, that he can stick with over the years to come.

Greyduster Sun 27-Aug-17 13:11:10

DH also has a Phillips wet and dry rechargeable shaver and he is very satisfied with it. Better wet than dry, he says and he can use it in the shower. The only downside is that when the blades need to be replaced, they are about half the cost of the razor!

vancilwa Wed 13-Sep-17 09:40:07

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

jhonmiller Mon 07-Oct-19 07:26:57

Thanks for such a healthy discussion on the topic of shaver. It really help me out in getting valuable insight.

Marydoll Mon 07-Oct-19 07:54:01

My DH has a very heavy growth and swears by Gillete Fusion. The blades are expensive, starter packs with blades and razors are about £20+, but it suits DH. I think the blades are interchangeable with other Gillete razors.

Auntieflo Mon 07-Oct-19 12:02:24

Ah, that would be why I couldn't find the Tesco Gillette Fusion Rollerball .
Note to self, look at dates of posting!

jhonmiller Wed 09-Oct-19 12:06:26

Shaving is a delicate procedure that requires exactness as well as security. There are a lot of shavers accessible in the market that does not have any or none of these. In any case, just the Braun shaver can give you an everlasting happy with shaving background that you won't discover in any shavers out there. <a href="https://electricshaverlab.com/remington-shortcut-clipper-review/">Remington SCC100R shortcut clipper review</a>

jhonmiller Wed 09-Oct-19 12:08:16

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

jhonmiller Wed 09-Oct-19 12:09:50

Juts spoke out my depression. By the way, the discussion you people did was really helpful for me Thanks to all contributors. electricshaverlab.com/philips-multigroom-3000-review/