Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Eating raw pasta shapes

(59 Posts)
amberdogxK9 Thu 18-Feb-16 16:44:11

Has anyone out there ever allowed their child or GC to eat raw pasta shapes straight out of the bag like crisps ?
Given the fact they swell in the stomach I remonstrated with someone once about this as potentially harmful and was howled down as the little darlings "liked them".

Bellasnana Fri 20-Sep-19 07:35:37

What is it with dog biscuits! Thought I was the only one.grin
I tried Bonio’s but preferred Winalot which our dear old Labrador used to eat.

I’ve also tried raw pasta but prefer it cooked. I doubt it would harm you.

Maggiemaybe Fri 20-Sep-19 08:49:17

I think most veg is tastier raw and would rather have cake mix than cake any day.

I used to buy Nesquik strawberry milkshake powder (for the DC grin) and eat that by the spoonful. And when I was little I liked to drink vinegar from the bottle, which my mother told me would dry up my blood.

Raw sausages and bacon though? shock

annodomini Fri 20-Sep-19 09:28:41

When I cook cauliflower and broccoli I cut off the stalks and chomp on them. Raw cauliflower florets go down well in a salad. I've been known to sneak spoonfuls of drinking chocolate from the tin. When I was 17 and, out of the blue, lost my voice, one of my teachers recommended swallowing a raw egg. I gagged at the thought and my voice came back without this treatment. Does anyone else eat raw egg?

Maggiemaybe Fri 20-Sep-19 09:48:30

My dad used to drink raw eggs the morning after the night before, anno. envy. I don’t know if anything else went into them.

BradfordLass72 Fri 20-Sep-19 10:42:23

I looked after 2 children who ate raw 2 minute noodles and frozen peas. Didn't like them cooked at all.

My Auntie Vilma ate raw bacon.
I occasionally eat raw mushrooms in a mixed salad.

Mum told me that when I was teething, I was partial to coal!

ccamelia Tue 19-Nov-19 02:55:01

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

yessir04 Tue 10-Mar-20 10:27:02

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

rosenoir Tue 10-Mar-20 11:29:07

It was my job to make the trifle on a Sunday, the jelly used to be quite runny as I used to eat half of it before mixing with water.

I also liked to eat horlicks powder.