Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Hello

(82 Posts)
Paula8 Sun 15-Jun-14 20:36:16

Hello my name is Paula and I have come on here to talk to someone.

I am at a scarey point in my life, having been married to my husband for 21 years., I have lost feelings for him, I no longer see his clothes around and get a happy feeling, I no longer waite for the sound of the front door and happy that he is home. I no longer have anything to say to him, I now get bored in his presence, I feel anger towaards him, thinking back on the life that we have had, he was a bit selfish and spent no time with me or our children.
I feel very sad to be feeling this way at my time of life.

I have told him all of this and he just thinks I am just being horrible to him, but I cant help the way I feel, I truly wish I did not feel this way sad

He said that worse things could happen and I should just realise this and not split up.

But I feel empty and always always sad, I have considered ending it all but I just could not put my children through that.

Thank you for reading my post

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 25-Jun-14 20:59:01

True. But maybe sometimes, just off-loading troubles can help in itself.

Nonu Wed 25-Jun-14 21:02:44

That is frightfully true.

A trouble shared !!

Is a trouble halved !

smile

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 25-Jun-14 21:40:35

Absolutely. Me old darlin'. chin-chin wine

Nonu Wed 25-Jun-14 21:51:38

Bottoms up dear !!!!!!

Soutra Wed 25-Jun-14 22:28:19

Well that is rich coming from you jing! People in glass houses and all that. I merely thought a reminder of the practical aspects of this emotive subject might be constructive and not come amiss amidst all the hearts and flowers

shysal Thu 26-Jun-14 08:32:20

I would agree with those who recommend legal advice. I thought my exDH was an honourable man, so we had a gentleman's agreement over pension splitting and 50/50 share of assets. As soon as another woman came into his life he tried to back out, followed by a long and expensive legal battle resulting in our arrangements being considered by the judge to be fair and made to stand. My divorce solicitor had warned me! Apparently it is a common scenario when new partners come on the scene!
As I have written to others on this subject - it is best to get all your ducks in a row before starting your new life.
I wish you well for the future. In my case it was something I should have done years before but didn't want to upset the grown-up DDs. However, they have told me that they wish I had put my happiness first. Living alone is great, I do what I want when I want! flowers sunshine